Question Successfully rooted Metro Pcs variant w/ Magisk and stock rom

Search This thread

xXmazingmeloXx

Mar 15, 2021
Moto G Play
Ive been rooting and tinkering with various different android phones for years now . Motorola has always been my favourite when it comes to rooting . Now my question is now what? I would love to finally pitch in on development starting with this device seeing as there is very little on this one as far as custom roms and what not. This device reminds me of the G7 Power with the A/B format. I was looking in on possibly bringing Ubuntu Touch to this device and as far as i can tell I just would need to make a halium kernal for it . Can someone maybe help me or tell me how incan possibly help on makimg that happen? Please bare with me . This is my very first time posting on this website . Im very savy when it comes to the android, ios and computers in general , Im running the stock rom and have done very little besides install some root apps. I would love to help out with any kind of development so please someone let me know . Ill be regularly checking my notifications and messages . Cheers!

Reactions: gtr13920

majormolineoux

Mar 16, 2021
I'm not a programmer, but I'd love to have LineageOS on my device. I haven't had the opportunity to play with Ubuntu Touch, but I assume that the F-droid store alone surpasses the app development for the Ubuntu Touch. Have fun!

Reactions: mario0318

xXmazingmeloXx

Mar 15, 2021
Moto G Play
Im suprised more people arent all over this device like when the G7 came out ....this device is awesome and the battery life alone is enough reason to want to buy it ...Guanma FTW!!😆

Reactions: tbirdguy

xXmazingmeloXx

Mar 15, 2021
Moto G Play
I'm not a programmer, but I'd love to have LineageOS on my device. I haven't had the opportunity to play with Ubuntu Touch, but I assume that the F-droid store alone surpasses the app development for the Ubuntu Touch. Have fun!
What i found appealing about Ubuntu Touch is i recently read that you can now run android apps on it 😀 and i totally agree Lineage would be awesome and an obvious first step to take with this device now that we know it can be rooted...also TWRP development is a must

Reactions: majormolineoux

majormolineoux

Mar 16, 2021
So far I'm really happy with it. The only thing is with how big it is, people with smaller/weaker hands are going to have a tough time. Good to know about Ubuntu Touch supporting android apps!

j_wiley68

Jan 20, 2017
San Antonio
I too just got a G Play (2021), after spending the past 8 yrs. with my beloved HTC Ones (m7,m9). Ironically, it was Motorola that I left for HTC. I've been somewhat impressed with this phone's performance in stock bloat (I mean stock TRIM). I came in here today not expecting to see much, if anything, on this phone; but I've found enough info to get me started.
TY XDA, for all your hard work.

Ive been rooting and tinkering with various different android phones for years now . Motorola has always been my favourite when it comes to rooting . Now my question is now what? I would love to finally pitch in on development starting with this device seeing as there is very little on this one as far as custom roms and what not. This device reminds me of the G7 Power with the A/B format. I was looking in on possibly bringing Ubuntu Touch to this device and as far as i can tell I just would need to make a halium kernal for it . Can someone maybe help me or tell me how incan possibly help on makimg that happen? Please bare with me . This is my very first time posting on this website . Im very savy when it comes to the android, ios and computers in general , Im running the stock rom and have done very little besides install some root apps. I would love to help out with any kind of development so please someone let me know . Ill be regularly checking my notifications and messages . Cheers!
How did you install magisk did you find a unofficial twrp or something?

Reactions: Joseno

Joseno

May 2, 2021
Redmi 9 Power
Moto G Play
I believe the OP use followed this guide.

Reactions: sd_shadow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im suprised more people arent all over this device like when the G7 came out ....this device is awesome and the battery life alone is enough reason to want to buy it ...Guanma FTW!!😆
    What i found appealing about Ubuntu Touch is i recently read that you can now run android apps on it 😀 and i totally agree Lineage would be awesome and an obvious first step to take with this device now that we know it can be rooted...also TWRP development is a must