• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Super Rom: [H918 10u l US99610P l H91010U l VS9951CA | H990/DS| More...]

Are you enjoying it so far?

• Yes

Votes: 245 86.3%
  • No

Votes: 39 13.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

danalog

Jul 6, 2012
Can't get Super Rom installed. Keep getting fastboot mode in end.

Update: @dudeawesome - I downloaded SuperRom for us996. I formatted data and wiped too. I assume I then choose install within TWRP, and choose the superrom.zip (I don't know how else you could run it after wiping all the prior info). When I install it, I get the "SR" logo overlay followed by this screen, image01. This black bg w/ white text continued through setup and in the end, it says superrom installed successfully, but a system reboot always ends in this dead fastboot screen, image02. The info I originally wrote below still pertains to this problem and may help in a solution. I really hope someone can guide me! Thanks

Hi, I purchased a LG V20 that was an unlocked ATT h91010r. I used the dirty santa method to root it. The tutorial has you make a h910_10r_full_stock.zip. Once the phone was rooted, I tried several 910 custom ROMs, kernels, but it was SuperRom I wanted the most, and it was that Rom I kept failing to install. In my attempts to install SuperRom I flashed my phone from h910 to us996. I can't say the exact steps I took, but my question is this: Can you fully change a rooted phone's version? My system info app analysis shows everything as 996 now, but I'm wondering if there isn't some chip or pram that will always remain h910. I inquire because, I'm still failing to install SuperRom and wondering if I need to return to the original h910 via the zip I made when rooting (to try a h910 SuperRom attempt) because my phone is, possibly, caught between us996 and some remnant of h910?

Attachments

• IMG_20190303_173029.jpg
    IMG_20190303_173029.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_20190303_172551.jpg
    IMG_20190303_172551.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

bandario

Feb 1, 2011
Victoria
Would I be better off purchasing a H910 or H918 device if I am aiming at using this rom? H910 comes guaranteed factory unlocked, H918 seems a bit more hit and miss.

Also, is the old 2016 method of unlocking bootloader + flashing TWRP still the accepted method or has there been an update. Those 2 threads were the only ones I could find. Many thanks for any reply!

Last edited:

>`xW0

Aug 17, 2018
LG V20
I have 990DS SEA version, ARB is 0.
Can I install Super-4.1_H990DS10H_8.6.18_Final?
Super-4.1_H990DS10H_8.6.18_Final has ARB 0 or 1?
Can I install other ROMs with ARB 0 later?
Can I also use TWRP 3.2.3-4 or only 3.2.1-0 or 3.2.2-1?

daniLaLaLaLaLa

Sep 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
plus.google.com
I have 990DS SEA version, ARB is 0.
Can I install Super-4.1_H990DS10H_8.6.18_Final?
Super-4.1_H990DS10H_8.6.18_Final has ARB 0 or 1?
Can I install other ROMs with ARB 0 later?
Can I also use TWRP 3.2.3-4 or only 3.2.1-0 or 3.2.2-1?

In my longtime experience with LG, the SEA varuant doesn't affected with ARB.. our ARB always stays 0.
So to answer your question,

1 - Yes, Install the one for H990DS
2 - For H990 is ARB 0
3 - Yes, but what other ROMs we have aside Lineage ?
4 - both is fine.

Last edited:

Ak7J4

Feb 28, 2018
Would I be better off purchasing a H910 or H918 device if I am aiming at using this rom? H910 comes guaranteed factory unlocked, H918 seems a bit more hit and miss.

Also, is the old 2016 method of unlocking bootloader + flashing TWRP still the accepted method or has there been an update. Those 2 threads were the only ones I could find. Many thanks for any reply!

If you're getting a LG V20 now, its not the best if you want to stay full stock. Super ROM, is still on Nougat not Oreo and I don't know when Oreo would be coming. If you're still determined to buy a V20 and stay on stock ROM, then Alpha - Omega is the better version for right now. I'd highly recommend LOS 15.1 or LOS 16 , they have much better support and are on latest versions in terms of actual Android and highest security version. If you still haven't bought a V20, just save up and get a V30 or newer non-LG phone. If you still want a V20 though, I can't speak for the H910 but the H918 has been working fine for me, though all versions of the phone are getting slow and need some replacement.

bandario

Feb 1, 2011
Victoria
If you're getting a LG V20 now, its not the best if you want to stay full stock. Super ROM, is still on Nougat not Oreo and I don't know when Oreo would be coming. If you're still determined to buy a V20 and stay on stock ROM, then Alpha - Omega is the better version for right now. I'd highly recommend LOS 15.1 or LOS 16 , they have much better support and are on latest versions in terms of actual Android and highest security version. If you still haven't bought a V20, just save up and get a V30 or newer non-LG phone. If you still want a V20 though, I can't speak for the H910 but the H918 has been working fine for me, though all versions of the phone are getting slow and need some replacement.

Thanks heaps for your reply. I was just chasing the last bastion of removable battery devices to play around with. LOS still seems to break the 2nd screen I think, I was thinking super rom.

All good, I will do some more research on devices.

Ak7J4

Feb 28, 2018
Thanks heaps for your reply. I was just chasing the last bastion of removable battery devices to play around with. LOS still seems to break the 2nd screen I think, I was thinking super rom.

All good, I will do some more research on devices.

LOS 16 actually can use the Second Screen. Since Andriod Pie has native second screen support. From what others said it works well.

Reactions: pjb0521 and KUSOsan

>`xW0

Aug 17, 2018
LG V20
In my longtime experience with LG, the SEA varuant doesn't affected with ARB.. our ARB always stays 0.
So to answer your question,

1 - Yes, Install the one for H990DS
2 - For H990 is ARB 0
3 - Yes, but what other ROMs we have aside Lineage ?
4 - both is fine.

Thanks for clarification.
On a side note: which ROM is closest to stock for H990DS with all the features available: camera, second screen, DAC etc.?

sderaps

Oct 14, 2015
When I open up twrp, and go to backup, I have a partition that says Beta:Data Image w/ storage (53160MB), any one help me delete this partition...

ok, got the answer, this is a beta feature part of twrp, it is not taking up space, Didn't realize I was using beta.. thanks nickthaskater

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SuperV20

Logo.jpg
    SuperV20 a rom to supercharge your phone back to life. The rom is intended to function as Megarom did and to continue where he left off. This is the initial release of the rom and so much more to come! If you would like me to make the rom for your device please let me know.

Welcoming the new SuperV20 website where you could find download links and easy to follow instructions. Hope you enjoy and thanks for choosing SuperV20!:)

Link

Credits:
    Credit where credit is due
    @i95swervin Scripts,Systems,Help,and more is provided by him and his Alpha-RomALPHA
    @askermk2000 for his work on the MK2000 Kernel.
    @darkknight200 for the logo and artwork.
    @Zacharee1 for Zachree System MODs, System UI tuner, Fixed LG V30 camer . Zacree Mods
    @hundeva For Lean Launcher link
    [MENTION]Mentalmuso/[MENTION] He has supplied all the weta Mods and his credits can be found here. WETA
    @mkhcb For the AD Blocker with tile. link
    @NotATreoFan Used his rom as an example and I used some of his code. MegaRom
    @toastyp For the new H910 10u system dump​

Contact
    Telegram

Join the new SuperV20 announcements pages on telegram for the latest announcements as they drop!

https://t.me/joinchat/GwGUdhCz2ttt5pWy6n9LGw

Donate
    Donate
    Credit where credit is due
    @i95swervin Scripts,Systems,Help,and more is provided by him and his Alpha-RomALPHA
    @askermk2000 for his work on the MK2000 Kernel.
    @darkknight200 for the logo and artwork.
    @Zacharee1 for Zachree System MODs, System UI tuner, Fixed LG V30 camer . Zacree Mods
    @hundeva For Lean Launcher link
    [MENTION]Mentalmuso/[MENTION] He has supplied all the weta Mods and his credits can be found here. WETA
    @mkhcb For the AD Blocker with tile. link
    @toastyp For the new H910 10u system dump
    Announcement: Around 3am Easter US time I got H918 and US996 tested and successful for v3.1. I want to test one last thing for US996 however it is working. VS995 build is about complete need to zip and send to test. H990 and H910 will follow. H990DS will take a bit longer as people are having errors with signal due to different region cust as I used the most updated patched H990Ds. I will try to add in the different region cust to aroma for selection and it's a go. I have rebuilt the rom this time as 2 zips one will be your respective system & kernel zip. The other a mod zip. I personally did this to not only make it easier for new users to flash, it also makes it easier for me to update in the future.

Thanks! Stay SuperCharged
    Hey guys an little update I am working on a new rom build and trying to build an updated UI Mod!
    Oreo builds will come once Oreo and root on Oreo is released on all devices.

Also if you would like to donate!
    Cash App
    https://cash.me/$hmerz

PayPal
    https://www.paypal.me/HassaanM