• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Super Strong Vibrate

Search This thread

canalrun

Dec 17, 2010
Is there a way to get a super strong vibrate for an alarm? I would like to use the alarm to wake me in the morning, for example if I'm at hotel. I've played with the Settings-Vibration_and_Sound settings and the vibration pattern options you can choose when you set an alarm. Is there anything else to look at – like maybe setting a custom pattern?

I wish there were a "wake from dead" mode. I am deaf so sound has no meaning. Wake up phone calls or pounding on the door from the hotel obviously don't work.

A stronger alarm uses more battery, but that's okay, since this is an important function. I will plan accordingly.

Barry.

roaduardo

Apr 27, 2016
I haven't found a way to increase the strength of the vibration outside of the options available from the app and watch settings.

As of what's available today, it seem Apple is the only who's really paying close, CLOSE attention to the quality, strength and refinement of the haptic engine on their watches.

It's the number one reason why I was using an iPhone for weeks just so I could use an Apple Watch. Its "Taptic" engine is so refined. Perfect for alarms and other notifications. There's also a big gap (IMO) in how the normal and hard vibration option is on those watches.

Samsung needs to focus more heavily in this specific area for their next watches.

Reactions: galaxys

canalrun

Dec 17, 2010
I'm glad someone else agrees. It seems these guys love to focus on ring tones, and sounds, and volume. I think vibration is much more useful: It's discrete, it doesn't wake everyone else in the house.

I've used the alarm about a dozen times. It's woken me every time, but I wish it was a little stronger.

I can see an option where they separate alert vibration from alarm vibration and offer a super vibration mode. They could warn "wake-the-dead mode requires more battery", but at least you'll be more confident that it actually wakes you up.

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I haven't found a way to increase the strength of the vibration outside of the options available from the app and watch settings.

As of what's available today, it seem Apple is the only who's really paying close, CLOSE attention to the quality, strength and refinement of the haptic engine on their watches.

It's the number one reason why I was using an iPhone for weeks just so I could use an Apple Watch. Its "Taptic" engine is so refined. Perfect for alarms and other notifications. There's also a big gap (IMO) in how the normal and hard vibration option is on those watches.

Samsung needs to focus more heavily in this specific area for their next watches.
    I'm glad someone else agrees. It seems these guys love to focus on ring tones, and sounds, and volume. I think vibration is much more useful: It's discrete, it doesn't wake everyone else in the house.

I've used the alarm about a dozen times. It's woken me every time, but I wish it was a little stronger.

I can see an option where they separate alert vibration from alarm vibration and offer a super vibration mode. They could warn "wake-the-dead mode requires more battery", but at least you'll be more confident that it actually wakes you up.