Honestly what are u smoking that made no senseWhile I tried every option credited (Win10, Linux,) (Qpst Qfil et al installed, installed with blankflash files residing in ...'/bin' alongside them, servers in this package running/not running/restarted) (multiple terminals pushing the blankflash, simultaneously/one then the other then the third [Linux] repetitively)
MY EXPERIENCE suggested that there:
- might be/definitely is/couldn't possibly be -
...good reasons for using...
- some/none/all -
- methods/witch charms/examples, each of which came into being through much more ability than I have, me who belittles them and ......-
You get it.
* I'm a boss. "Boss boss baby, boss boss boss baby, boss boss boss baby, boss boss" (copyright Netflix) Therefore, I booted into Windows 10. The device manager should list you as 9008 in Ports
* I downloaded the 'telegram' blankflash. I BELIEVE it DLd as BlankFlash.rar, I'm NEAR CERTAIN it decompressed as 'BlackFlash...' some such
--this bf labelled itself either ocean or river
(device codename, whereas we are Channel)
--- Opinions, perhapses, etc.
* Decomp the archive to the windows desktop, maybe that would be something like C:\users\name\Desktop, that's at least close-ish
* Open cmd command prompt whatever they call their shell as Administrator, CD caps not cd like Linux into that same \Desktop
I don't know. Maybe it or you or no one does.
If I poke fun and it offends, that's a shame. But this was massively breaky. Broke me repeatedly. What are you going to do, that's my dollar and quarter's worth, would rather've paid that in cash than out of my soul, but here we are.
you are the master, this worked for me as well on a tmobile g7 play, thanks.I've only had an unlocked XT1952-4 phone for a couple of weeks and I didn't think I'd ever need this thread since I wasn't planning to root or unlock the bootloader. However I had an OTA that was not installing so I used the official LMSA tool from Lenovo to manually install. The crappy program hard-bricked the phone. Couldn't get into fastboot or anything. Anyways, here's what worked for me. Credits to @Spaceminer and @DAN1926
- Download blankflash from this post which appears to be for a Verizon Moto G7 Power. The blankflash posted @Spaceminer for the XT1952-4 didn't work for me (Lots of "Waiting for Firehose to Get Ready" messages followed by eventual failure)
- Download the QPST tools from this post, install and reboot
- Copy all files from blankflash to C:\Programfiles_x86\Qualcomm\bin\
- Put the phone into the proper mode by holding VolDown+Power and then connect it to a USB port
- Run blank-flash.bat. It should finish within a few seconds with no errors and the phone will automatically reboot into fastboot mode. If it takes more than a few seconds, it probably won't work
- In fastboot mode, open LMSA and go to the rescue tab. Let it find and install the correct ROM. The process should also remove the bootloader from the G7 Power and install the correct one.
Hi Dan, can you explain exactly how you used this, as mine is an XT1952-1 and I get the following when I just double click on the .bat file there:-
Ah, so even though it has failed twice for me it is worth disconnecting and reconnecting the phone and trying more times then, yes?