[Super Guide] Alcatel ideal (4060A)

Search This thread

B00daW

Jan 31, 2018
Two Questions:

First off, thanks to everyone here making this phone relevant for a cheap Android unit.

1.) I've never had AT&T and have used other GSM providers for this phone. How do I get security patches? My phone is currently rooted and backed up with TWRP 2. Is there a system partition TWRP flash for users who do not use AT&T?

2.) The version of TWRP 2 posted here has an issue that you cannot slide when TWRP is locked; nor can you disable screen locking. Is there a version of TWRP 3 available that has been compiled?

Thanks again for all the work the community does for us.

justin2987

Aug 17, 2017
First off, thanks to everyone here making this phone relevant for a cheap Android unit.

1.) I've never had AT&T and have used other GSM providers for this phone. How do I get security patches? My phone is currently rooted and backed up with TWRP 2. Is there a system partition TWRP flash for users who do not use AT&T?

2.) The version of TWRP 2 posted here has an issue that you cannot slide when TWRP is locked; nor can you disable screen locking. Is there a version of TWRP 3 available that has been compiled?

Thanks again for all the work the community does for us.

Yes when the screen locks on twrp you have to start from very left of bottom of screen to right to get it to unlock but it will unlock I thought it was messed up too until I figured that out

kingrat

Sep 3, 2010
I get this error

1|shell@Pop445:/ $ run-as -s1
WARNING: linker: run-as: unused DT entry: type 0x6ffffffe arg 0x560
WARNING: linker: run-as: unused DT entry: type 0x6fffffff arg 0x1
shell@Pop445:/ $

RosyQ

Mar 16, 2018
San Diego
How enable fastboot on alcatel 4060A

Make sure you backup!
here are the 2 file imported from M5KUAK2 version ROM; Use following file to enable fastboot
Code:
dd if=/external_sd/dd.M5KUAK2/mmcblk0p22.aboot of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22
dd if=/external_sd/dd.M5KUAK2/mmcblk0p23.abootbak of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p23

to view fastboot device
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1bb devices

md5sum:
33982e14b76648fbe601c38ce1abc664 mmcblk0p22.aboot
33982e14b76648fbe601c38ce1abc664 mmcblk0p23.abootbak

does this work for the Alcatel Raven LTE a574bl as well?

Reactions: multihead12345

Chupi383

Mar 7, 2017
Boston, MA
@RosyQ Don't do it unless you're ready to sacrifice your phone for science. It is most likely incompatible and if so it will brick your phone, and the only way to unbrick will be by wiring its flash chip to a programming device.

It's POSSIBLE that your phone uses the same aboot bootloaders as the 4060A and it'll work perfectly, but it's also very likely that it is not and will never boot again.

Reactions: RosyQ

RosyQ

Mar 16, 2018
San Diego
@RosyQ Don't do it unless you're ready to sacrifice your phone for science. It is most likely incompatible and if so it will brick your phone, and the only way to unbrick will be by wiring its flash chip to a programming device.

It's POSSIBLE that your phone uses the same aboot bootloaders as the 4060A and it'll work perfectly, but it's also very likely that it is not and will never boot again.

@Chupi383 Thanks for responding! i tried it, it didn't work. it says permission denied :( The good thing is it didn't brick my phone :) I just can't get this phone to boot into bootloader/fastboot at all. I have done everything, I've installed all drivers, etc tried many different commands and nothing it just doesn't. I wish there was a way to root this phone besides those one click root methods....

drilldrive

Jun 27, 2018
Hello, I am looking to root my Alcatel 4060A with Build Number M7YUAY0. I have tried to use the CURE_4 folder under START_HERE.bat and have gotten this error:
pUDBIKZ.png

I am not sure how to proceed from here, so if anybody could help I would be greatly appreciative.

lugnut2099

Aug 8, 2016
Hey, so I have a random unimportant question I've not found an explanation for so far but may be known by someone here...

I've had a bunch of these 4060As and even the variants (4060W/4060O/A571VL), but until last night, all I'd ever known the "A" version as was "Ideal" (or Pixy 4.5 or whatever but yeah). So what the hell is going on with the 4060A I just got that says it's an "Alcatel Acquire +" ? I don't see a single difference, though it's been a while since I've messed with one. Still has the AT&T branding just like all the Ideals, but I can't find any reference to an Acquire on AT&T's site, just "Ideal."

So uh...yeah, wtf's up with the Acquire+?

mihirspopat

Sep 12, 2017
Thanks a ton buddy, Today I installed by using TWRP restore option, everything went fine but volte is not working, I am not able to make volte call. In settings also HD voice option is enabled, but still not working with Jio (Indian 4G Volte only operator)

Hi,

Thanks for the updated firmaware. I was able to install this firmware but still it is not showing the VOLTE support.

Can you please help me in getting the latest firmware with VOLTE

deadman96385

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Here is the firmware for 4060A (M7YUAV01), it extracts into a seemly random set of .mbn's/zips. But I have figured out a few of them and should be enough to recover a device if required:

B1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn is the boot.img
C1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn is the firehose for the device (prog_emmc_firehose_8909_ddr.mbn)
e1m7uay0cl10.mbn is the splash.img
F1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn no clue :(
G1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn is the gpt_backup0.bin
H1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn no clue :(
I1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn no clue :(
J1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn looks to be the modem.img but not 100% (Contains some wifi firmware and other firmware)
K1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn is the sec.dat
L1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn is the emmc_appsboot.mbn
N1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn is the NON-HLOS.bin
O1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn is the gpt_main0.bin
P1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn is the rawprogram0.xml used by the firehose
R1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn is the recovery.img
s1m7uay0cl10.mbn something with telephony
T1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn is the tz.mbn
u1m7uay0cl10.mbn no clue :(
W1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn is the rpm.img
X1M0UA00CL10.mbn could be TCLPersist.img but not 100%
y1m7uay0cl10.mbn.zip is the system.img
Z1M7Y0Y0CL00.mbn is the patch0.xml

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603912141

josvel32

Jul 20, 2017
I can't be root

My 4060a is in bootloop "ALCATEL logo", I wasn't "rooted" and now I can't find how to recover it.
I performed the procedure with START_HERE.BAT and there were errors I presume that because I am not "root".

Please, helpme

This is part of the log:

List of devices attached
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
35d1412f device
-rw-rw-rw- shell shell 1815252 2016-12-22 19:01 busybox
-rwxr-xr-x shell shell 8267 2017-06-13 19:29 exploit.sh
-rw-rw-rw- shell shell 0 1969-12-31 16:18 init.dump
-rw-rw-rw- shell shell 0 1969-12-31 16:18 init.patch
-rw-r--r-- shell shell 445 1970-01-01 16:49 krperm.txt
-rw-r--r-- shell shell 599 1969-12-31 16:00 krperm3.txt
-rw-rw-rw- shell shell 203236 2016-12-22 19:01 libsupol.so
-rw-rw-rw- shell shell 11584 2017-01-11 18:42 patch-init
-rwxr-xr-x shell shell 340 1969-12-31 16:18 pwn.sh
-rw-rw-rw- shell shell 683324 2016-12-22 19:00 readelf
-rw-rw-rw- shell shell 10000 2016-12-27 23:28 run-as-dirtycow64
-rw-rw-rw- shell shell 0 1969-12-31 16:18 sepolicy.dump
-rw-rw-rw- shell shell 5242880 2016-12-22 19:00 su.img
-rw-rw-rw- shell shell 38308 2016-12-22 19:01 supolicy
-rw-rw-rw- shell shell 13518848 2017-06-13 14:40 twrp.img
Unable to open /data/local/tmp/run-as-dirtycow: No such file or directory
# Device:Alcatel_4060A
-Getting uid 0->Ok.
-Checking permissive run-as.->No
-Dump policy->Ok
cp: cannot stat '/data/local/tmp/sepolicy.perm': No such file or directory
-Dump initstat: cannot stat '/data/local/tmp/sepolicy.perm': No such file or directory
getFileNameTargetSepolicy: ./data/local/tmp/exploit.sh[234]: [: -ge: missing second argument
getFileNameTargetSepolicy: ./data/local/tmp/exploit.sh[234]: [: -ge: missing second argument

Chupi383

Mar 7, 2017
Boston, MA
josvel32, I had a similar problem using the adb version of the dirty cow exploit if I recall. I got things working by using the apk version, CRooWt. I ran it, selected a variation of the exploit, and it told me to eject my SD card in storage properties to activate it. From this point, most things are glitchy but you have root. I used this to flash TWRP using dd in a terminal app to copy the image into the recovery partition, and then rebooted. (Note, the image file must be stored on the phone internal storage since it won't let you remount an SD after you activate the exploit.) From TWRP I was able to install SuperSU.

Also note, if you've taken any security updates from AT&T, this exploit may not work. One of their early updates patched dirty cow.

I bricked the phone later by messing up manually applying a FOTA update by typing commands in TWRP. I documented earlier in the thread how to do it safely, but I slipped and got an unrecoverable brick. Not a great loss since it was a cheap phone, but it means I'm more or less out of the game in this thread.

nano3349

Jun 20, 2022
Hello Faxanidu.
I don't know if you're still around and I do apologise for any inconvenience. I understand its been 5 yrs since this post but I am barely coming across it. English is not my 1st language so please bear with me. I live in South America and can't afford a modern phone. I have an Alcatel 4060A with android 5.1 it is 4G LTE but it doesn't hahe VoLTE option and now I can no longer make calls or text unless I use a 3rd party app or messenger.
I wanna follow your steps to try to flash my Alcatel with a debloated OS and VoLTE option etc. Problem is that I do not have a computer and people around me that do have one, wont let me install, download or plug anything to it. I do however have a tablet also with android 5.1 OS
and apps like adb shell terminix, bugjeagger

Code:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DISCLAIMER

I am not responsible for bricks, cats being both alive and dead, heat death of the universe, etc. I've attempted to minimize the chance of damage, but you will use this guide at your own risk.

Thanks to [mention]ejwith9953[/mention] for getting TWRP working correctly

Thanks to [mention]forgottonhacker[/mention] for proofreading and formatting

ABOUT

WINDOWS ONLY GUIDE

THIS GUIDE IS FOR THE PEOPLE SEEKING TO INSTALL TWRP AND OBTAIN A FIX FOR SOFT-BRICKED DEVICES

STEP 1

On a DESKTOP:

Download CURE_4 and extract to desktop (or a folder to your preference).

[Download Links at Bottom of Post]

On your PHONE:

Go to Settings > About phone > tap build number, till it says your a developer.

Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM unlock, and USB debugging

Reboot Device

STEP 2

Connect Device to PC

Open your extracted folder and run START_HERE.bat

Let it run, it will copy files, execute temp root exploit, and open a new CMD window.

In the new window, copy/paste commands individually.

Code:
[/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[SIZE=4][CENTER][SIZE=4]
[CENTER]adb shell

run-as -s1

su

dd if=/data/local/tmp/twrp.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p25

When you see the following:

Code:
[/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[SIZE=4][CENTER][SIZE=4]
[CENTER]26404+0 records in

26404+0 records out

Get ready to pull out the battery ( reboot recovery does NOT work )

Put the battery back in and hold the PWR and VOL UP at the same time, when you see Alcatel splash let go of power but continue to hold volume up.

Say hello to TWRP!

STEP 3

Now we are going to install SuperSU it’s easy from here don’t fret!

IMPORTANT

BACKUP /SYSTEM PARTITION IN TWRP AND MAKE A COPY ON YOUR PC

Now that you have a backup go back and tap install. Tap on "up a level" then sdcard.

Find SuperSu.zip and swipe to install!

Reboot system! (this may take a few minutes so don’t freak out)

Verify that SuperSu got installed.

Go back to the extracted folder on your computer and run CLEANUP.bat

SOFT FIX

Boot up to custom recovery tap wipe > advanced wipe

Select Dalvik cache and Cache, then SWIPE to wipe

Go back to the Home Screen

Tap Advanced > fix permissions and Swipe

REBOOT AND ENJOY

If this fix did not work for you please do contact me as I have another method, I will be putting up a debloated version of the ROM soon.

I will be adding more to the guide, so make sure to turn on your notifications!

DOWNLOADS

Stock-ish ROM EXTRACT FROM ZIP FIRST! then flash as /system

password: fax

Dropbox  Google  Box.net  Mega

EDIT: On payday going to buy another one of these phones for stock firmware.

Code:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DISCLAIMER

I am not responsible for bricks, cats being both alive and dead, heat death of the universe, etc. I've attempted to minimize the chance of damage, but you will use this guide at your own risk.

ABOUT

WINDOWS ONLY GUIDE

THIS GUIDE IS FOR THE PEOPLE SEEKING TO INSTALL TWRP AND OBTAIN A FIX FOR SOFT-BRICKED DEVICES

STEP 1

On a DESKTOP:

On your PHONE:

Reboot Device

STEP 2

Connect Device to PC

Let it run, it will copy files, execute temp root exploit, and open a new CMD window.

Code:
[/SIZE][/CENTER]
[SIZE=4]
[CENTER]adb shell

run-as -s1

su

Code:
[/SIZE][/CENTER]
[SIZE=4]
[CENTER]26404+0 records in

26404+0 records out

Put the battery back in and hold the PWR and VOL UP at the same time, when you see Alcatel splash let go of power but continue to hold volume up.

Say hello to TWRP!

STEP 3

IMPORTANT

Now that you have a backup go back and tap install. Tap on "up a level" then sdcard.

SOFT FIX

REBOOT AND ENJOY

If this fix did not work for you please do contact me as I have another method, I will be putting up a debloated version of the ROM soon.

DOWNLOADS

nano3349

Jun 20, 2022
Sorry got confused and don't know how to edit last thread. Anyways, As I was explaining. I have a tablet with android 5.1 and OTG cable and the apps mentioned in last message. Is there any way or hope to flash phone usind the adb etc from a tablet? If so, Can you elabotate?

Thanks in advance for your time, anf cooperation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:

DISCLAIMER

ABOUT
    WINDOWS ONLY GUIDE
    STEP 1
    On a DESKTOP:

On your PHONE:
    Reboot Device

STEP 2
    Connect Device to PC
    Code:
    adb shell
    run-as -s1
    su
    Code:
    26404+0 records in
    26404+0 records out
    Say hello to TWRP!

STEP 3
    IMPORTANT

SOFT FIX

REBOOT AND ENJOY

DOWNLOADS

you got volte working with att alcatel 4060a? if yes, please help me I also want to make it work, I m on Build M5KUAK2, checked for updates it says up to date

Yeah, updating only works if you have an activated AT&T SIM in your device and are on 100% untouched stock.

Here's my (corrected) M7UUAU1 ROM, which includes VoLTE and is the latest security update for this phone:
    https://mega.nz/#!oFkmAR5I!gRxdOmadn_rN8TK4KHuq0zZjweVr4aAOmzXjqLHwQcM
    It's a 7z archive, so you'll need 7-Zip to extract it if you don't already have an archiver capable of extracting 7z files. I know PeaZip and WinRAR can as well.

To flash:
    1. Unzip my 7z file to the root directory of your SD card -- it already contains the needed directory structure. If you don't have an SD, use the root of your phone's internal storage.
    2. Get TWRP like in this guide. Alternately you can see if your phone has fastboot working and just fastboot it.
    3. Boot to TWRP and tap Restore.
    4. Tap "M7UUAU1_stock_by_Chupi383". If it isn't in the list, tap internal/external storage at the bottom of the screen and change it to the other.
    5. Restore it.
    6. Reboot and load TWRP again by holding volume up. If prompted, allow TWRP to write to the system partition. If you want to install SuperSU, do so now. But even if you don't, do not skip this step or else the new stock system will overwrite TWRP with the stock recovery on next boot. (*)
    7. Reboot. You'll probably see about 10-20 minutes of "upgrading apps" the same as if you did the update through AT&T Software Update.

* - Pure unmodified stock ROMs like this one include a file named /system/boot-to-recovery.p. If this file is present, the system will try to restore the stock recovery at boot if it isn't already there. TWRP will automatically rename this file to boot-to-recovery.bak when it starts unless you tell it not to. So I included a step where you start up TWRP a second time to make sure this happens. Of course if you want to run stock and not have TWRP, let it overwrite the recovery.

Partitions included in this ROM:
    Aboot: Application processor bootloader. Included because AT&T's update modifies it. This one doesn't appear to have fastboot working. However I'm not sure if your (possibly fastboot capable) M5KUAK2 aboot is able to boot this updated ROM or if it would brick -- so I recommend restoring aboot as well. I already bricked one 4060A messing with bootloaders and don't care to experiment with my other.
    Boot: Linux kernel and initrd.
    Modem: Modem firmware. Needed to make VoLTE work.
    System: Stock system partition. Contains an updated com.android.phone including the option for VoLTE, so you need it.

And yes TWRP's builtin "install SuperSU" function seems to work fine with this ROM. I allowed it to install SuperSU when rebooting. Then after it booted up there was a notification that I needed to install the GUI for it. I picked the TWRP option to install it. It downloaded, rebooted to TWRP, which ran some installation script and then rebooted to the system. Then I had fully functioning root.

EDIT: Just to clarify, installing this will undo any changes you had made to the system partition. So if you did any customizations, you'll have to do them again after.
    I would love to be able to upload the backup I took however I am on a very limited data plan and the file size is 4.3 gig before e compression. Sorry.

EDIT: wanted to remind people that @faxanidu's TWRP can be flashed directly from this device using Rashr or something similar. That's how I did it.

I'm still alive. Was gonna tell you freeze tct but u figured it out. Since everyone is helping everyone in here in working on custom rom. For it to benchmark close to Galaxy s3
    M7YUAY0 stock ROM -- Extract 7z into the root of your SD card, it will add a backup to your TWRP folder. Note, after restoring the backup, you should let TWRP install SuperSU (if you want it) and boot back into TWRP. Booting back to TWRP lets it see that you have an untouched stock ROM and disable the thing that would overwrite TWRP with the stock recovery on the next boot. Alternately, rename /system/recovery-from-boot.p to /system/recovery-from-boot.bak.

If you need a dd/byte-for-byte backup of the modem partition, rpm, or sbl, get them here.

Also, new in M7YUAY0, apps that attempt the dirty cow exploit are detected as dangerous. The previous update fixed dirty cow so it's ineffective, but it now results in a nice little notification offering to uninstall the app. (attachment: screenshot of this notification -- CRooWt is the apk version of the exploit used in faxanidu's guide)
    Hi KenLucky thanks for reply
    I have installed the twrp uploaded by @faxanidu , the problem with my phone is that it can't boot, it keeps in loop mode only show the alcatel logo and restarts, so I can't use flashify or another android tools.
    Inside the zip there are 3 files system.ext4.win, system.ext4.win.md5, system.info, I tried to install from the zip file but the installation fails, I have unzipped the 3 files but I can find the way to install or restore the rom.

Thanks

To flash it as /system means to flash it as a system .zip from you chosen flash method. Flashify might work if you're rooted. 3c will flash zips as well, but I have never used either.
    When you extract the "Stockish ROM" what file format is it after being extracted?
    You should be able to flash it using the twrp that @faxanidu patched to our phones. Download the CURE_4 package, extract the recover.IMG then flash that using Flashify from there boot into the recovery ( from phone off push and hold power +volume up release power when the phone vibrates then release the volume.) From there select flash .zip. Then browse to the location of the ROM . The ROM MUST be on your phone or SD card in order for twrp to flash it.
    That should get you going again. If not ask again. If I helped ya hit the thanx button!! LOL