• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Successfully rooted Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H - By Mohan

Search This thread

astrotxda

Oct 30, 2014
Boot device into download mode and flash the first file? im familiar of booting but to flash! how to do that?

flash using ODIN,

1. turn off ur phone remove battery for atleast 5seconds
2. boot into download mode press vol down + home + sleep until warning appears and press vol up to continue
3. open odin just leave the option box as is, auto reboot check and F. Reset Time Check
4. click PDA and choose "2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.tar.md5" click start and wait till the phone reboot to home screen
5. click PDA again and choose "1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5" click start and wait again till the phone reboot to home screen
6. check if SuperSU is installed

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Hi folks, I had rooted my device using this method and I experienced bootloops.
I feel the problem was that I was using a newer update of KitKat while this root method used an older recovery build.
So before trying my method, please backup data.
OPTION 1
Step 1. Download this build http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/35763/G530HXXU1ANII_G530HODD1ANI5_INS/

Step 2. Factory reset device and flash the above build using ODIN (Google up how to use ODIN to flash builds)

Step 3. Root your SGP using the root method given in OP

You're done. This worked for me. I have an SM-G530H on
Build Number- G530HXXU1ANII
Baseband- G530HDDU1ANI3

OPTION 2
1. Go to http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/
2. Find the right version for your phone.
3. Dowload CF Auto root for your device
4. Find the right corresponding firmware version supported from SamMobile
eg. Right now CF Auto Root is on Version NJ2 for SM-G530H so I flash NJ2 build from Sam Mobile (NJ2 is last 3 characters of build number)
Then download NJ2 build from SamMobile and flash using ODIN
5. Flash the right firmware build as per CF Auto root version
6. Flash CF auto root as per instructions
(BASIC INSTRUCTIONS
All downloads contain .tar.md5 files flashable in ODIN as PDA.

Make sure your device is in ODIN download mode (usually you can get there by holding VolDown+Home+Power when the device is turned off), then start the included Odin3-v1.85.exe file, press the PDA button, select the .tar.md5 file, and click Start. You can find more detailed instructions and assistance at XDA.

A modified recovery and cache partition will be flashed, which will install (only) SuperSU, then clean-up the cache partition and re-flash the stock recovery.

For the root to work, the device must reboot into recovery. Most devices will do this automatically after flashing these files, but in case that does not happen, please boot into recovery manually.)
7. Done
NOTE: I haven't tried OPTION 2

Cheers. Looking forward to some great development for this device :good:

does this also work here in Philippines?
can you link me to the official Philippine Firmware?

Sublation

Jan 5, 2013
Flashing this file would have solved that issue: 1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5 :)

I have the same issue as Storm, the one you replied to. Flashed both files through Odin, as the instructions say, and still boots to recovery each time.

Unlike Storm, I have not been able to get rid of the issue by reboot or power off the problem away.

Anyone else have insight? How to get this to stop booting into recovery?

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

I would like to add, I have confirmed I am rooted. Also installed xposed with no issues.

But a nice bonus: this is reported to trip Knox counter, but I'm still 0x0.

TahaKazi

Mar 21, 2013
Mumbai
Hi,

i followed all the steps and my root works fine however my camera stopped wroking... i get media server error... camera needs restart... i have tried wipe data and cache, flashing new firmware nothing works... plz help

Sublation

Jan 5, 2013
So... how do we make it stop booting to recovery? The closest solution I found in this thread are to flash again. Or to reboot a bunch of times. Neither solution has worked.

I am rooted though.

Yes I flashed both files in Odin as per the instructions.

The old firmware that chainfire works off of is no longer available from Samsung website. Will it work on later firmwares?

Last edited:

Jeewan Deep

Jun 2, 2013
kolkata
Prime

Helo guys...!!
I have successfully rooted my android.. by following the steps...
can u plz explain ... . .. y 2 files to flash...???
2_ files .... after flashing ds only su apk came.... so y to flash 1_ as well..!!1 (Although i have done it)

got its stock from the website on SamMobile.. . . really a big file.. nd need to be loged in to download it..!!

Anyways the thing is.. before rootng it.. .i could easy install its drivers nd all just by plugging it in in the comp... nd with net on...
but after ds rootng ..by ur steps.. drivers of Samsung ...some of it cnt get installed...!!!

Wt to do..???? i want to use reverse tetherig...... but this driver problem.. help.!!!:(

omus64

May 22, 2008
Guys
Will above methods work with my SM-G530FZ ?

I rooted my sm-g530fz with cf_auto_root method (SM-G530F) and when i reboot it i have Android system recovery screen
For the root to work, the device must reboot into recovery. Most devices will do this automatically after flashing these files, but in case that does not happen, boot into recovery manually.
Everytime I restart the device, I have to select "System Reboot":(

Mitiuha

Mar 9, 2015
Hi! Full name of my model SM-G530HZAVSER
the last three letters -Locality is the clear. I can not get a full Root
by this method. When overloaded, I always send to recovery menu.
I have seen such a problem here. I think - it is in the model.
What is the difference?:D

Jeewan Deep

Jun 2, 2013
kolkata
Rooting

Brothers................!!!!!! Do the rooting with odin and follow it steps.. it will surely root ur phone.... .nd the probs which u all r having wont arrive.!!!
the only question remains here is can other..... . that is other than "" SM-G530H "" can they root or not ri8... that the dev can only tell... but may works for u as well..
u won't know it unless u try... . .. but at ur own risk....!!! but have the rom with u..!!
Note: 2 things..... before rooting... have the Official stock rom with u of ur specified Grand prime.. check the model in ""about"" settings.... and dowmload it from Sammobile website.
Don't go on in rooting without having the official rom and odnin .:good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally i rooted my new Grand Prime successfully :)

I so desparately wanted to root my new Grand Prime so I tried rooting by myself as it wasn't available by chainfire.

I haven't done much here, I just modified few files of CF-Auto-Root which was made for different device by chainfire.

Couldn't attach the file here as the size is 44MB

Download it from here: h t t p : / / d - h . s t / AWH
    (remove spaces in the above link)

sad i'm not allowed to post links here yet :(

The zip archive contains:
    Odin v3.07
    2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5
    1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Rooting method is simple.

Boot device into download mode and flash the first file: 2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5

Wait for the device to reboot and again boot into download mode and flash the second file: 1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Now after the device has finished reboot you can see SuperSU installed. Open it and it will ask to disable knox notification... Press Cancel.

If SuperSU asks for su binary update, just press the Normal button.

Hope this helps someone :)

Edit:
    Sorry guys, something went wrong while renaming the flash files. I have updated the above link which now works... Thanks...
    Finally? :)

Lol, Thanks for great work. I am downloading and will test now.. :):D:good:
    Effective way to root device - fix for most reboot and bootloop issues

Hi folks, I had rooted my device using this method and I experienced bootloops.
    I feel the problem was that I was using a newer update of KitKat while this root method used an older recovery build.
    So before trying my method, please backup data.
    OPTION 1
    Step 1. Download this build http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/35763/G530HXXU1ANII_G530HODD1ANI5_INS/

Step 2. Factory reset device and flash the above build using ODIN (Google up how to use ODIN to flash builds)

Step 3. Root your SGP using the root method given in OP

You're done. This worked for me. I have an SM-G530H on
    Build Number- G530HXXU1ANII
    Baseband- G530HDDU1ANI3

OPTION 2
    1. Go to http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/
    2. Find the right version for your phone.
    3. Dowload CF Auto root for your device
    4. Find the right corresponding firmware version supported from SamMobile
    eg. Right now CF Auto Root is on Version NJ2 for SM-G530H so I flash NJ2 build from Sam Mobile (NJ2 is last 3 characters of build number)
    Then download NJ2 build from SamMobile and flash using ODIN
    5. Flash the right firmware build as per CF Auto root version
    6. Flash CF auto root as per instructions
    (BASIC INSTRUCTIONS
    All downloads contain .tar.md5 files flashable in ODIN as PDA.

Make sure your device is in ODIN download mode (usually you can get there by holding VolDown+Home+Power when the device is turned off), then start the included Odin3-v1.85.exe file, press the PDA button, select the .tar.md5 file, and click Start. You can find more detailed instructions and assistance at XDA.

A modified recovery and cache partition will be flashed, which will install (only) SuperSU, then clean-up the cache partition and re-flash the stock recovery.

For the root to work, the device must reboot into recovery. Most devices will do this automatically after flashing these files, but in case that does not happen, please boot into recovery manually.)
    7. Done
    NOTE: I haven't tried OPTION 2

Cheers. Looking forward to some great development for this device :good:
    Kingroot 4.0

Attention please Ehem ehem.
    Guys i know a method and its really working
    -It runs smooth
    -no recovery problem
    -does not trip knox
    I saw the video of droidmodder x its really working dude
    Try this
    download kingroot 4.0 --> kingroot(dot)net/root
    Just install the apk and press the blue button below then boom shakalaka(HighOnAndroid)
    Enjoying this root method before the lollipop update this late May
    (After rooting)
    If you want ...you can uninstall the kingroot & kingmaster(chinese app) and keep the kinguser for root permission

I loved thanks :)
    Pls watch my video youtube(dot)com/eEBFHV8Tt78

(working)
    Finally i rooted my new Grand Prime successfully :)

I so desparately wanted to root my new Grand Prime so I tried rooting by myself as it wasn't available by chainfire.

I haven't done much here, I just modified few files of CF-Auto-Root which was made for different device by chainfire.

Couldn't attach the file here as the size is 44MB

Download it from here: h t t p : / / d - h . s t / AWH
    (remove spaces in the above link)

sad i'm not allowed to post links here yet :(

The zip archive contains:
    Odin v3.07
    2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5
    1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Rooting method is simple.

Boot device into download mode and flash the first file: 2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5

Wait for the device to reboot and again boot into download mode and flash the second file: 1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Now after the device has finished reboot you can see SuperSU installed. Open it and it will ask to disable knox notification... Press Cancel.

If SuperSU asks for su binary update, just press the Normal button.

Hope this helps someone :)

Edit:
    Sorry guys, something went wrong while renaming the flash files. I have updated the above link which now works... Thanks...

Works fantastic on the New Unreleased Cricket Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530AZ! No issues installed titanium and uninstalled some system apps to test and its golden no issues so FAR!:good::fingers-crossed: