• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

SuperR's Kitchen Releases (Donate Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SuperR.

Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2014
Invisible
Moto E 2015
LG Nexus 5X
v3.2.2.1

Changes:
  • Fixed possibility of a super.img group being named default during extraction, which will fail to build because default group is automatically created and there cannot be 2 groups with the same name.
  • Added option to use a custom lpmake binary and add additional arguments to the command.
  • Added support for extracting ext4.lz4 files from the extract menu.
  • Added support for building img.lz4 files with their original extension (system.img.ext4.lz4 for example) from the build menu.
  • samsung_tools plugin: Updated to use the new syntax of the kitchen lz4 function.

NOTES:
Right now, the kitchen uses the superp binary located in linux_tools or mac_tools to pack super.img. Now you can add your own lpmake binary to these directories in case superp is out of date and you need new features. It must be named lpmake. You can also add additional arguments when using your own lpmake binary. In project configuration (00_project_files/srk.conf), you can add lpmake_add_args=--new_arg here and these arguments will be added to the exsting kitchen arguments.

The new samsung_tools plugin will only work with v3.2.2.1 and above.

SuperR.

Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2014
Invisible
Moto E 2015
LG Nexus 5X
v3.2.2.2

Changes:
  • Log errors in ext4_extract.log when attempting to determine file permissions from a mounted ext4 img file.
  • Add support for extracting super_new.img.
  • Changed hosting locations for all kitchen downloads.

NOTE: This was an emergency release due to the kitchen downloads no longer working on Bitbucket. There has not been much testing on any of the new features. My apology if there are issues, but it should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    v3.2.2.2

Changes:
    • Log errors in ext4_extract.log when attempting to determine file permissions from a mounted ext4 img file.
    • Add support for extracting super_new.img.
    • Changed hosting locations for all kitchen downloads.

NOTE: This was an emergency release due to the kitchen downloads no longer working on Bitbucket. There has not been much testing on any of the new features. My apology if there are issues, but it should be ok.
    v3.1.3.9

Changes:
    • Fixed extract when there is no firmware, then choosing option 1 asks if you want to extract nothing if you didn't add firmware.
    • Added more knox apps to remove list.
    • Fixed Windows key presses not working properly on some machines.

BEFORE YOU UPDATE:
    The kitchen will no longer use GitLab for distribution. The source will no longer be available. There are several reasons for this:
    1. The kitchen is now packaged with the Python3 interpreter and Python3 is no longer required. Linux still needs Python installed for the launcher.
    2. There is an improvement in performance when packaged
    3. Python dependencies are included in the package
    4. More difficult to steal. It has come to my attention that some users are "sharing" this kitchen. It is ONLY intended for the user that donated. When this project started I said if I see people stealing I would terminate the project. Luckily I have chosen a different path and this is the first step. If the stealing continues, the next step is to limit each user to a single PC. I do not want to do this, so PLEASE don't share. It is a small donation and the free kitchen is perfectly capable for anyone that does not wish to donate :)

Instead, there is a new Kitchen registration and downloads section. If you are an existing donor, please register at the link above. Once you have registered, send me a PM with your new username and the email address used when registering. Once verified you are a donor, I will add you to the database and you can update or visit the downloads page for a fresh zip. Currently there are Windows 32-bit, Linux 64-bit, and MacOS 64-bit packages available. Windows 32-bit works on 32 and 64-bit machines. I don't think there are many 32-bit Linux users out there anymore, but let me know if it is needed.

NOTE: Updating from v3.1.3.8 and earlier will not work. Please download a fresh zip of the latest kitchen from the link I sent in PM :)
    v3.2.0.1

Changes:
    • Added support on all platforms for unpacking the new super.img showing up in Android 10 firmware.
    • Added support for extracting xz compressed GSI images.
    • Added support for extracting non-Google firmware.tgz files.
    • Fixed changelog not working when an update is not available.
    • Fixed asserts menu showing a comma instead of None after removing asserts.
    • Fixed custom directory not being added to the updater-script in sparse_dat and raw_img ROMs.
    • Linux/WSL/Mac: Added support for Bash plugins with example.
    • Windows: Added support for Batch plugins with example.
    • Revert to old set_metadata generator.
    • Check for plugin updates as part of the kitchen update routine.
    • Include busybox in the ROM and use busybox commands instead of /sbin commands to run programs from the updater-script.
    • Updated the update-binary script functions.
    • Set default to never convert to update-binary script on fresh install.
    • Asserts are now a global option that defaults to no asserts on fresh install.
    • Fixed selinux error message getting cut off.
    • Ask all partition size questions at the beginning of the ROM build for raw_img and sparse_dat perm types.
    • Remember the last manually entered img size for each partition in each project, and ask if you want to use it the next time you choose manual size.
    • Fixed unrooting pre-rooted system-as-root firmware.
    • Added support for Android 11 developer preview.
    • Fixed a bug in configure.sh that did not detect the slot properly on some system-as-root devices.
    • Fixed a bug that could allow the root directory file context to be set incorrectly in an ext4 img build.
    • Fixed plugin manager saying the server is down if there are no new plugins to install.
    • Fixed gapps plugin since Open GApps changed their download server.
    • Fixed partition_zip plugin not including an update-binary in final zip package.
    • Updated add_remove_files plugin to allow adding apk to system/priv-app.

Thanks to @Er. Aditya and @Captain_Throwback for their great ideas, pointing out bugs, and testing fixes!
    Thanks to @shumway66 for testing and reporting bugs!
    Thanks to @osm0sis for the busybox NDK builds, and for the update-binary script function updates!

NOTES:

Plugins:
    All plugins will be updated in your kitchen automatically during kitchen updates. The option to update plugins in the plugin manager is still available. Additionally, all plugins have been updated on the server. The new plugins will not work on older kitchen versions. If you plan to install a plugin you will need to update the kitchen first.

Busybox:
    If you have an existing project after the update, you will need to change perm types and back to what you want. This will add busybox and the updater-script modifications to your project. If you do not do this, you may have issues during the flash.

Asserts:
    Asserts will now be disabled by default on a fresh kitchen install. If you update the kitchen instead, nothing will change until you remove asserts from one of your projects. After this, asserts will be disabled globally. However, asserts will not be removed from other projects that already have asserts. If you previously removed asserts from a project, it is possible they will be added again after the update as the setting has changed. If you add asserts to a project, asserts will be enabled globally.

update-binary script:
    If you are doing a fresh kitchen install, you will no longer be asked if you want to convert updater-script to update-binary script by default. If you are updating the kitchen, the setting will not change automatically. You can change this setting any time in Misc Tools > Flashable zip options (global) > update-binary zip options.

Android 11 developer preview:
    The kitchen has a problem building a system.img after extraction because the system directory is larger than the raw system.img. img size: 770MB, dir size: 859MB. I am not sure how this is possible, and it is not the first time I have seen it. The latest OnePlus firmware also has this issue. Obviously removing files would solve the building issue, but Android 11 developer preview does not contain bloat and I don't know what is safe to remove. If anyone has a solution, please let me know. Thanks :)

super.img:
    Contrary to my recent posts, super.img unpack is now fully supported in Windows, Linux, WSL, and Mac!
    v3.1.6.7

Changes:
    • Updated vdexExtractor to the latest commit.
    • Fixed the possibility of duplicate entries in the updater-script.
    • Minor code refactoring.

LINUX USERS: It has been brought to my attention that some users may get an error message using the latest kitchen. It is due to glibc mismatch, and happened because I updated my build machine to Ubuntu 18.04. Apparently the kitchen will not work in Ubuntu 16.04 anymore. The error message looks like this:
    Code:
    [4627] Error loading Python lib '/home/username/superrs-kitchen3/tools/source/libpython3.6m.so.1.0': dlopen: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by /home/username/superrs-kitchen3/tools/source/libpython3.6m.so.1.0)
    Upgrading your OS to Ubuntu 18.04 (or another distro with glibc 2.25) will fix the issue. If needed, I can set up a VM with Ubuntu 16.04 for compiling the kitchen. I do not know how widespread this problem will be. So far only one user has mentioned it.
    v3.1.6.5

Changes:
    • Windows: EXPERIMENTAL support for Android Pie deodex.
    • Fixed crash if matching jar file does not exist when deodexing O/P framework vdex.
    • Fixed unmount for extra partitions not being added to the updater-script before format.
    • Do not delete platform tools if AIK/AIK2 downloads fail.

NOTE: The Windows Android Pie deodex uses vdexExtractor to extract the cdex files. The Kitchen zips them and sends them to my server (Linux). The server converts the cdex files to dex and sends them back. Once received, they get packed in the apk/jar files as normal.

NOTE2: Why is this marked EXPERIMENTAL? I have no idea if my server can handle what has just been unleashed. It has worked perfectly during all my tests, but I was the only one using it. If there are 300 people converting on the server at the same time ... no clue :)

NOTE3: As a result of NOTE2, I have added a switch to the server API so I can disable it remotely. I may need to do this if the server starts freaking out. If disabled, you will see a message about it when you try to deodex Pie on Windows. I apologize in advance if this happens. Just remember, I tried :)

EDIT:

NOTE4: To help with server strain, the kitchen will store the converted dex zip in 00_project_files. If this zip exists when you deodex Pie, it will be used instead of sending to the server and converting again. If you extracted the same firmware and deodex again, this will not be a problem. If you extract a different firmware in the same project, you will have a problem. Always use a new project for new firmware. Reusing project directories is a bad idea unless you completely empty it first.
    v3.1.5.9

Changes:
    • Check for avb flag during dm-verity check.
    • When removing dm-verity, remove avb flag if it exists.
    • Fixed strange lines being added to file_contexts during bin conversion causing ext4 img creation to fail.
    • Linux/Mac: Fixed runtime error on plugins that require root if your installed python3 version is different than the one included with the kitchen.
    • Updated md5 for Android Image Kitchen by @osm0sis.

NOTE: If you are experiencing the Linux/Mac plugin runtime error, you will need to remove the problem plugins and reinstall them after this update to fix the issue.