Successfully rooted Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H - By Mohan

Search This thread

rczrider

May 20, 2015
Markarth
Last edited:

Nitro1max1

Jan 15, 2014
Welp, I'm happy to be wrong. I guess Kingo quit doing suspicious things like collecting IMEIs?

Edit: oh, it's actually KingRoot, the shady Chinese one. I guess as long as you can get rid of their spyware, it's worth a shot. Wish it didn't cost $4, but that's a small price to pay not to have a backdoor installed on your phone [emoji12]

Exactly what I said, but I did root my grand prime with it. I paid the $4 and it does unistall everything from KingRoot officially otherwise I wouldn't touch this method. But it works so, just wish we had a recovery now

captaingowa

Dec 28, 2010
Ithaca, NY
Welp, I'm happy to be wrong. I guess Kingo quit doing suspicious things like collecting IMEIs?

Edit: oh, it's actually KingRoot, the shady Chinese one. I guess as long as you can get rid of their spyware, it's worth a shot. Wish it didn't cost $4, but that's a small price to pay not to have a backdoor installed on your phone [emoji12]

I am pretty sure KingRoot makes their money from shoving ads and additional 3rd party software on your phone.
Unfortunately many apps that require "Special Permissions" have access to your phones IMEI.
The $4 helps support a good developer through the Super Sume Pro APK.. Which removes KingRoot and substitutes Super SU.
What was really bad was prior to anyone having access to the factory kernel/Boot.img file many of us including myself after using KingRoot found ourselves with a useless phone because KingRoot flashed an incompatible Boot.img that was intended for another variant of the SM-G530 .
I know its less than ideal, however it wont be long with all the stock files available from the Kernel to the NV items.
If someone was to decipher the NV data everything from the boot loader to radios could be accessible.

syedmubarak

Jan 23, 2016
i have rooted my device samsung galaxy grand prime but after rooting its not booting!! mail me a solution
syedmubarakk@gmail.com

toxinburn

Jul 11, 2013
Ward
Moto G Stylus
i have rooted my device samsung galaxy grand prime but after rooting its not booting!! mail me a solution
syedmubarakk@gmail.com

hey i have same issue i get a message that says im running an unofficial version of software and i need to take it in to fix it :( anyone know where i can get stock kdz or something like that for cricket version? edit: using kies 3 you can recovery this device if you have cricket version install kies 3 then open it with device unplugged, you will need to get the serial number from your device which is located under the battery, write this info down as you will need it. in the kies program click tools, then click firmware upgrade and initialisation, a box comes up enter the device model which also under the battery exactly as it appears it will then ask for the serial number enter that and click okay. follow the on screen prompts which will tell you to boot into download mode, from there it will have you plug it in download the firmware and flash it back to stock, then you will be able to boot up again at least. If anyone knows of working root method for the cricket model id love to hear it, also if their is a custom recovery and/or rom would be great. Thanks to all the hard working devs and android enthusiasts here at xda for all the help you have dished out over the years.

Last edited:

R37X

Nov 6, 2013
Mumbai
Hey, guys!

I've used this method to root my grand prime (lollipop 5.0.2), but after the phone reboot from the first step I flashed 1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5 and now it won't boot up. :(
Im just getting a blank screen, I have no idea what to do at the moment, as I'm not into all these much.

A quick response would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

R37X

Nov 6, 2013
Mumbai
BUMP!
Im sorry, but any solution yet? Please.

Let me get this straight, I might no remember the steps properly but after what happened as described in my above post, I tried another method. Wherein I flashed stock recovery (I guess?) and flashed TWRP through ODIN.
So, at the moment, everything works fine, but whenever I switch off or restart it will automatically go to TWRP recovery.
If anybody could guide me to how to fix this, that'd be great!
I have root at the moment, it's just the restart bug is there of TWRP. Apart from this, I can notice significant amount of battery drain after I did this.

tasnim_tamim

Mar 10, 2016
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Hi,

So I tried to root my samsung galaxy grand prime sm-g530h G530HXCU1AOE2.

So far the root was sucessful but I have one problem with it.

After rooting the device the Recovery screen always appears when I try to Reboot or Shutdown. So I have to manually reboot the device to boot android. And even when I try to charge the device the phone no longer shows that Battery Charging Aninmation instead it boots to recovery.

Now thats some serious problem for me. I don't know about other but this is a huge problem.

If anyone knows solution to this please let me know as soon as possible.

Fiisyahron

Mar 27, 2016
hi... guys, how to fix the supersu message "there is no su binary installed and supersu can't install it... after i flash all of the file... my device still have no root acess when i check it with rootchecker... thanks please somebody reply my message...

leibrag

Apr 17, 2016
help

Finally i rooted my new Grand Prime successfully :)

I so desparately wanted to root my new Grand Prime so I tried rooting by myself as it wasn't available by chainfire.

I haven't done much here, I just modified few files of CF-Auto-Root which was made for different device by chainfire.

Couldn't attach the file here as the size is 44MB

Download it from here: h t t p : / / d - h . s t / AWH
(remove spaces in the above link)

sad i'm not allowed to post links here yet :(

The zip archive contains:
Odin v3.07
2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5
1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Rooting method is simple.

Boot device into download mode and flash the first file: 2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5

Wait for the device to reboot and again boot into download mode and flash the second file: 1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Now after the device has finished reboot you can see SuperSU installed. Open it and it will ask to disable knox notification... Press Cancel.

If SuperSU asks for su binary update, just press the Normal button.

Hope this helps someone :)

Edit:
Sorry guys, something went wrong while renaming the flash files. I have updated the above link which now works... Thanks...
i keep getting message custom binary(recovery) blocked by fap lock failed what am i doing wrong

Yuvaraj Icon

May 17, 2016
Chennai
Ram expander trouble

Hi,
I've root my galaxy grand prime SM -G530H.I've installed roehsoft ram expander.I've tested the compatibility with swapfile app.I showed that it is compatible. But when I try to expand RAM it shows"check write rights and try again".My device is running on lollipop5.0.2.Any help is appreciated!?

bbb0111

Jul 2, 2016
help

good day, 2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.tar.md i already flashed this first step and it works. However, when i turn it off to boot in recovery mode to continue step 2, it opens up, and show the samsung grand prime (model) and after that, it doesn't display anything , what should i do now? i can't even used it now because it has just a black screen ,

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

hey i tried this method ...
i flashed the first file without any issue but on flashing second file, Odin displayed PASS message but my phone did not restart.. it somehow got stuck after Samsung logo

same here! i can't even open it or used it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I so desparately wanted to root my new Grand Prime so I tried rooting by myself as it wasn't available by chainfire.

I haven't done much here, I just modified few files of CF-Auto-Root which was made for different device by chainfire.

Odin v3.07

Boot device into download mode and flash the first file: 2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5

Wait for the device to reboot and again boot into download mode and flash the second file: 1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Now after the device has finished reboot you can see SuperSU installed. Open it and it will ask to disable knox notification... Press Cancel.

Edit:
    Sorry guys, something went wrong while renaming the flash files. I have updated the above link which now works... Thanks...
    Finally? :)

Lol, Thanks for great work. I am downloading and will test now.. :):D:good:
    Effective way to root device - fix for most reboot and bootloop issues

Hi folks, I had rooted my device using this method and I experienced bootloops.
    I feel the problem was that I was using a newer update of KitKat while this root method used an older recovery build.
    So before trying my method, please backup data.
    OPTION 1
    Step 1. Download this build http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/35763/G530HXXU1ANII_G530HODD1ANI5_INS/

Step 2. Factory reset device and flash the above build using ODIN (Google up how to use ODIN to flash builds)

Step 3. Root your SGP using the root method given in OP

You're done. This worked for me. I have an SM-G530H on
    Build Number- G530HXXU1ANII
    Baseband- G530HDDU1ANI3

OPTION 2
    1. Go to http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/
    2. Find the right version for your phone.
    3. Dowload CF Auto root for your device
    4. Find the right corresponding firmware version supported from SamMobile
    eg. Right now CF Auto Root is on Version NJ2 for SM-G530H so I flash NJ2 build from Sam Mobile (NJ2 is last 3 characters of build number)
    Then download NJ2 build from SamMobile and flash using ODIN
    5. Flash the right firmware build as per CF Auto root version
    6. Flash CF auto root as per instructions
    (BASIC INSTRUCTIONS
    All downloads contain .tar.md5 files flashable in ODIN as PDA.

Make sure your device is in ODIN download mode (usually you can get there by holding VolDown+Home+Power when the device is turned off), then start the included Odin3-v1.85.exe file, press the PDA button, select the .tar.md5 file, and click Start. You can find more detailed instructions and assistance at XDA.

A modified recovery and cache partition will be flashed, which will install (only) SuperSU, then clean-up the cache partition and re-flash the stock recovery.

For the root to work, the device must reboot into recovery. Most devices will do this automatically after flashing these files, but in case that does not happen, please boot into recovery manually.)
    7. Done
    NOTE: I haven't tried OPTION 2

Cheers. Looking forward to some great development for this device :good:
    Kingroot 4.0

Attention please Ehem ehem.
    Guys i know a method and its really working
    -It runs smooth
    -no recovery problem
    -does not trip knox
    I saw the video of droidmodder x its really working dude
    Try this
    download kingroot 4.0 --> kingroot(dot)net/root
    Just install the apk and press the blue button below then boom shakalaka(HighOnAndroid)
    Enjoying this root method before the lollipop update this late May
    (After rooting)
    If you want ...you can uninstall the kingroot & kingmaster(chinese app) and keep the kinguser for root permission

I loved thanks :)
    Pls watch my video youtube(dot)com/eEBFHV8Tt78

(working)

Odin v3.07

Edit:

Works fantastic on the New Unreleased Cricket Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530AZ! No issues installed titanium and uninstalled some system apps to test and its golden no issues so FAR!:good::fingers-crossed: