• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Super AMOLED Display issues

Search This thread

Enyo.

Jul 23, 2011
Some people (including me) have noticed a Very small green line on the left side of the screen. Or a yellowish or blueish tint applied to the screen. It gets frustrating and very annoying. As far as I can tell, the only way to half fix it is voodoo color. But that doesn't remove it all together. I've noticed that it only happens when the brightness is lower then half.

Another way to maybe fix the green line
Run a pixel fixer test. Leave it running the hole night.

Why are these issues here?
Super AMOLED just has this issue. Including Super AMOLED PLUS and QHD.

Why don't I have these?
Why would you want them in the first place. Its on some of the first batch phones all I know.

I'm looking for a fix to not notice the blueish and yellowish tint. But theirs no fix. Just a way not to notice it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Mylt1

May 12, 2008
i hadnt heard about the Super AMOLED Plus screen having the issue. guess i better look in to it since i have a Charge coming tuesday.

Zacisblack

Dec 15, 2010
Austin, TX
It's not really an issue, it's just how the pentile AMOLED display is set up. It's Green-Blue-Red so what you are seeing are the green sub-pixels on the left side of the screen.

skewed

Sep 13, 2010
I just noticed it. Thanks XD ill run a pixel test tonight and see if that helps. Typing now though, there's no line where my keyboard is (using stock GB keyboard) or stays bar.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium