[ Success ] Ployer Momo7W - Clean Install Windows 10 Home with compression.

Search This thread

curso

Jan 2, 2016
separation of power and usb

Slightly OT, because it's more of a hardware hacking.
I have this tablet by four months and it does perform ok for what i need it; i have bought also the special USB hub/charge device and it's possible to use the usb connected devices while charging. The problem i have found is that this solution is not 100% stable, sometimes usb devices (lan adapter, usb audio) hangs for no apparent reason.
So i have thought the crazy idea of separating the Power charge from the USB bus in some ways.

At present times i have figured out these possible options:

Keeping the 5-pin port as USB, alternative power points:
a) use a step-down 5v/3.7v as power source instead of the battery

Keeping the 5-pin port as Power, alternative USB points:
b) locate some usb header on the board
c) replace a device (camera, sound, wifi...) for a usb port

Any suggestion alternative, pointers etc welcomed. Thanks.

Haldi4803

Oct 14, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Xperia XZ2
On another note.
My display is really really scratched and looks horrible. Its to late for a protective layer.
Is there a way ro change the display glas?
If you take a close look at the camera or the boarders it looks like there is a 1mm or 0.5mm sheet on top. Anyone tried to remove this? Where could we get a replacement? Maybe something harder for a similar 8" Tablet?

Lunawuna

Apr 30, 2016
I think im going die

Hey any one.

I am having the worst time with this tablet. i dont have a momo7w i have a momo8w and recently i was thinking of upgrading to windows 10 so i cleared the android partions somewhere along the line i accidently merged some allocated space to the recovery portion any way it stopped booting but ive managed a fresh intall now just i cant find the drivers as i didnt back up like a moron... :(

But my question is this does any one know where i can get momo8w drivers?

And if the momo7w drivers will work? I have them i just am abit stupid when it comes to this stuff. Like how to i go about updating them? :( Sorry

I thought maybe if i could get the wifi drivers and connect to the net would microsoft find and download the drivers again?

Sorry if any of the questions i askd sound stupid... Im trying to learn.

Any help would be so appreciated as i have tryed everything.

m3ni

Aug 11, 2013
m3ni.ir
No and No.
There is no SSD inside, it's an onboard eMMC flash storage.
And I think the ram is also onboard and not in a socket.

Yeah I opened it and saw nothing is changeable! Storage, ram...
Windows visual memory decreases storage lifespan (my laptop's HDD get damaged every one year and half and I have to change it because I use it alot), and the storage on tablet isn't changeable so... if the eMMC chipset got destroyed after a time depending on user usage, user should trash the tablet? :eek:
I did try to make windows visual memory to use SD card instead of internal storage, it didn't work and it won't get disabled either

Last edited:

agesandros

Sep 3, 2013
Palermo
Yeah I opened it and saw nothing is changeable! Storage, ram...
Windows visual memory decreases storage lifespan (my laptop's HDD get damaged every one year and half and I have to change it because I use it alot), and the storage on tablet isn't changeable so... if the eMMC chipset got destroyed after a time depending on user usage, user should trash the tablet? :eek:
I did try to make windows visual memory to use SD card instead of internal storage, it didn't work and it won't get disabled either
Hi guys! my tablet is a clone of this PLOYER my model is a mediacom W700 i have a question: there a way to modify by reg or something else the behaviour of the charging battery ? the blue led is on until fully charge...after with che supply plugged on,the % goes down and at 95% run again on...blu led again,and remain on until full charge! this has not sense in my opinion,because the battery goes stressed in a useless way, this kills the battery life...or not? any suggestions are appreciate! thanks!

Felix1598

Jan 8, 2017
Lobster Tails
Thanks Man!

I found that it's very strange that there's no thread on XDA for this superb popular tablet.
This tablet is the most talked about among the Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese tech nerd because of it cheap price.
It's the cheapest Windows Tablet at USD70 shipped to whole world, and USD48 factory price.

My goal here is to totally clean the 16GB emmc and clean / fresh install it with Windows 10 Home with compression to save space.

I will post my progress on the second post (SUCCESS!).

If any of you guys have this tablet and wanna try, I have attached the working drivers for this tablet that you can download below

Thank You m8, I've repaired myself a broken tablet by using your drivers pack. It was Omega branded, but the board manufactuer was YiFang Digital. All the drivers for intel Atom Z3735G were compatible and my tablet's touchscreen, battery, GPIO buttons were functioning, but the rear and front cameras won't. So I've dugged around in the internet and firstly found camera sensor model number/ID then custom driver from Lenovo, whitch it fixed my problem. Really thanks m8, I really appreciate it :D

P.S.

Sorry for my bad english, I did not speak and write natively in english, because I'm from Poland. Thanks :D

ciccillover

Jun 6, 2010
Barletta (BT)
My Mediacom Winpad W700, which is actually a clone of the Ployer Momo7w, is dead after a BIOS flash. No sign of life, no LED on charging, no power, nothing. Need help reviving it.

Here's how it went. Accidentally disabled USB through BIOS settings, don.nasco's method (https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66603324&postcount=91) didn't help, as the CMOS would simply not get reset. Then flashed Nazaux's BIOS (https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/fix-bios-usb-ports-ployer-momo7w-t3323215) and the CMOS had successfully reset, the tablet could successfully reboot and USB was back in business. Since I had a previous backup of my original BIOS ROM, I flashed it back again... all I got after a reboot was a brick! Since then, the tab is dead. It's out of warranty, so RMA is not feasible.

What can I do now?

EDIT: after hours of fiddling, the tablet came back to life. Just had to put the BIOS backup file on a freshly FAT32 formatted USB drive, name it Vlv_CR_Ia32_RELEASE.ROM (name found by poking around with this tool: http://bios-mods.com/tools/Andy P (MDL) Phoenix-Insyde-EFI SLIC Tool/phoenixtool250.zip), plug it into the tablet through its OTG cable and press power for 2 seconds. Unfortunately the backup seems to also contain the wrong CMOS settings! WTF!?

EDIT 2: I don't know what the culprit was, but flashed the original backup BIOS again using Nazaux's trick and the CMOS settings are finally back to the default values.

Last edited:

ciccillover

Jun 6, 2010
Barletta (BT)
After reviving the tablet, here's my (successful) attempt at installing a clean Windows 10 OS (I chose Pro version, while at it). Posting it just because it's a different (and IMHO the cleanest possible) way to do what has already been accomplished. Please note that this procedure could theoretically also apply images from any other Win 6.* operating system (even Windows 7 or Vista), and even Windows XP with some major corrections. I doubt they'd work anyway, because this tablet lacks CSM, and even if it didn't, you would end up in troubles because of the missing drivers.

DISCLAIMER: this is how I did it, but can't guarantee it will work for you. There are many things that can go wrong in such a long and complicated process (20 step!), so if you don't feel at ease with it, if you are afraid to make your tablet unbootable or if you wouldn't be able to recover it on your own in case anything fails or there's a mistake in my procedure, please stop right here. If you choose to follow these steps, do so at your own risk. I can't be held responsible for anything that may happen because of that. You have been warned.

Requirements:
- tablet fully charged
- development machine with an internet connection, about 10 GB free disk space, preferably running Windows 10 (version doesn't matter)
- OTG cable
- powered USB hub
- USB mouse and keyboard
- USB pendrive (at least 8 GB)
- Rufus (here)
- Win10PE SE (here)
- Windows 10 x86 ISO image (use whatever version you prefer, but x64 won't work as this tablet has 32 bit UEFI, and make sure it's smaller than 4 GB - can be done with larger ISOs, but then additional steps are required)
- WinNTSetup3 (here)
- drivers from Trekstor SurfTab Wintron 7, which is another clone of this tablet (chipset, sensors, video, audio and others - WiFi if needed (not in my case) - touch panel)

Preparing a Windows 10 PE live OS image:
1) extract Win10PE SE to %systemdrive%\Win10PESE (use this path, extracting to the desktop or any other folder under %systemprofile% won't work, rest assured)
2) extract the Windows 10 iso of your choice under %systemdrive%\win10 (mounting as an ISO won't do the job, you need to extract it)
3) start Win10PE SE by launching BuilderSE.exe, point it to where you have extracted the Windows 10 iso by clicking "Source". Leave everything else as is, or fiddle with the other settings at your own risk. Then click back on "Script"
4) in the left hand pane, select Main configuration and choose 800x600 4:3 (to make sure nothing is displayer beyond the 600 pixel vertical resolution of our tablet)
5) if your Windows 10 ISO has multiple editions on it, on the left hand tree jump to Images configuration, click Choose your image index and select the desired image index (again, make sure it's 32 bit, not 64), otherwise skip this step
6) scroll down to Utils in the left hand pane, expand Extract WIM folders and launch that script by clicking Gooooo (this will extract the install.esd image with the chosen index to a temp folder on the hard drive, in a command line window)
7) once finished, the default parameters are just fine, you can leave them as they are or customize every other aspect. Whatever you choose to do, click the Play symbol in the upper right corner. You will end up having a UEFI bootable, x86 Windows 10 PE iso in %systemdrive%\Win10PESE\[something].iso. In theory Win10PESE can already put the iso on your pendrive, but in my case I found that Rufus worked better)

Preparing the pendrive:
8) insert the pendrive on the development machine, start Rufus, select your pendrive on the topmost dropdown menu, then click the CD icon next to the dropdown menu that reads ISO Image and select your ISO. Make sure that Partition scheme and target system type are set to MBR partition scheme for UEFI (GPT should work too, but I haven't tested) and filesystem is set to FAT32, then click start. You will end up with a nice x86 Windows 10 PE on a UEFI bootable pendrive that you can still use in a number of other situations, for data rescue from an unbootable machine for example
9) extract WinNTSetup to the development machine and launch the x86 version (doesn't matter if your development machine is running an x64 OS, launch the 32 bit version). It will ask to download a few tools to it's own folder, let it do that (don't worry, these are mostly tools from Microsoft and won't affect the development machine anyway), and close the program when finished
10) extract each drivers to its own folder
11) copy the WinNTSetup folder (not the zip file, because we need the tools that it's just downloaded to its folder), the drivers from the TrekStor clone tablet you have just extracted and the Windows 10 install.esd (if you followed my steps, it should be in %systemdrive%\Win10\sources\install.esd) to the root of the pendrive

Booting the initial setup environment on the tablet:
12) insert the OTG cable on the tablet, plug the USB hub and its power adapter, plug the keyboard, mouse and pendrive to the hub
13) on the tablet keep VolUP pressed. Press power for 5 seconds then release it but keep VolUP still pressed. A graphical choice menu will pop up, select boot manager and select your pendrive (should be the second option). Allow Win10PE to boot
14) when in Win10PE, format your C: drive. While at it, you can get rid of the extra partitions if you want more space, as long as you leave your EFI and system partitions intact. Personally I only had one 450 MB partition at the end of the drive, and no 5 GB recovery partition. I have deleted anything that was beyond the C: partition and it's running trouble free
15) go to the pendrive and launch WinNTSetup. Select your Windows 10 install.esd in the first box, leave Z: (or whatever it calls that, it's an automatic procedure) as the location of the boot drive and select C: as the location of installation drive. You can optionally install to a VHD (multiple setups anyone?) but I don't recommend it.
16) click setup, leave everything as it is in the next window (unless you know what you are doing) and let it install. You will receive a confirmation that the setup will continue on reboot. Shutdown the tablet, unplug the USB pendrive.

Windows 10 second stage setup, drivers and optimization:
17) start the tablet. Let the setup finish, use your keyboard and mouse (touch panel not working yet)
18) as soon as it's finished installing, replug the pendrive and install the drivers in the following order:
- chipset, audio, video etc [reboot]
- touch panel [reboot]
- WiFi if necessary (check in device manager if there is a yellow exclamation marks on an unknown device) [reboot not needed, but recommended]
19) not mandatory, but will help recover some more free disk space. Perform disk cleanup including system files, then open a command prompt (run as administrator) and execute:
compact /compactos:always
20) unplug everything from the USB port, plug in the charger and let it finish.

Done! :)
Hope this helps. If that's the case, hit thanks or consider donating

Last edited:
Reactions: -Em and jututt

dudufcb

Jul 6, 2013
hi guys i know is very old post, but i wanted to know if someone can help me, i had this tablet and never used it because it was chinese, i installed, i formatted, and installed windows bing 8.1 but the touchscreen doesn't work. i can't understand the touchscreen step into the drivers folder, as i can't see where i should update the KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device_15.46.55.386_6.2_x86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After reviving the tablet, here's my (successful) attempt at installing a clean Windows 10 OS (I chose Pro version, while at it). Posting it just because it's a different (and IMHO the cleanest possible) way to do what has already been accomplished. Please note that this procedure could theoretically also apply images from any other Win 6.* operating system (even Windows 7 or Vista), and even Windows XP with some major corrections. I doubt they'd work anyway, because this tablet lacks CSM, and even if it didn't, you would end up in troubles because of the missing drivers.

DISCLAIMER: this is how I did it, but can't guarantee it will work for you. There are many things that can go wrong in such a long and complicated process (20 step!), so if you don't feel at ease with it, if you are afraid to make your tablet unbootable or if you wouldn't be able to recover it on your own in case anything fails or there's a mistake in my procedure, please stop right here. If you choose to follow these steps, do so at your own risk. I can't be held responsible for anything that may happen because of that. You have been warned.

Requirements:
    - tablet fully charged
    - development machine with an internet connection, about 10 GB free disk space, preferably running Windows 10 (version doesn't matter)
    - OTG cable
    - powered USB hub
    - USB mouse and keyboard
    - USB pendrive (at least 8 GB)
    - Rufus (here)
    - Win10PE SE (here)
    - Windows 10 x86 ISO image (use whatever version you prefer, but x64 won't work as this tablet has 32 bit UEFI, and make sure it's smaller than 4 GB - can be done with larger ISOs, but then additional steps are required)
    - WinNTSetup3 (here)
    - drivers from Trekstor SurfTab Wintron 7, which is another clone of this tablet (chipset, sensors, video, audio and others - WiFi if needed (not in my case) - touch panel)

Preparing a Windows 10 PE live OS image:
    1) extract Win10PE SE to %systemdrive%\Win10PESE (use this path, extracting to the desktop or any other folder under %systemprofile% won't work, rest assured)
    2) extract the Windows 10 iso of your choice under %systemdrive%\win10 (mounting as an ISO won't do the job, you need to extract it)
    3) start Win10PE SE by launching BuilderSE.exe, point it to where you have extracted the Windows 10 iso by clicking "Source". Leave everything else as is, or fiddle with the other settings at your own risk. Then click back on "Script"
    4) in the left hand pane, select Main configuration and choose 800x600 4:3 (to make sure nothing is displayer beyond the 600 pixel vertical resolution of our tablet)
    5) if your Windows 10 ISO has multiple editions on it, on the left hand tree jump to Images configuration, click Choose your image index and select the desired image index (again, make sure it's 32 bit, not 64), otherwise skip this step
    6) scroll down to Utils in the left hand pane, expand Extract WIM folders and launch that script by clicking Gooooo (this will extract the install.esd image with the chosen index to a temp folder on the hard drive, in a command line window)
    7) once finished, the default parameters are just fine, you can leave them as they are or customize every other aspect. Whatever you choose to do, click the Play symbol in the upper right corner. You will end up having a UEFI bootable, x86 Windows 10 PE iso in %systemdrive%\Win10PESE\[something].iso. In theory Win10PESE can already put the iso on your pendrive, but in my case I found that Rufus worked better)

Preparing the pendrive:
    8) insert the pendrive on the development machine, start Rufus, select your pendrive on the topmost dropdown menu, then click the CD icon next to the dropdown menu that reads ISO Image and select your ISO. Make sure that Partition scheme and target system type are set to MBR partition scheme for UEFI (GPT should work too, but I haven't tested) and filesystem is set to FAT32, then click start. You will end up with a nice x86 Windows 10 PE on a UEFI bootable pendrive that you can still use in a number of other situations, for data rescue from an unbootable machine for example
    9) extract WinNTSetup to the development machine and launch the x86 version (doesn't matter if your development machine is running an x64 OS, launch the 32 bit version). It will ask to download a few tools to it's own folder, let it do that (don't worry, these are mostly tools from Microsoft and won't affect the development machine anyway), and close the program when finished
    10) extract each drivers to its own folder
    11) copy the WinNTSetup folder (not the zip file, because we need the tools that it's just downloaded to its folder), the drivers from the TrekStor clone tablet you have just extracted and the Windows 10 install.esd (if you followed my steps, it should be in %systemdrive%\Win10\sources\install.esd) to the root of the pendrive

Booting the initial setup environment on the tablet:
    12) insert the OTG cable on the tablet, plug the USB hub and its power adapter, plug the keyboard, mouse and pendrive to the hub
    13) on the tablet keep VolUP pressed. Press power for 5 seconds then release it but keep VolUP still pressed. A graphical choice menu will pop up, select boot manager and select your pendrive (should be the second option). Allow Win10PE to boot
    14) when in Win10PE, format your C: drive. While at it, you can get rid of the extra partitions if you want more space, as long as you leave your EFI and system partitions intact. Personally I only had one 450 MB partition at the end of the drive, and no 5 GB recovery partition. I have deleted anything that was beyond the C: partition and it's running trouble free
    15) go to the pendrive and launch WinNTSetup. Select your Windows 10 install.esd in the first box, leave Z: (or whatever it calls that, it's an automatic procedure) as the location of the boot drive and select C: as the location of installation drive. You can optionally install to a VHD (multiple setups anyone?) but I don't recommend it.
    16) click setup, leave everything as it is in the next window (unless you know what you are doing) and let it install. You will receive a confirmation that the setup will continue on reboot. Shutdown the tablet, unplug the USB pendrive.

Windows 10 second stage setup, drivers and optimization:
    17) start the tablet. Let the setup finish, use your keyboard and mouse (touch panel not working yet)
    18) as soon as it's finished installing, replug the pendrive and install the drivers in the following order:
    - chipset, audio, video etc [reboot]
    - touch panel [reboot]
    - WiFi if necessary (check in device manager if there is a yellow exclamation marks on an unknown device) [reboot not needed, but recommended]
    19) not mandatory, but will help recover some more free disk space. Perform disk cleanup including system files, then open a command prompt (run as administrator) and execute:
    compact /compactos:always
    20) unplug everything from the USB port, plug in the charger and let it finish.

Done! :)
    Hope this helps. If that's the case, hit thanks or consider donating
    I found that it's very strange that there's no thread on XDA for this superb popular tablet.
    This tablet is the most talked about among the Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese tech nerd because of it cheap price.
    It's the cheapest Windows Tablet at USD70 shipped to whole world, and USD48 factory price.

Official site:
    http://en.ployer.cn/product-details-66.html

Spec:
    Display:
    7 inch (16:9) IPS or TN screen, Resolution: 1024*600
    Capacitive touch panel, supports 5 points multi-touch
    CPU:
    Quad-core Intel Atom Bay Trail Z3735G, Speed: up to 1.83GHz
    RAM & Memory:
    1G RAM, Built-in 16GB Memory
    Supports external Micro-SD card, 32GB Max
    System:
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing
    Wireless & Network:
    Wi-Fi: Built-in Wi-Fi Module, IEEE 802.11b/g/n
    3G: Supports external USB 3G Dongle
    Camera:
    Front camera: 0.3 MP
    Videos:
    Supports 1080P Video
    Battery:
    2,500 mAh

Picture (Windows 10 in making):
    yULyyCT.jpg

More pictures: https://www.google.com/search?q=mom...ChMI2ZXqhrSHxwIVDAOOCh3Ipgbw&biw=1366&bih=602

My goal here is to totally clean the 16GB emmc and clean / fresh install it with Windows 10 Home with compression to save space.

I will post my progress on the second post (SUCCESS!).

If any of you guys have this tablet and wanna try, I have attached the working drivers for this tablet that you can download below
    I recently bought one of these off dx.com, hoping to install windows 8.1 on it and linux on a microsd card.

It came with Windows 10 pre-installed. I followed what was written in this thread to enable accessing the UEFI settings, enabling usb boot and disabling secure boot.

I spent hours trying to get this thing to boot an EFI-bootable linux live usb, but the system would not allow me to launch the damn thing, even when manually booting the drive through the "Boot from file" option.

I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread already, but I figured out that the UEFI on this tablet is 32-bit, even though the cpu itself is 64-bit.

I extracted an ubuntu livecd onto a fat32 formatted usb drive (mbr partition table), with the boot flag enabled, and downloaded a bootia32.efi file that was compatible with it. I placed the file in the EFI/Boot folder on the drive, and was successfully able to boot the live disk.

I mostly want to post this for others who were googling around trying to find a way to boot something other than windows much like I was.

For now I'm going to image the drive and see what I can get running on this thing.
    After downloading from provided link, I don't have insydeflash.exe. There's H20FFT-W.exe only and it does not accept -G switch.

Hi,
    I had the same issue.
    You can download Insydeflash from here or mirror.
    And the command is insydeflash.exe backup_rom.fd /g
    Hope that this helps others too.