success to hack Technisat MIB2 infotainment system

Amarton

Dec 29, 2011
Hi I have some questions for clerifying the process:
For ZR unit with one SD-card socket:
- there is only one solution, need to read out the emmc IC via SD-card reader.
- online aprovel method is not working because nobody could rewrite CPU to CPUPLUS in metadata.
I am right?

Questions about reading emmc:
- VSS means GND or not?
- 3V and GND come from extarnal source not for SD-CARD reader supply?
- During this process need to power the all unit or not?

wlado93

Jul 18, 2010
@Amarton
- Yes, PLUS unit (without navi) could be done only by connecting EMMC to PC.
- It's not difficult to modify the approval script to work on plus unit (I did one), but after modifying metainfo signature won't be valid, and this is the hard part, create generic signature. So for using modified approval SD script you need to patch swdownload. But to patch swdownload you need to connect emmc to PC. For the first patch you need to have emmc connected to PC, after the 1st patch you can use modified SD approval, telnet, serial (depending on what everything you'll patch).

- on ZR pinout VSS mean +3.3V (VDD), someone who made pinout picture did mistake, because VSS is GND on SD pinout.
- you can use power from SD reader or external
- you cannot power unit during process, connecting emmc to PC is like you connect USB thumb drive

Amarton

Dec 29, 2011
@Amarton
- Yes, PLUS unit (without navi) could be done only by connecting EMMC to PC.
- It's not difficult to modify the approval script to work on plus unit (I did one), but after modifying metainfo signature won't be valid, and this is the hard part, create generic signature. So for using modified approval SD script you need to patch swdownload. But to patch swdownload you need to connect emmc to PC. For the first patch you need to have emmc connected to PC, after the 1st patch you can use modified SD approval, telnet, serial (depending on what everything you'll patch).

- on ZR pinout VSS mean +3.3V (VDD), someone who made pinout picture did mistake, because VSS is GND on SD pinout.
- you can use power from SD reader or external
- you cannot power unit during process, connecting emmc to PC is like you connect USB thumb drive
So I can use from SDCARD reader this pins:
- CLK
- CMD
- DAT0-3
- VSS to GND
- VDD to 3.3V
In the ZR PCB I tie the VSS to 3.3V, becasue the pinout label is wrong, i am right?

czr_gabriel

Jan 28, 2021
Hi,

This might be a really dumb question, but i'll ask anyway.

I have bought a MIB2 Technisat unit with CP hacked, so from what I've been told it will be plug and play to any car. ( 5QA035858A )

Is there any way of 'cloning' this unit (i.e. purchase another unit, and transfer all data from this hacked unit to that unit) so that I then have 2 'plug and play' units?

I presume it's not as simple as that, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

wlado93

Jul 18, 2010
@Amarton
Yes, correct.

@czr_gabriel
If it's SW hack and if you have 2nd the same unit with the same HW version then yes, you can clone memory (patched system and user data) from one unit to second, but you cannot clone activated fec codes, these will remain from 2nd unit. So for example 1st unit has activated Full Link via FEC code and second don't have, after cloning second will still not have activated Full Link. But if you have 1st unit activated via exception list then second unit will be activated too.

Reactions: czr_gabriel

czr_gabriel

Jan 28, 2021
@Amarton
Yes, correct.

@czr_gabriel
If it's SW hack and if you have 2nd the same unit with the same HW version then yes, you can clone memory (patched system and user data) from one unit to second, but you cannot clone activated fec codes, these will remain from 2nd unit. So for example 1st unit has activated Full Link via FEC code and second don't have, after cloning second will still not have activated Full Link. But if you have 1st unit activated via exception list then second unit will be activated too.

Thanks for the quick reply!
What you are saying makes sense.
I don't know how the activation of features was done on the unit, I think there's only one way of finding out! :)

Skipson

Dec 11, 2020
Is it possible to modify android auto-config files by changing them in an update file, then updating the unit with the firmware? I have a unit with both SD card readers and want to try and can't figure out how to read/modify EMMC, whilst also updating the system to a more current version from VW... Current version is 0247T, US.

adadada1

Feb 25, 2021
Hi everybody,

i have a
MIB STD2 PQ +/NAV 5K7 036 200 F
SW 0367, HW H31

i need Component Protection OFF

Thank for help

Last edited:

danielbotez

Mar 31, 2008
Botosani
Is it possible that a Technisat drive has a different configuration of the pins for reading emmc memory? Today I opened the unit and I expect it to be easy if I follow the steps From the tutorial. I was surprised not to be able to connect the card reder according to the scheme.
I attach the motherboard picture and maybe help me activate my android car on this platform.
The unit is:
MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0359
CODE: 3Q0035819B

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

wlado93

Jul 18, 2010
@danielbotez
Your unit is 819, these units (and 820 with DAB) were installed to cars in configuration without voice command / rearview camera / app-connect.
So yes the board is definitely different from tutorial.
You don't have app-connect in menu, and you don't have app-connect swap codes under supported codes.
By other words, on this unit is not possible to activate anything.