• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Suggested Development d2vzw

Search This thread

razz1

Nov 3, 2011
chicago
Ok, I understand this is not a release nor am I developer myself so if the powers to be choose to move this thread to general I understand. However, due to it's content, I think keeping this thread as close to the development enviroment as possible, is a great idea.
This is NOT the place to complain about development or a developer!
This IS the place to bring forth development ideas to the gifted and talented devs that make the GS3 so exciting.
This thread is simply a collection of data for developers to feed off of when looking for something new to bring to the GS3.
So lets get on with it!!
PLEASE READ!!!

1.Rom Options....Put your ideas here! Please do not pinpoint a specific rom you want something for. This is a general colection of ideas and not rom specific! Let the devs sort out these ideas and decide what they want in there roms. If you want something for a specific Rom then go to that thread!

2. Want something ported to the GS3? Share your idea and be as detailed as possible. Provide a link to the original development. What is the port, and what's it do if not obvious.

3. If you see something posted here that you find of interest, hit the thanks button to show the developers the demand for the idea!

3. EXPECTATIONS...
Don't expect anything! Expecting a dev to put forth your idea in a timely matter or even at all is not a good frame of mind to be in when posting in this thread. We all have our own ideas as of what is important and only have so much time in our lives to put into a device. Be patient and if it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen!

4. Do not call out to a specific developer to do your dirty work!! Example.. Do NOT say "So&so dev please do this for us!" Simply present your ideas in a general form.

Nuff said. Let the devs of the community know what would be great to see on your GS3!!

48 65 6c 70 20 6d 65 21

razz1

Nov 3, 2011
chicago
Please Port..
Hashcodes safestrap recovery V3.0
This recovery is based off TWRP and allows multiple rom slots to boot from. Reboot, pick one of you favorite roms and boot into it within seconds.
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/...ap Recovery V3.0 [10/17/2012 V3.05 - Ums Fix]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: neh4pres

dmeadows013

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2010
Hoboken, NJ
epicandroidroms.blogspot.com
Please Port..
This recovery is based off TWRP and allows multiple rom slots to boot from. Reboot, pick one of you favorite roms and boot into it within seconds.
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/...ap Recovery V3.0 [10/17/2012 V3.05 - Ums Fix]

Boot manager in Google Play. Installs a rom to your sd and let's you boot anytime. Talk to Conap about getting the S3 supported

Via my Google Galaxy S3 running sweet sweet Jelly Bean

razz1

Nov 3, 2011
chicago
Boot manager in Google Play. Installs a rom to your sd and let's you boot anytime. Talk to Conap about getting the S3 supported

Thanks. Will do.
Edit: just checked the app out and description already states they are working on the s3. Thats going to be very nice to have.

48 65 6c 70 20 6d 65 21

Last edited:
Reactions: jdiamond7

xM Minton Mx

Mar 11, 2012
Sikeston
Option to get quick reply in the notifications for TW msg like the aosp version does.

Hold home while phone is locked for torch.

Can't think of any more right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Reactions: neh4pres

shangrila500

Jan 24, 2010
I'd like a full VRALE6 bootchain.

It might let us flash modified radios.

That would be superb, if we could flash modified radios that could solve a lot of the problems people are having with service.

I don't really know much about modified radios but how hard would it be to get the bootchain? Would it have to be leaked or is it something our devs could cook up? Also are there many phones that can have modified radios flashed, and what else would modified radios help? Sorry for all the questions, this just seems extremely useful and I would love to know more about it.

Sent from one of the many Anthropomorphic Personalities on the Disc

demarcmj

May 23, 2011
Syracuse, NY
I'd LOOOOVE it if somebody could make a mod to link the headphones and speaker volume levels.

When I set the volume, I want it to stay at that level till I set it again. I don't want it jumping around whenever I plug or unplug headphones (or car aux)

shangrila500

Jan 24, 2010
I would love sgs3 to get official miui support.

Via my Google Galaxy S3 running magic beans

I thought we already did. Beans is a member of the MIUI.us team. His build, Alpha 5, was on their site for our phones.... I don't know if the newer build, Beta 1, was ever put up on MIUI.us but I know Alpha 5 definitely was on their site. The only thing I don't completely understand is why the Beta 1 build was posted in the development section instead of Beans updating the thread in Original Development, the only reason I can come up with is because its a collaborative project between him, bleelas, PaulieVicious(I think that's his handle), and StrumerJohn so therefore it isn't officially MIUI.us anymore. I am with you though on wanting better MIUI support, I was so excited when I saw they all got together and started working on it. I really thought by now we would be on Beta 4 or 5 and have a DD by now, I guess the smali and ril hacks are just proving to be more stubborn than usual. I am very grateful that they got Beta 1 out and that they bent over backwards to get it working when they aren't getting paid for it, I just wish they would stop by the thread and give us some kind of updates and maybe saying that there is such and such problem and its taking a long time to fix. I left when Beta 1 was 2 weeks old and went to PA because notta was posting updates all the time, its been a while now and I'm beginning to wonder if my bad luck from breaking the mirror is killing off development on the ROMs I try to make my DD (before someone takes that out of context, it was a joke!).

I really miss MIUI and wish there was some updates going on tho!!!

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

I'd LOOOOVE it if somebody could make a mod to link the headphones and speaker volume levels.

When I set the volume, I want it to stay at that level till I set it again. I don't want it jumping around whenever I plug or unplug headphones (or car aux)

Are you running TW or AOSP? I don't have that issue, my volume stays at a constant level no matter is if I plug headphones in or use my trucks aux. Also you could check under sound and see if you have the safe headset volume checked.

razz1

Nov 3, 2011
chicago
Kernel options and settings.
Gamma
Contrast
Brightness
16x anti aliasing
The ability to further darken the display without the need of an external app.

48 65 6c 70 20 6d 65 21

demarcmj

May 23, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Are you running TW or AOSP? I don't have that issue, my volume stays at a constant level no matter is if I plug headphones in or use my trucks aux. Also you could check under sound and see if you have the safe headset volume checked.

Either... I think JB might be the first time that it's actually been included in Android, but it's been a part of CM and many carrier ROMs since like gingerbread. It's default behavior that is not configurable... and it's a pain in my ass.

But as I'm thinking about it a little more, I'm going to amend my request...

EITHER:
- Merge the separate streams so that I have 1 and only 1 media volume (or at least enable this through a setting)
OR
- If they have to be separate, then actually give me the ability to set these volumes independently. Right now there are at least 2 (but probably 3 if A2DP has it's own) separate "media volume" streams but only 1 media volume setting.

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
That would be superb, if we could flash modified radios that could solve a lot of the problems people are having with service.

I don't really know much about modified radios but how hard would it be to get the bootchain? Would it have to be leaked or is it something our devs could cook up? Also are there many phones that can have modified radios flashed, and what else would modified radios help? Sorry for all the questions, this just seems extremely useful and I would love to know more about it.

It would have to leak from Samsung. Verizon does not have it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @op read the rules of development. This has nothing to do with releasing a ROM, kernel or mod. If you want to talk bout that stuff, that's what general is for and where this thread is going to be.
    Don't kid yourself. This belongs in General. Unless you are releasing something yourself, it shouldn't be posted in here.
    Please Port..

Thanks. Will do.
    Edit: just checked the app out and description already states they are working on the s3. Thats going to be very nice to have.

48 65 6c 70 20 6d 65 21
    Option to get quick reply in the notifications for TW msg like the aosp version does.

Hold home while phone is locked for torch.

Can't think of any more right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium