[Suggestion] Can we combine the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T forums?

Search This thread

Phat7

Oct 24, 2007
My suggestion is to combine the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T forums. Unless the differences between these two devices are extreme (which we have seen are not), I believe it would be beneficial to the whole community to have one forum, under which they can communicate and contribute. This will also help with future support and development of both devices. Most of the subforums will be the same anyway, e.g. Guides, News, & Discussion; Themes, Apps, and Mods; Accessories. So it doesn't make sense to create two separate forums.

What does the community think?

Reactions: Samsagax and ShaqB

Lolteee

Feb 12, 2016
Sion
i dont know if its really a good idea. if it can use the same rom why not but otherwise maybe there is some people going to try 3t rom and brick there phone and would cry on dev.

Phat7

Oct 24, 2007
i dont know if its really a good idea. if it can use the same rom why not but otherwise maybe there is some people going to try 3t rom and brick there phone and would cry on dev.

That's a valid point, but I believe having separate subforums for OP3 and OP3T ROMs would solve that issue. There is no need to create two separate forums and divide/fragment the community further. Having one big forum would be more useful in finding answers to questions and have good discussions.

2x4

Oct 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Agree with this suggestion - the ROM should be the same for both but kernel may vary, which can easily be broken out into individual sub forums

Masteryates

Apr 30, 2013
London
In an ideal world, I think your suggestion is good and valid. :cool:

Maybe a developer can comment on how similar these devices truly are? If the conversion of a rom from one to the other is easy, I'd say combine the forums. If not, better keeping things separate.

ReNeH99

Feb 19, 2013
Frankfurt am Main
Yes im for this. Just 2 subforums for the 3t and normal 3 development and one unified 3/3t development subforum.

I think rom developers can bring out one rom for both devices and you can choose what device you have in aroma, like it is on s6 and s6 edge. One rom for both devices and you have to choose what device you have in aroma when you flash the rom

Samsagax

Aug 6, 2015
Buenos Aires
I agree on using the same Q&A, Guides, dev forums for both and separate only on ROMs. Such scheme is used in the Samsung i9300/i9305 forum so why not recreate that.

Sent from my OnePlus 3 using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My suggestion is to combine the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T forums. Unless the differences between these two devices are extreme (which we have seen are not), I believe it would be beneficial to the whole community to have one forum, under which they can communicate and contribute. This will also help with future support and development of both devices. Most of the subforums will be the same anyway, e.g. Guides, News, & Discussion; Themes, Apps, and Mods; Accessories. So it doesn't make sense to create two separate forums.

What does the community think?

That's a valid point, but I believe having separate subforums for OP3 and OP3T ROMs would solve that issue. There is no need to create two separate forums and divide/fragment the community further. Having one big forum would be more useful in finding answers to questions and have good discussions.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone