How To Guide Successful conversion of N200 5G from T-Mo to OEM without MSM tool! (Credit to Summersofar)

Search This thread
is it safe to lock the bootloader after this?

edit: i got the nerves to do it, and if you don't root your device, you should be good to lock the bootloader.
disclaimer: even though it worked for me, i take 0 responsibility if you brick your phone. you are the one choosing to make this move.

Last edited:

raven911

Aug 17, 2009
After this conversion, if we are able to get a dual-sim tray, does the N200 then support dual-sim functionality?

thekidelvis

Feb 22, 2012
Hey does converting to firmware to OEM version make the Oem Unlocking option Ungrayed out and Toggleable ?

edale1

Sep 5, 2016
Hey does converting to firmware to OEM version make the Oem Unlocking option Ungrayed out and Toggleable ?
Check this post for how to un-grey the OEM Unlock option. There's a single ADB command you can use to do so.

Reactions: thekidelvis
How does one go about doing that? Where do i go to download tmo oos 11 firmware?
oneplus community server has links to the unbrick tools (msm tools). this will completely reflash your device and it will also wipe your data. this will bring your device back to OOS 11 (still tmobile) then don't update, unlock your bootloader then you can follow the guide.

community server (not official)

castone123

Mar 2, 2019
oneplus community server has links to the unbrick tools (msm tools). this will completely reflash your device and it will also wipe your data. this will bring your device back to OOS 11 (still tmobile) then don't update, unlock your bootloader then you can follow the guide.

community server (not official)
Thank you for replying. Can i downgrade without unlocking bootloader first or do I need to unlock first? I want to root as well.

edale1

Sep 5, 2016
Thank you for replying. Can i downgrade without unlocking bootloader first or do I need to unlock first? I want to root as well.
You shouldn't need to unlock the bootloader before running the MSM Tools.

When you run the MSM Tool, it'll completely wipe and reset the device to a factory default state, including relocking the bootloader if it's unlocked.

castone123

Mar 2, 2019
So i downgraded to android 11 but that lasted for 12 hours before the phone updated itself. I am waiting for unlock code from oneplus, and i should be able to flash global stock rom. how do i disable system updates?

So i downgraded to android 11 but that lasted for 12 hours before the phone updated itself. I am waiting for unlock code from oneplus, and i should be able to flash global stock rom. how do i disable system updates?
well if you really hate OOS 12 you could downgrade it now and go into developer options and disable "automatic system updates" where it won't restart without your consent. after you receive your unlock token from OnePlus, make sure you're running OOS 11 and then follow this guide. After you finish and if you decide you won't make any system modifications, you should lock the bootloader for extra security and safetynet (it won't brick, I tried it myself).

castone123

Mar 2, 2019
well if you really hate OOS 12 you could downgrade it now and go into developer options and disable "automatic system updates" where it won't restart without your consent. after you receive your unlock token from OnePlus, make sure you're running OOS 11 and then follow this guide. After you finish and if you decide you won't make any system modifications, you should lock the bootloader for extra security and safetynet (it won't brick, I tried it myself).
Thanks everyone on this site, it has helped me alot. This phone is my mother's and the update has messed up things up to the point she couldnt use it without asking for my help every day. The phone is still on android 11 so hopefully it will stay until they fix the updates.

Thanks everyone on this site, it has helped me alot. This phone is my mother's and the update has messed up things up to the point she couldnt use it without asking for my help every day. The phone is still on android 11 so hopefully it will stay until they fix the updates.
please make sure you have disabled automatic system updates in developer mode so it won't reboot without your permission. also, they won't release android 13 for this phone (which is a bummer), so you probably have to tell your mother to stay on android 11.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check this post for how to un-grey the OEM Unlock option. There's a single ADB command you can use to do so.
    Guys, I need help.

I have the factory unlocked version of the N200, and bricked it by trying to flash a GSI ROM and apparently doing it wrong.

I can get into fastboot mode, but it won't boot past that point.

Trying to flash the extracted firmware files from the payload.bin, I get messages that it can't resize partitions as needed; doesn't have enough space to flash, and so on.

I'll post the results here shortly.

So I downloaded the MSM flashing thingy for T-Mobile that's been shared here, but the program gives an error that it's the wrong device (because it is, technically).

I contacted OnePlus support asking for a remote session, as I thought maybe they could give me the files and I could then share them here with you guys - but I just heard back from them after 3 days that "we can't do a remote session, wait for the next firmware update"

So now I have a phone that won't get past fastboot mode - when I try, it loads a Qualcomm CrashDump screen.

The commands posted above seemed to work for some files, but not the important ones like system. It can't resize the partitions as specified because, I presume there's something else taking up that space

Is there a way to completely wipe those partitions and recreate them all with the correct sizes? I have the OxygenOS 11.0.5.0.DE17AA files.
    You lose ability to flash OTA until I fix TWRP for flashing OTAs 🤷 that's all I've noticed

But you can still update using fastboot enhanced to push the payload without factory reset 👍
    Sounds good to me! I already lost the ability to get OTAs when I rooted XD
    Thanks! To confirm, the steps from the original post? I'll have to try it then.

Correct, I followed the steps in the OP and used the 11.0.6.0.DE17AA full firmware from https://www.oneplus.com/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=PM1630638351161

Once that was flashed, it took a small OTA to 11.0.7.0 IIRC, and after that, then the full OTA to Android 12 (was 3.8GB~).

Once I was on Android 12, I just rebooted to bootloader, re-flashed the cust-unlock, and then OEM locked it.