Super Optimized Rosie.apk from 2.3.3 (reduced 50%+)

Search This thread

coolbho3000

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2008
I've reduced JACHero's 2.3.3 Rosie.apk down to just 732 kilobytes, down from the already optimized 1.69 megabyte Rosie.apk.

Every PNG was optimized with optipng, ALL wallpapers were removed except for the default JACHero one, then it was packed with the latest 7-Zip. All this was done to make the file size of Rosie.apk as small as possible, possibly reducing memory footprint. This removes nothing except for wallpapers, and makes other optimizations as well.

Before pushing this to /data/app_s, make sure you are NOT using any wallpapers in the gallery for the lock screen OR the home screen! Download the wallpaper collection below, set the wallpapers you want from there, then push this APK. This was not resigned so the only way to install it is to push it.

Thanks justanothercrowd and other developers who made this possible!

To install:
adb remount
adb push Rosie.apk /data/app_s/
adb shell
reboot

Super Optimized Rosie.apk
HTC Wallpaper Collection

Last edited:

djdeviance

Sep 15, 2007
Now it's just 731 kilobytes, down from the already optimized 1.69 megabyte Rosie.apk

Packed with latest 7-Zip, every PNG was optimized with optipng, and ALL wallpapers were removed except for the default JACHero one. Al this was done to make the file size of Rosie.apk as small as possible.

Before pushing this to /data/app_s, make sure you are NOT using any wallpapers in the gallery for the lock screen OR the home screen! Download wallpaper collection below, set the wallpapers you want from there, then push this APK. This was not resigned so the only way to install it is to push it.

Thanks justanothercrowd and other developers who made this possible!

To install:
adb shell
#reboot

Super Optimized Rosie.apk
HTC Wallpaper Collection

adb remount
adb shell
reboot

Missed one step.

l3wish

Oct 23, 2008
Las Vegas
33nf1mw.jpg

AbsoluteDesignz

Sep 16, 2007
New Jersey
adb shell reboot on one line works as well...just saying.

will report after this reboot is over.

sidenote: I am a friggin ADB master (not really but im learning) nowadays...I type commands so damn fast and I don't even mount my SD to transfer files to it, I always adb push *.* /sdcard/...much faster.

minogue

Jan 31, 2009
Elizabeth
Can this be signed to install via Appman/Market?

there you go, i singed and put it in a zip now i think you can instal it from your phone....havent tried it as i put mine in the original rom and thenresigned al touched files....

BTW>>> My Sexy Girl Rosie has lost hella weight. She looks amazing, it sucks that she goes aorund everyone showing off.. What a *****!

Attachments

• Rosie.zip
    675.2 KB · Views: 472

gnunixguy

Jan 14, 2009
Chandler, AZ
I have to say, removing all the widgets from the homescreen makes it just as fast as running this updated version... In other words, I don't see any speed increase over what is included with JACHero 2.3.3. I'll play with it some more and update..

It would seem to me that optimizing the TouchFLO files would be a better way to go. Rosie is already fairly optimized, but i still see loading screens because of TouchFLO. Or am I seeing things?