Summary of Desire HD ship/realease dates

Search This thread

vrgngns

Aug 25, 2010
Any1 who ordered from handtec on november received any news yet?

mine was on 25th nov. i've asked them, their answer:

Thank you for your email,

In regards to your shipment it will be processed shortly for you and then the appropriate tracking details should be sent to you automatically within 24-48 hours, if you do not receive this tracking then please feel free to contact us again so we can provide it for you,

Kind regards,

andreasy

Apr 2, 2005
I placed preordered and paid at 30th Oct, Handtec security checked and confirmed at 4th Nov. Still waiting dispatch email from Handtec . . .

Mine was on 30th October (morning) as well and it is now in transit. Do you have FedEx in your country? If not, maybe your phone is also in transit by alternative courrier and you don't know it. As far as I've seen here, Handtec will not send notification. Only FedEx on their behalf.

FrikyBCN

Nov 2, 2010
not available in your country or on the network you want i always buy unlocked because its just easier i get the phone i want then when i renew my contract i get a new phone which i ebay so im not really losing out much if at all

Yeah that makes sense. Fortunately in my case, the Desire HD is available on my network, so it makes sense for me to get it on contract.

Not so sure about selling phones on eBay though, I don't know if I'd ever buy a phone on eBay. Although clearly you've had no problems selling yours?

Riceburner

Mar 17, 2005
FINALLY mine is on the way!!

Thought I'd check out an Orange shop - they had the DHD in stock and I had a quick fondle. ;)
Then rang retentions again and discovered that they were sending them out already, on order from the 9th Nov - 13th Nov - I was put on the pre-order list on the 3rd Nov!! :wtf:

Turned out the operator I spoke to on the 3rd Nov didn't put me on the list properly so I was bypassed!! If I hadn't rang I would have missed out completely!

Luckily I spoke to an operator who was on the ball today!

Somehow I seemed to have inherited a 10% discount on the contract as well along the way so am getting the DHD free, 600mins, 500Mb, unlim txts: on a £20.25 a month contract. :D

Also was told that Orange will NOT charge you more than 60p a day for internet usage, (during that 24hour period) over your contracted usage. Anyone else know about this? Rather useful and means a monthly 1Gb for £10 bundle might not be needed for the occasional over-usage! :)

Hope the courier can get through the weather and deliver on Tuesday as promised!

RheesSnow

Oct 28, 2010
I rang MF and ordered one - they have stocking coming tomorrow and I will definitely be one of the people to get it shipped tomorrow. If anyone hasn't had it despatched - I'd give them a ring and order it ASAP

Last edited:

L19

Nov 28, 2008
Update from HandTec:

STOCK UPDATE: We should be able to ship ALL backorders by Tuesday 7th December and be in an "In Stock" position. We recommend placing preorders now we should be able to ship within 48hrs.

I'm hoping to get mine soon !

Redbilly007

Nov 12, 2010
Manchester
FINALLY mine is on the way!!

Thought I'd check out an Orange shop - they had the DHD in stock and I had a quick fondle. ;)
Then rang retentions again and discovered that they were sending them out already, on order from the 9th Nov - 13th Nov - I was put on the pre-order list on the 3rd Nov!! :wtf:

Turned out the operator I spoke to on the 3rd Nov didn't put me on the list properly so I was bypassed!! If I hadn't rang I would have missed out completely!

Luckily I spoke to an operator who was on the ball today!

Somehow I seemed to have inherited a 10% discount on the contract as well along the way so am getting the DHD free, 600mins, 500Mb, unlim txts: on a £20.25 a month contract. :D

Also was told that Orange will NOT charge you more than 60p a day for internet usage, (during that 24hour period) over your contracted usage. Anyone else know about this? Rather useful and means a monthly 1Gb for £10 bundle might not be needed for the occasional over-usage! :)

Hope the courier can get through the weather and deliver on Tuesday as promised!

Thanks for the update, was twiddlin my thumbs awaiting the elusive text.
Just rang orange, and they said the text should of been issued last week!
Its in the post and I should get my mitts on it tomorrow, it better be worth the wait

eozen81

Oct 4, 2010
Istanbul
Guys who still could not get device, do not worry maybe you are one of the lucky ones because Nexus S is launched today and read here England launch date will 20 of Dec. :)

LouCB

Oct 29, 2010
Devon
Thanks for the update, was twiddlin my thumbs awaiting the elusive text.
Just rang orange, and they said the text should of been issued last week!
Its in the post and I should get my mitts on it tomorrow, it better be worth the wait

lol!! i rang orange 4 times, each about a week apart as got told i was put on the back order list and should receive a text *this day*, but didn't so rang again and got put on list again and again. i dont think the list exists really, it is just something they tell you. it p***ed me off eventually so rang to say i wont be re newing my contract with them and they coincidentally said i should have been sent a text today as one in stock... oh really?! surprising what a bit of attitude can get you lol

received mine about 2 weeks ago :)

FrikyBCN

Nov 2, 2010
Guys who still could not get device, do not worry maybe you are one of the lucky ones because Nexus S is launched today and read here England launch date will 20 of Dec. :)

Heheh, I still haven't got the Desire HD. Actually had my hands on one in the Vodafone store in Barcelona, but the guy couldn't sell it to me. So maybe I'll just sit and wait until Dec 20th and see what people think of this Nexus S. It's not dual-core though, so I don't think I'll be getting it, but still it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

HTC really shot themselves in the foot with the Desire HD delays - I wonder how many other people who would have bought it 2 months ago are now, like me, thinking of waiting to see the Nexus S.

xspyda

Mar 8, 2006
I don't see the Nexus S being worth holding out for as all it seems to bring over the Galaxy S (on which it is based) is NFC and as that's not widely in use outside Japan I don't see the attraction.

Personally, I would be more likely to buy the Galaxy S at around £200 cheaper than wait until the 20th for this and pay £549 - that's an absurd amount!

On the up side, most retailers now seem to be seeing stocks of the DHD arriving ...

FrikyBCN

Nov 2, 2010
I don't see the Nexus S being worth holding out for as all it seems to bring over the Galaxy S (on which it is based) is NFC and as that's not widely in use outside Japan I don't see the attraction.

Personally, I would be more likely to buy the Galaxy S at around £200 cheaper than wait until the 20th for this and pay £549 - that's an absurd amount!

On the up side, most retailers now seem to be seeing stocks of the DHD arriving ...

I have to agree with you - it's disappointing. Only 512MB RAM too.... what are Google thinking?

sromer

Dec 27, 2008
Sydney
Anyone heard anything from clove ?

They were meant to get stock to fill all their previous orders on the 6th, but i haven't heard anything from them

olivierlee

Jun 21, 2010
Sydney
Anyone heard anything from clove ?

They were meant to get stock to fill all their previous orders on the 6th, but i haven't heard anything from them

According to their blog they have a huge back order and might take a couple of days to process and dispatch all orders.

From their blog "Due to the extremely high volume of orders awaiting dispatch we are unable to confirm individual dispatch dates, but we aim to ship all backorders within 1 to 2 days of stock arrival."

My guess is to wait a bit, and email them if you don't hear anything in the next couple of days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone have any ideas when it will be getting to Australia with Vodafone/3?

I know it's a long shot, but worth a try! Plan on my TouchPro runs out this month, and to stop myself from breaking it in half because the digitizer is stuffed and only works when it wants, I'm back to using my old LG!!!!!

Too impatient!

I hassled 3 today, and unfortunately all they have is an internal mail announcing it. No release date or anything but apparently gossip suggests middle of November. One week before my contract is up :D
    Hey guys,

Just to make sure about something I am looking at Carephone Warehouse "Pay And Go" page and what do those carriers' names mean here? From the discussions and sellers' comments I think the phone is unlocked and unbranded. If so what the hell these represent :)

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that you can get the phone with a pay as you go SIM card and "plan". You may want to look at the Handset Only tab.