• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Successfully made phone call with flyer[7/10 not dev devices]

Search This thread

jazymonkey

Jun 20, 2011
Kaohsiung
Last edited:

jazymonkey

Jun 20, 2011
Kaohsiung
yes, I just saw that on "flyer android development" :(
so some people just happen to get a s-off flyer, randomly?
(sorry if the question is dumb, these root and s-off thing are new to me)

jazymonkey

Jun 20, 2011
Kaohsiung

sadlove

Feb 19, 2007
Gr8 news but if they do it over web its gonna be better for all of us
Instead of the device must be in hand
For me I'll pay $50 for such gr8 work
B.r.

Sent from my HTC ⓢⓔⓝⓢⓐⓣⓘⓞⓝ

doublecheese

Jul 4, 2007
www.sunsetmetal.com
nope, I am sure they are not dev devices
because some stores is doing it for people at the price of NT1380 (US 48)
s-on to s-off plus phone call ability

But if the guy is aimimg at making money, and looks like he's getting a lot of customers, it won't be soon until he share the way

http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/d56715325?&u=:htcapbw&tp=

Why don`t some Chinese XDA members try this ? How come they didn`t try it yet ? Are the sellers reliable guys ?

kcchen

Mar 7, 2005
Proof is in the YouTube videos. Also note the previous posts about s-off devices which are rootable and allow changes to the system files. If I had a s-off device, I'd start by comparing the dialer file size.

I'm still on the fence whether I would use the device as a phone... I guess if I'm paying for a data plan and it includes voice. But I've only got the WiFi version.

If you use a third party process viewer (i.e. Astro File Manager), there is a Phone app using memory. Opening the app takes you to the familiar phone settings tab... Which allows you to configure Internet calling. Maybe more with a CDMA or GSM capable radio.... Which i don't have.

miakotamatsue

May 12, 2011
GrooveIP

I was able to get my HTC Flyer to work as phone with Google Voice using GrooveIP. GrooveIP is available from the Android Market. Once you install it, it will asks you to enter your Google Voice phone number (you can get one for free when you apply for Google voice). Then connect. That's it. I was able to make US and International calls. I am not sure if they are charging me via my Google Voice account, but I will check. Note, you will need Internet connection (WiFi or Sprint View 4G...I have a HTC Flyer with WiFi only connected via WiFi to my Verizon FIOS wireless router).

I also got Pdanet Tablet (beta) to work with my Sprint EVO 4G phone via Bluetooth tethering. So, I believe my tablet has full-time phone functionality as long as I am connected to my Sprint EVO 4G phone.