successful blankflash on xt1952-4

Search This thread

krbzzr

Feb 21, 2020
(What happened to be the) Solution (for me)

While I tried every option credited (Win10, Linux,) (Qpst Qfil et al installed, installed with blankflash files residing in ...'/bin' alongside them, servers in this package running/not running/restarted) (multiple terminals pushing the blankflash, simultaneously/one then the other then the third [Linux] repetitively)

MY EXPERIENCE suggested that there:
- might be/definitely is/couldn't possibly be -
...good reasons for using...
- some/none/all -
...of these...
- methods/witch charms/examples, each of which came into being through much more ability than I have, me who belittles them and ......-
You get it.

* I'm a boss. "Boss boss baby, boss boss boss baby, boss boss boss baby, boss boss" (copyright Netflix) Therefore, I booted into Windows 10. The device manager should list you as 9008 in Ports
* I downloaded the 'telegram' blankflash. I BELIEVE it DLd as BlankFlash.rar, I'm NEAR CERTAIN it decompressed as 'BlackFlash...' some such
--this bf labelled itself either ocean or river
(device codename, whereas we are Channel)
--- Opinions, perhapses, etc.
* Decomp the archive to the windows desktop, maybe that would be something like C:\users\name\Desktop, that's at least close-ish
* Open cmd command prompt whatever they call their shell as Administrator, CD caps not cd like Linux into that same \Desktop
* blank-flash.bat

I don't know. Maybe it or you or no one does.
If I poke fun and it offends, that's a shame. But this was massively breaky. Broke me repeatedly. What are you going to do, that's my dollar and quarter's worth, would rather've paid that in cash than out of my soul, but here we are.

Last edited:

skullkid383

Nov 16, 2014
Moto G7 Play
While I tried every option credited (Win10, Linux,) (Qpst Qfil et al installed, installed with blankflash files residing in ...'/bin' alongside them, servers in this package running/not running/restarted) (multiple terminals pushing the blankflash, simultaneously/one then the other then the third [Linux] repetitively)

MY EXPERIENCE suggested that there:
- might be/definitely is/couldn't possibly be -
...good reasons for using...
- some/none/all -
...of these...
- methods/witch charms/examples, each of which came into being through much more ability than I have, me who belittles them and ......-
You get it.

* I'm a boss. "Boss boss baby, boss boss boss baby, boss boss boss baby, boss boss" (copyright Netflix) Therefore, I booted into Windows 10. The device manager should list you as 9008 in Ports
* I downloaded the 'telegram' blankflash. I BELIEVE it DLd as BlankFlash.rar, I'm NEAR CERTAIN it decompressed as 'BlackFlash...' some such
--this bf labelled itself either ocean or river
(device codename, whereas we are Channel)
--- Opinions, perhapses, etc.
* Decomp the archive to the windows desktop, maybe that would be something like C:\users\name\Desktop, that's at least close-ish
* Open cmd command prompt whatever they call their shell as Administrator, CD caps not cd like Linux into that same \Desktop
* blank-flash.bat

I don't know. Maybe it or you or no one does.
If I poke fun and it offends, that's a shame. But this was massively breaky. Broke me repeatedly. What are you going to do, that's my dollar and quarter's worth, would rather've paid that in cash than out of my soul, but here we are.
Honestly what are u smoking that made no sense

Reactions: Dangerous-Beans!
1952-6 metro

I bricked my moto g7 play xt1952-1 and what worked for me was the blank flash image attached below, It might work for xt1952-2 as well, give it a shot.

P.s. That's what I posted in the discord channell earlier.

This is the file i ran and it worked... i tried this for days and finally this one worked... THANKS A MILLION

Reactions: Dangerous-Beans!

cabelo009

Jan 28, 2021
I have a 1952-2 xt but I am not able to pass the blankflash, cell phone is being recognized by the PC accepts the commands in cmd, but does not pass the blankflash sorry for the english in google kkkk

Mar 7, 2021
@Spaceminer Could you make a video friend, so that we can see it not only in xda but in the whole world, it would be very kind of you in advance I am very grateful.

Mar 7, 2021
@goesham2 where is the blank-flash.bat? Qboot.exe is missing
1615243051259.png

Mar 7, 2021
[ 0.301] Identifying CPU version
[ 0.303] Waiting for firehose to get ready
[ 32.618] ReadFile() failed, GetLastError()=0
[ 77.419] Waiting for firehose to get ready

abispac

May 27, 2013
I've only had an unlocked XT1952-4 phone for a couple of weeks and I didn't think I'd ever need this thread since I wasn't planning to root or unlock the bootloader. However I had an OTA that was not installing so I used the official LMSA tool from Lenovo to manually install. The crappy program hard-bricked the phone. Couldn't get into fastboot or anything. Anyways, here's what worked for me. Credits to @Spaceminer and @DAN1926

1. Download blankflash from this post which appears to be for a Verizon Moto G7 Power. The blankflash posted @Spaceminer for the XT1952-4 didn't work for me (Lots of "Waiting for Firehose to Get Ready" messages followed by eventual failure)
  2. Download the QPST tools from this post, install and reboot
  3. Copy all files from blankflash to C:\Programfiles_x86\Qualcomm\bin\
  4. Put the phone into the proper mode by holding VolDown+Power and then connect it to a USB port
  5. Run blank-flash.bat. It should finish within a few seconds with no errors and the phone will automatically reboot into fastboot mode. If it takes more than a few seconds, it probably won't work
  6. In fastboot mode, open LMSA and go to the rescue tab. Let it find and install the correct ROM. The process should also remove the bootloader from the G7 Power and install the correct one.
you are the master, this worked for me as well on a tmobile g7 play, thanks.

Oct 25, 2021
I bricked my moto g7 play xt1952-1 and what worked for me was the blank flash image attached below, It might work for xt1952-2 as well, give it a shot.

Hi Dan, can you explain exactly how you used this, as mine is an XT1952-1 and I get the following when I just double click on the .bat file there:-
[1108.933] ERROR: do_package()->do_recipe()->do_configure()->fh_send_fmt()->send_command()->device_write()->IO error
[1108.934] Check qboot_log.txt for more details
[1108.941] Total time: 1108.945s
[1108.943] There were some hiccups in backup and restore.
[1108.943] Please save the following files and see a Bootloader member.
[1108.944] 1) ./qboot_log.txt
[1108.945] 2) ./backup_0xC91258E5_2021-11-25_221844.img
[1108.949]
FAILED: qb_flash_singleimage()->do_package()->do_recipe()->do_configure()->fh_send_fmt()->send_command()->device_write()->IO error

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so after many, many, many hours of tinkering with the blankflash from various devices. i finally got the right combination of files for the singleimage.bin using the blankflash for river. i couldnt say exactly how i ended up getting the device to take it. its failed many times, but i was running 2 command windows in linux "blankflash.sh" and or "qboot port=YOURDEVICEPORT blank-flash" at the same time and finally my device was revived after weeks of being bricked. but here is the blankflash, and may the odds be ever in your favor

Step by Step Unbrick: Moto G7 Play

1. Install QPST programs and utilities. Reboot your PC. QPST.2.7.472_2018.zip

2. Connect your phone to your PC, open the device manager in Windows, then hold Vol↓+Power until you see the unknown device (your phone...) get removed and returned as QHSUSB or qdload.

3. Navigate to the installation folder of QPST. (Ex.) C:\Programfiles_x86\Qualcomm\bin\...
    You want to be where all the hex files and exe's are at. Copy all the blank flash files for your phone to here. (Overwrite files if prompted.) Double click the ".bat" file. You'll reboot into fastboot.

4. Flash your stock firmware. Reboot. Congratulations you're no longer a brick!

Tip: If you get an I/O error when running the .bat file, disconnect and reconnect your phone and try again. -- This definitely works on Windows 10. (Windows 7/8 & Linux, your mileage may vary.)

Model Tested: XT1952-4 RETUS
    I've only had an unlocked XT1952-4 phone for a couple of weeks and I didn't think I'd ever need this thread since I wasn't planning to root or unlock the bootloader. However I had an OTA that was not installing so I used the official LMSA tool from Lenovo to manually install. The crappy program hard-bricked the phone. Couldn't get into fastboot or anything. Anyways, here's what worked for me. Credits to @Spaceminer and @DAN1926

1. Download blankflash from this post which appears to be for a Verizon Moto G7 Power. The blankflash posted @Spaceminer for the XT1952-4 didn't work for me (Lots of "Waiting for Firehose to Get Ready" messages followed by eventual failure)
    2. Download the QPST tools from this post, install and reboot
    3. Copy all files from blankflash to C:\Programfiles_x86\Qualcomm\bin\
    4. Put the phone into the proper mode by holding VolDown+Power and then connect it to a USB port
    5. Run blank-flash.bat. It should finish within a few seconds with no errors and the phone will automatically reboot into fastboot mode. If it takes more than a few seconds, it probably won't work
    6. In fastboot mode, open LMSA and go to the rescue tab. Let it find and install the correct ROM. The process should also remove the bootloader from the G7 Power and install the correct one.
    Just out of curiosity, anyone have any luck with this ?
    Yes. Works without flaw.