[ Success ] Ployer Momo7W - Clean Install Windows 10 Home with compression.

Search This thread

Pip_X

Mar 1, 2008
Bukit Jalil
I found that it's very strange that there's no thread on XDA for this superb popular tablet.
This tablet is the most talked about among the Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese tech nerd because of it cheap price.
It's the cheapest Windows Tablet at USD70 shipped to whole world, and USD48 factory price.

Official site:
http://en.ployer.cn/product-details-66.html

Spec:
Display:
7 inch (16:9) IPS or TN screen, Resolution: 1024*600
Capacitive touch panel, supports 5 points multi-touch
CPU:
Quad-core Intel Atom Bay Trail Z3735G, Speed: up to 1.83GHz
RAM & Memory:
1G RAM, Built-in 16GB Memory
Supports external Micro-SD card, 32GB Max
System:
Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing
Wireless & Network:
Wi-Fi: Built-in Wi-Fi Module, IEEE 802.11b/g/n
3G: Supports external USB 3G Dongle
Camera:
Front camera: 0.3 MP
Videos:
Supports 1080P Video
Battery:
2,500 mAh

Picture (Windows 10 in making):
yULyyCT.jpg

More pictures: https://www.google.com/search?q=mom...ChMI2ZXqhrSHxwIVDAOOCh3Ipgbw&biw=1366&bih=602

My goal here is to totally clean the 16GB emmc and clean / fresh install it with Windows 10 Home with compression to save space.

I will post my progress on the second post (SUCCESS!).

If any of you guys have this tablet and wanna try, I have attached the working drivers for this tablet that you can download below

Last edited:
Reactions: Haldi4803

Pip_X

Mar 1, 2008
Bukit Jalil
Steps to repeat what I've accomplished:
- Charge full the tablet.
- Full reset existing Windows 8.1 with Bing x86
- Connect to internet, make sure the tablet is activated.
- Charge full the tablet again.
- While connected to the internet, do an in-place upgrade of it's existing Windows 8.1 with Bing x86 to Windows 10 Home x86 (from an iso in a thumbdrive) (This step is important! It make sure your Windows stay activated)
- Make sure all hardware is working and have correct driver and Windows 10 is activated
(connected standby seems not working very well)
- Charge full the tablet again.
- Insert Thumbdrive, Keyboard, Mouse into USB hub then insert to the tablet.
- Restart the tablet while holding down the shift key / or open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon, then click/tap on Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart now under Advanced startup on the right side.
- The tablet will reboot and you will see the Advanced Startup Options screen.
- From here click Troubleshoot then Advance Options then click Command Prompt.
- From command prompt, type d:/setup.exe (where d:/ is your thumbdrive letter).
- You should then be in the Windows Installer setup screen. This should be exactly the same as booting from USB.
- Follow the setup wizard to do clean install, you will see 5 partitions.
- First 2 partitions (System , EFI) you should LEAVE it, do not delete it.
- Delete the last 3 partitions (C:, Recovery and another Recovery)
- Choose to install Windows on the free space that you got after deleting the last 3 partitions. (No need to manually create a partition).
- Let it install normally, once done you will have C:/ or around 14.45GB.
- It will detect as a normal desktop, but once you install all the drivers on the first post, you will have a fully working tablet again.

Tips to save more space:
1) Use CompactOS:
From an administrative command prompt, simply use the commands:
Compact.exe /CompactOS:query This will query Windows to see if CompactOS is enabled or not
Compact.exe /CompactOS:always This will enable CompactOS
Compact.exe /CompactOS:never This will disable CompactOS
2) Disable hibernation.
3) Decrease pagefile size.

I have around 7GB free space on a fully updated Windows 10 Home installation even with default pagefile and hibernation turned on.

Last edited:

Haldi4803

Nice Thread. Just what i was looking for!
How did you Update?

I tried via .iso on a USB drive.... did not work...
Great Job M$ did there -.- can't even see the full installation window.
(Attachment 1+2)

But well.... that's not the main problem here... it needs 6.27gb free space on C to install Windows 10 ~.~
(Attachment 3)
i still have my 4gb image partition....

Now trying the inplace Upgrade....

P.S About Drivers....
http://woshub.com/how-to-export-drivers-using-powershell-in-windows-8-1-u1/
Here are mine :) on Google Drive:

Also made a Macrium Reflect Free Recovery Disk and saved the img on a USB drive... you never know.

Btw, i also got that error about USB not activated via BIOS. Did you also use a USB 3.0 stick? Heard that there are some driver problems with Windows10 installation and USB3.0

Edit:
Well... inplace upgrade also fails -.- needs 5gb more space.
(Attachment 4)

Edit 24.11.2021.
****ing Google drive changed the link.
Replaced it. Got about 2-4 emails per Week askig for the file. Should work again now.

Attachments

• Unbenannqt.jpg
    Unbenannqt.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 1,436
  • Unbenannt2w.jpg
    Unbenannt2w.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,376
  • Unbenannt3.jpg
    Unbenannt3.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,343
  • Unbenannt4.PNG
    Unbenannt4.PNG
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,212
Last edited:

Haldi4803

i did it.... phew....

Skipped the 6.67gb limitation by selecting a USB drive as backup for the old windows... though didn't even use it in the end -.-
So i have now 6.6gb Free of 14gb.... oh yeah... and the 4gb image partition got deleted during installation.

The worst thing was the Touchscreen driver, because i did not update but delete all i also deleted Touchscreen drivers.
Touchscreen readme.txt insider the driver package said:
- Copy "SileadTouch.fw" to "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers"
- Update the driver "KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device_15.46.55.386_6.2_x86"
Make sure you have a USB Keyboard or Mouse for the initial Setup and to install the drivers.
I installed VNC really fast and did all via PC ^^

Attachments

• Haldi-TAB_win10space.jpg
    Haldi-TAB_win10space.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,821
  • Haldi-TAB_win10partitions.PNG
    Haldi-TAB_win10partitions.PNG
    238.5 KB · Views: 1,800

Pip_X

Mar 1, 2008
Bukit Jalil
i did it.... phew....

Skipped the 6.67gb limitation by selecting a USB drive as backup for the old windows... though didn't even use it in the end -.-
So i have now 6.6gb Free of 14gb.... oh yeah... and the 4gb image partition got deleted during installation.

Strange, I only have 2.5GB of free space doing exactly what you doing when I upgrade.
But the 4GB recovery partition is not deleted.
I'm still trying to find a way to boot from USB to do a clean install.

Pip_X

Mar 1, 2008
Bukit Jalil
Unfortunately I have no way of downgrading because I cannot boot from USB...
Tried the Windows 10 recovery menu to boot from EFI USB device also cannot.

Pip_X

Mar 1, 2008
Bukit Jalil
shouldn't there be a "Restore Windows to previous state" ? or did you already clean the disk and deleted "old windows installations" ?
Yes, it restored back to Windows 10 Home.
My C:/Windows.old is less than 1MB.
I have no idea why this happened to my upgrade.
I'm trying to download the 5.7GB recovery file from Ployer website since a week ago but the speed to me is only around 5kb...
I believe this recovery file should be able to restore the tablet back to the original Chinese Windows 8.1 with Bing.

medusaperseus

Aug 31, 2014
Linux

I dont know about you guys, but Personally, I would like to install linux on mine, but i still dont know whether it will support it. i have downloaded the iso for Kali linux and i plan to install it soon, but sadly, i cant seem to even reach the boot menu.
I think it would be nice for me to have a portable linux wireless tool, well if i can install it.
if anybody hass managed to install any linux distro on the ployer momo7w, please i would like to know how you got past the very fast boot screen, and into the bios.

jeebob

Jul 12, 2012
How are you getting on with this?

I am just preparing to do the same upgrade... Amongst other things, the chinese writing, mid English Windows is driving me mad!!!

Have you managed to get everything up and running yet?

jeebob

Jul 12, 2012
I have managed to get a few things sorted on this... Since you can only get it wrong once and its all over (and I nearly did!) I have managed to get USB booting, and I have also backed up the existing drivers on Windows 8.1, with a hope that in the worst case scenario (and I cant find the drivers for the touch screen!) I am hoping that I can send it looking through the backed up drivers and put it to use with windows 10!

So I am currently biting my fingernails, as I have been backing up for about 2.5 hours, and I have 18 minutes left, and I am hoping the battery holds out for the complete backup (Using Macrium on a live USB to do the backup!)

I will see how it goes, but happy to help you guys get your devices booting to USB if you want!

jeebob

Jul 12, 2012
Running into issues! I can get a USB disk bootable, as I managed to back up from a UEFI USB, but now, I cannot build for love nor money - a Windows 10 installer UEFI USB! RUFUS, SARDU, none of them seem to be able to make it work :(

Got a bit more work to get done! I might event get a solution, but the way the ployer UEFI is setup, its missing some key settings in the UEFI, which without (CSM) we may not be able to clean install!

jeebob

Jul 12, 2012
managed to get the new installation done, you will need a mostly charged tablet, a USB adapter cable, I would recommend a four port hub - one for a mouse, and one for your USB drive with the windows installer on it.

I am happy to share my BIOS settings so you guys can reproduce it! I am waiting for the install to finish and I will run all the drivers installations through, then I can try get the touch screen up and running with my backed up drivers! Hopefully a nice, clean (all English!) installation! I get driven mad by the recurrent chinese words throughout my OS, even though its set to English!!!

jeebob

Jul 12, 2012
I ran into another hurdle!

Got the install completed, but now, it doesnt recognise its a tablet! there are no unknown devices, so I cant install the drivers, the start button and the volume buttons do not work :(

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

I will take a look in an hour or so and let you know! :)

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

4.88GB of free space out of 14GB drive, but there are so many problems with drivers missing, cant see the accelerometer, touch screen, soft or hard keys, I am thinking I might just wipe it and start again...

jeebob

Jul 12, 2012
Right, I am going for a new approach!

I am using the inbuilt UEFI recovery function, and have just reinstalled the OS, looks like its probably Windows 8.1, but what I will then do, is try reinstall, telling it to leave my files. This may sound crazy, and isnt strictly speaking a "Clean install", however, after a clean install of windows 8.1 and an upgrade to windows 10, this should be the best that can be accomplished, without having driver issues everywhere!

I will keep trying and let you know how I get on!

....EDIT... seems its just reinstalled windows 10! looks like I will have to pull out my backups and reload the tablet!

Last edited:

lipothp

Jan 12, 2014
help

Hi

I also bought one of these tablet.
I would like on Windows 10 were installed, but no way to succeed.

I read the forum, but unfortunately I do not know English well.
I live in Hungary. :)

I can not enter BIOS. I connected a wireless keyboard + mouse pressed esc, but not having been in the BIOS.

If I bought the írásotokból, USB can not be reinstalled?

Or, if you do not clean installation somehow manages to put even works with touch screen, volume keys, gyrosensor?

There are very few places on the device ... In practice, in addition to other Windows programs can not be installed. It would be nice if bootlna USB cancel the recovery partition! :)

It is very annoying that some Chinese characters in the windows, and do not even like 8 system :)

Thank you!

PS: I wrote google translator, I hope you understand :)

jeebob

Jul 12, 2012
Lipothp

I am still working on the clean install... Read on for more details.... Unfortunately it's all not going to work very well....

So I reinstated windows 8.1, tried to boot and it failed, as such I reinstalled windows 8 through its recovery tool, though I probably won't be able to do that again.

Anyway, I'm stuck now, got 5.3gb of free space and that's it. I can't progress as I can't claim more disk space. The recovery partition is more than just recovery it is actively used by windows... So if you delete that partition, Windows dies. If you try to move windows folder it will die.

The next challenge is to try move the users directory and hope it works it won't thought. Even compressing the disk space does nothing...

Lipothp, I would suggest you get a wired keyboard and connect to your tablet, go to settings, recovery, advanced and reboot. When it comes up go to troubleshoot and then the option is there for bios.

Seriously it's taken me a week to upgrade and still no closer to having everything working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After reviving the tablet, here's my (successful) attempt at installing a clean Windows 10 OS (I chose Pro version, while at it). Posting it just because it's a different (and IMHO the cleanest possible) way to do what has already been accomplished. Please note that this procedure could theoretically also apply images from any other Win 6.* operating system (even Windows 7 or Vista), and even Windows XP with some major corrections. I doubt they'd work anyway, because this tablet lacks CSM, and even if it didn't, you would end up in troubles because of the missing drivers.

DISCLAIMER: this is how I did it, but can't guarantee it will work for you. There are many things that can go wrong in such a long and complicated process (20 step!), so if you don't feel at ease with it, if you are afraid to make your tablet unbootable or if you wouldn't be able to recover it on your own in case anything fails or there's a mistake in my procedure, please stop right here. If you choose to follow these steps, do so at your own risk. I can't be held responsible for anything that may happen because of that. You have been warned.

Requirements:
    - tablet fully charged
    - development machine with an internet connection, about 10 GB free disk space, preferably running Windows 10 (version doesn't matter)
    - OTG cable
    - powered USB hub
    - USB mouse and keyboard
    - USB pendrive (at least 8 GB)
    - Rufus (here)
    - Win10PE SE (here)
    - Windows 10 x86 ISO image (use whatever version you prefer, but x64 won't work as this tablet has 32 bit UEFI, and make sure it's smaller than 4 GB - can be done with larger ISOs, but then additional steps are required)
    - WinNTSetup3 (here)
    - drivers from Trekstor SurfTab Wintron 7, which is another clone of this tablet (chipset, sensors, video, audio and others - WiFi if needed (not in my case) - touch panel)

Preparing a Windows 10 PE live OS image:
    1) extract Win10PE SE to %systemdrive%\Win10PESE (use this path, extracting to the desktop or any other folder under %systemprofile% won't work, rest assured)
    2) extract the Windows 10 iso of your choice under %systemdrive%\win10 (mounting as an ISO won't do the job, you need to extract it)
    3) start Win10PE SE by launching BuilderSE.exe, point it to where you have extracted the Windows 10 iso by clicking "Source". Leave everything else as is, or fiddle with the other settings at your own risk. Then click back on "Script"
    4) in the left hand pane, select Main configuration and choose 800x600 4:3 (to make sure nothing is displayer beyond the 600 pixel vertical resolution of our tablet)
    5) if your Windows 10 ISO has multiple editions on it, on the left hand tree jump to Images configuration, click Choose your image index and select the desired image index (again, make sure it's 32 bit, not 64), otherwise skip this step
    6) scroll down to Utils in the left hand pane, expand Extract WIM folders and launch that script by clicking Gooooo (this will extract the install.esd image with the chosen index to a temp folder on the hard drive, in a command line window)
    7) once finished, the default parameters are just fine, you can leave them as they are or customize every other aspect. Whatever you choose to do, click the Play symbol in the upper right corner. You will end up having a UEFI bootable, x86 Windows 10 PE iso in %systemdrive%\Win10PESE\[something].iso. In theory Win10PESE can already put the iso on your pendrive, but in my case I found that Rufus worked better)

Preparing the pendrive:
    8) insert the pendrive on the development machine, start Rufus, select your pendrive on the topmost dropdown menu, then click the CD icon next to the dropdown menu that reads ISO Image and select your ISO. Make sure that Partition scheme and target system type are set to MBR partition scheme for UEFI (GPT should work too, but I haven't tested) and filesystem is set to FAT32, then click start. You will end up with a nice x86 Windows 10 PE on a UEFI bootable pendrive that you can still use in a number of other situations, for data rescue from an unbootable machine for example
    9) extract WinNTSetup to the development machine and launch the x86 version (doesn't matter if your development machine is running an x64 OS, launch the 32 bit version). It will ask to download a few tools to it's own folder, let it do that (don't worry, these are mostly tools from Microsoft and won't affect the development machine anyway), and close the program when finished
    10) extract each drivers to its own folder
    11) copy the WinNTSetup folder (not the zip file, because we need the tools that it's just downloaded to its folder), the drivers from the TrekStor clone tablet you have just extracted and the Windows 10 install.esd (if you followed my steps, it should be in %systemdrive%\Win10\sources\install.esd) to the root of the pendrive

Booting the initial setup environment on the tablet:
    12) insert the OTG cable on the tablet, plug the USB hub and its power adapter, plug the keyboard, mouse and pendrive to the hub
    13) on the tablet keep VolUP pressed. Press power for 5 seconds then release it but keep VolUP still pressed. A graphical choice menu will pop up, select boot manager and select your pendrive (should be the second option). Allow Win10PE to boot
    14) when in Win10PE, format your C: drive. While at it, you can get rid of the extra partitions if you want more space, as long as you leave your EFI and system partitions intact. Personally I only had one 450 MB partition at the end of the drive, and no 5 GB recovery partition. I have deleted anything that was beyond the C: partition and it's running trouble free
    15) go to the pendrive and launch WinNTSetup. Select your Windows 10 install.esd in the first box, leave Z: (or whatever it calls that, it's an automatic procedure) as the location of the boot drive and select C: as the location of installation drive. You can optionally install to a VHD (multiple setups anyone?) but I don't recommend it.
    16) click setup, leave everything as it is in the next window (unless you know what you are doing) and let it install. You will receive a confirmation that the setup will continue on reboot. Shutdown the tablet, unplug the USB pendrive.

Windows 10 second stage setup, drivers and optimization:
    17) start the tablet. Let the setup finish, use your keyboard and mouse (touch panel not working yet)
    18) as soon as it's finished installing, replug the pendrive and install the drivers in the following order:
    - chipset, audio, video etc [reboot]
    - touch panel [reboot]
    - WiFi if necessary (check in device manager if there is a yellow exclamation marks on an unknown device) [reboot not needed, but recommended]
    19) not mandatory, but will help recover some more free disk space. Perform disk cleanup including system files, then open a command prompt (run as administrator) and execute:
    compact /compactos:always
    20) unplug everything from the USB port, plug in the charger and let it finish.

Done! :)
    Hope this helps. If that's the case, hit thanks or consider donating
    I found that it's very strange that there's no thread on XDA for this superb popular tablet.
    This tablet is the most talked about among the Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese tech nerd because of it cheap price.
    It's the cheapest Windows Tablet at USD70 shipped to whole world, and USD48 factory price.

Official site:
    http://en.ployer.cn/product-details-66.html

Spec:
    Display:
    7 inch (16:9) IPS or TN screen, Resolution: 1024*600
    Capacitive touch panel, supports 5 points multi-touch
    CPU:
    Quad-core Intel Atom Bay Trail Z3735G, Speed: up to 1.83GHz
    RAM & Memory:
    1G RAM, Built-in 16GB Memory
    Supports external Micro-SD card, 32GB Max
    System:
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing
    Wireless & Network:
    Wi-Fi: Built-in Wi-Fi Module, IEEE 802.11b/g/n
    3G: Supports external USB 3G Dongle
    Camera:
    Front camera: 0.3 MP
    Videos:
    Supports 1080P Video
    Battery:
    2,500 mAh

Picture (Windows 10 in making):
    yULyyCT.jpg

More pictures: https://www.google.com/search?q=mom...ChMI2ZXqhrSHxwIVDAOOCh3Ipgbw&biw=1366&bih=602

My goal here is to totally clean the 16GB emmc and clean / fresh install it with Windows 10 Home with compression to save space.

I will post my progress on the second post (SUCCESS!).

If any of you guys have this tablet and wanna try, I have attached the working drivers for this tablet that you can download below
    I recently bought one of these off dx.com, hoping to install windows 8.1 on it and linux on a microsd card.

It came with Windows 10 pre-installed. I followed what was written in this thread to enable accessing the UEFI settings, enabling usb boot and disabling secure boot.

I spent hours trying to get this thing to boot an EFI-bootable linux live usb, but the system would not allow me to launch the damn thing, even when manually booting the drive through the "Boot from file" option.

I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread already, but I figured out that the UEFI on this tablet is 32-bit, even though the cpu itself is 64-bit.

I extracted an ubuntu livecd onto a fat32 formatted usb drive (mbr partition table), with the boot flag enabled, and downloaded a bootia32.efi file that was compatible with it. I placed the file in the EFI/Boot folder on the drive, and was successfully able to boot the live disk.

I mostly want to post this for others who were googling around trying to find a way to boot something other than windows much like I was.

For now I'm going to image the drive and see what I can get running on this thing.
    After downloading from provided link, I don't have insydeflash.exe. There's H20FFT-W.exe only and it does not accept -G switch.

Hi,
    I had the same issue.
    You can download Insydeflash from here or mirror.
    And the command is insydeflash.exe backup_rom.fd /g
    Hope that this helps others too.