• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Sunshine 3.0 is up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London

Drunkula

Jan 22, 2012
Denton, TX
Can you even RUU back to 4.4.3 if you're still s-on, not rooted, and are on lollipop? Unfortunately my Verizon One m8 upgraded before I was able to get rooted.

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
How's that? I'm already on lollipop and on a Verizon M8. Sunshine is not able to [yet].

S-off and root are 2 completely different things mate !

Need root : unlock the bootloader via the HTC dev site and flash a custom recovery, then flash the superuser (root) zip to root it.

Read up on the terms as you seem a bit misinformed !

:)

Drunkula

Jan 22, 2012
Denton, TX
Because Verizon Wireless are Nazis (figuratively). Everybody else in the world with an M8 can unlock using HTCdev, except Verizon customers. It was available for about a day last year. Now trying to do so gives an extremely cryptic error. But we all know Verizon is the reason. Very typical of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: JellyKitkatLoli

jshamlet

Aug 25, 2014

Rather than be snarky (I hate Verizon too), it's because Verizon requested that HTC block their phones from being unlocked on HTCDev - thus there is no supported method for unlocking Verizon handsets through HTC.

Without a temp-root solution, Verizon phones are locked down pretty tight, which is how they like it. Their CEO is on-record as saying they are trying to eliminate rooted phones and non-Verizon approved software from their network.

Reactions: Mr Hofs

sjpritch25

Jan 30, 2011
St. Petersburg
Everyone needs to understand that Verizon makes it difficult to root & s-off our devices. Yet jcase, beaups, & others still make it possible. They already have a M9 s-off. Granted its not one of ours. However it's just a matter of time before sunshine will work for Verizon m8 on lollipop. I can pretty much guarantee it won't be a free root

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Additionally things seem to be going the paid route & I figured that would happen someday.. I have no problem paying to have full access to my device

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
sunshine 3 works on custom rom viper 4.3.0... ...i love the way the app disappears immediately after :cyclops:

whats the next thing you guys do after wards ? supercid ? i installed HK sound mod from the hub......and then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, folks

Justin Case has made Sunshine 3.0 available. I just S-OFFed my device. It works on 5.0.1 Lollipop.
    [Noob question] Will this unlock my phone to all network carriers too?

No, s-off does not in itself disable subsidy lock.

There is however a separate mod for SIM unlock that requires s-off. But if your phone has been officially updated to Lollipop it seems this exploit has been patched by HTC and no longer works. If your phone is still on older firmware, the mod may still work:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2708572
    Will this work on an att model? I want to covet to a unlocked developer build.
    Because Verizon Wireless are Nazis (figuratively). Everybody else in the world with an M8 can unlock using HTCdev, except Verizon customers. It was available for about a day last year. Now trying to do so gives an extremely cryptic error. But we all know Verizon is the reason. Very typical of them.

Rather than be snarky (I hate Verizon too), it's because Verizon requested that HTC block their phones from being unlocked on HTCDev - thus there is no supported method for unlocking Verizon handsets through HTC.

Without a temp-root solution, Verizon phones are locked down pretty tight, which is how they like it. Their CEO is on-record as saying they are trying to eliminate rooted phones and non-Verizon approved software from their network.