[Superseded] Crossflash US Unlocked Pie to your Bootloader Unlocked V40

Search This thread

Shycat

Mar 26, 2018
Remove encryption TWRP

Hi, Xsave, I'm trying to remove encryption in TWRP with your method. Downloaded the conversion tool and all (dont need thou to flash Pie, since Vlaad already did it for me), mounting vendor only after formating data in TWRP, pulling my fstab.judypn and editing it. But I don't find data/mountpoint anywhere in it... and no ''forceencrypt'' also...
So I'm kinda confuse here...

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmyStoo

May 16, 2013
Hi Xsavi,

I sent you a PM, but not sure if you got it, as my sent folder does not have the message listed there, so I sent one again, but sent folder still shows no message. I didn't want to send anymore in case you are actually getting them lol.

aaya888

Apr 15, 2016
Korean version root pie:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191026-185827.png
    Screenshot_20191026-185827.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 217
  • Screenshot_20191026-185814.jpg
    Screenshot_20191026-185814.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 217
  • Screenshot_20191026-185756.png
    Screenshot_20191026-185756.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 215
Reactions: ragingblow

luislasonbra

Jul 20, 2012
help stuck on LG V40 ThinQ logo

Hello, I have done all the steps but I see that my LG V405UA (SPRINT), is lasting a lot on the black screen of LG V40Thinq, my PC recognizes it but it does not happen from there.

what could I be doing wrong

sptw

Mar 19, 2015
Hi there,
I am stuck on fastboot mode. LG V40 korea version with pie. I tried to unlock the bootloader using 9008 trick and endup with fastboot only. I installed V35 Engineering bootloader but no unlock bootloader. Will this work on this case? In positive case, can i revert to original korea firmware .kdz using lgup tool?
Thanks in advance.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Hi there,
I am stuck on fastboot mode. LG V40 korea version with pie. I tried to unlock the bootloader using 9008 trick and endup with fastboot only. I installed V35 Engineering bootloader but no unlock bootloader. Will this work on this case? In positive case, can i revert to original korea firmware .kdz using lgup tool?
Thanks in advance.

to unlock the bootloader, be sure to enable 'developer' mode (in settings), and then select 'allow oem unlock'.

if your pc see's your phone properly, with 'fastboot devices', then the command is simply 'fastboot oem unlock'.

yes, you can revert with lgup with the kdz, if that's what u chose to do.

cheers

sptw

Mar 19, 2015
to unlock the bootloader, be sure to enable 'developer' mode (in settings), and then select 'allow oem unlock'.

if your pc see's your phone properly, with 'fastboot devices', then the command is simply 'fastboot oem unlock'.

yes, you can revert with lgup with the kdz, if that's what u chose to do.

cheers

Hi AsltLies,

Thanks for your fast reply.
Unfortunately pc does not see my phone properly. Not even ADB. I do not know what has happened. After V35 Engineering bootloader , phone disconnected and i cant get the pc or adb to see the devices. I tried all of the stuffs, like a several of usb drivers e some adb fastboot drives. Change usb port ( usb 2.0, usb 3.0 ). I tried different cables. No way. Pc can not see the device.
I can only reach fastboot on smartphone device.
I was just imagining if the trick here from Mr. Xsavi can do with V35 Engineering bootloader locked.

Maybe i am doing something wrong here, but i can not be able to make it using adb on linux ( Kubuntu ). Linux dont see the device too.

Update: Windows 10 can see the smartphone on device manager, but i am not able to find a driver to update it. Device manager only see as " Android" and a yellow exclamation asking for a driver. I already tried qualcom drive, usb drive, and adb installation ( minimal version 1.4.3). No way. None works. Only to remember: it was working before with generic usb driver from lg, qualcom drive, and adb was able to see the device. Only after the V35 Engineering bootloader operation, the device manager on win10 dont recognize the device anymore.

Attachments

• 20210305_151302.jpg
    20210305_151302.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Hi AsltLies,

Thanks for your fast reply.
Unfortunately pc does not see my phone properly. Not even ADB. I do not know what has happened. After V35 Engineering bootloader , phone disconnected and i cant get the pc or adb to see the devices. I tried all of the stuffs, like a several of usb drivers e some adb fastboot drives. Change usb port ( usb 2.0, usb 3.0 ). I tried different cables. No way. Pc can not see the device.
I can only reach fastboot on smartphone device.
I was just imagining if the trick here from Mr. Xsavi can do with V35 Engineering bootloader locked.

Maybe i am doing something wrong here, but i can not be able to make it using adb on linux ( Kubuntu ). Linux dont see the device too.

Update: Windows 10 can see the smartphone on device manager, but i am not able to find a driver to update it. Device manager only see as " Android" and a yellow exclamation asking for a driver. I already tried qualcom drive, usb drive, and adb installation ( minimal version 1.4.3). No way. None works. Only to remember: it was working before with generic usb driver from lg, qualcom drive, and adb was able to see the device. Only after the V35 Engineering bootloader operation, the device manager on win10 dont recognize the device anymore.

It's a windows driver issue. When you see that exclamation mark that means it doesn't know what to do with the device. So right click on that and select update driver, choose on your device and it should give you a list of adb drivers to choose from, there's a pretty generic one (can't remember the name), choose that and after the update the exclamation mark should be gone and phone will be seen.

sptw

Mar 19, 2015
It's a windows driver issue. When you see that exclamation mark that means it doesn't know what to do with the device. So right click on that and select update driver, choose on your device and it should give you a list of adb drivers to choose from, there's a pretty generic one (can't remember the name), choose that and after the update the exclamation mark should be gone and phone will be seen.

Yep. Shure it is. Really exists about 4 or 5 android adb drivers. I will try one by one and see if can solve the problem. As soon as i have a result i will post here.

Thanks a lot.

Update:. Unfortunately even using all adb android drives on device manager ( win 10), the pc do not recognize the smartphone.

Last edited:

sptw

Mar 19, 2015
Finally I got it to work again. I manage to enter in the edl mode, and within there i upload de pieimagestock. Qfill upload it like a charme, because in edl mode pc could see the smartphone using qualcom driver.
After the upload pie image bootloader instead v35 Engineering bootaloader, the both slots ( a and b ) became unbootable. So i managed to enter in download mode and upload the entire pie kdz image. Works like a charm and my lg V40 is on the road again.
Off course the bootloader is still blocked. Now i will try to understand what has happened when i was using qfill to upload v35 Engineering bootloader image. I cant remember but i am almost shure i was using usb 3.0 port, instead 2.0, and i feel it is culprit.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SUPERSEDED: Go Here

Prerequisites:
    V35 Engineering Bootloader flashed to your device (Stock bootloader will NOT work for this)
    USB 2.0 (USB 3.x does not work well with ADB or Fastboot)
    The V40 Pie Conversion Tool
    Be in fastboot mode before attempting this
    Patience
    ADB and Fastboot DRIVERS. Platform tools are already included in the archive
    Windows. The tool is not designed for Linux.
    This will NOT sim unlock your phone[/CENTER]

Note: I'm not responsible for any bricks that come about from using this tool. Once you crossflash, there's NO going back unless you have backups of your partitions, or a KDZ specifically for your device. I'm going to say this again, DO NOT use USB 3.x while attempting this. You will run into errors. You won't see anything for a little bit when it gets to flashing system_a and vendor_a because it has to load those images into ram.

Download the tool: Google Drive

1. Download the archive and unzip the tool.
    2. Navigate to the folder you unzipped the tool to.
    3. Enter the folder and inside the folder you should find "V40PIECONVERSION.cmd". Ignore the one with the "Stock Boot" at the end. All it does is flash the stock boot image instead of the TWRP that is required to do this.
    4. Execute the batch file and follow the instructions. When the batch file is done, Pie will be flashed, but it will not boot due to encryption. We're going to disable that.
    5. Boot TWRP by performing a master reset. To perform a master reset: Press and hold Vol- and Power. When you see the "V40 ThinQ" logo release the power button and quickly press back down. Keep holding Vol- and Power until you see a factory reset screen. Finally, follow the prompts (yes) and you should be in TWRP.

TWRP Instructions

Head over to the wipe menu and format data (to remove encryption).

Next, head over to mount and mount vendor. Mount ONLY vendor.

Now, open a command prompt, navigate to the folder where you extracted the tool, and open a command prompt inside the folder (Type "CMD" in File Explorer's Address Bar)

ig7ntpwL3bCWBr1tv2MBtea-gGnZUdPlMtGNGZa_o9uOvE3XwbiQi_lT--xi4QsOQFHGpEmyZSDl7mkgLHuKCtnWArArdV8pZgn3zXnZPW6f5skNpaokpEiK1q-VP_3Ro4awPKn_aoIefURT_U9E4PwndbOfJmergECGK62C-wU-Dn4ZpQ0XK2jvRvtemSKWrtXHI96uAYzjZnM2f783Dqklp9rp_RucTAeKQDY64b4JmJbExlxHCZlJV_mQDzhggCrzKleKRkYFS5G3GKzzLlNw8QRmufuLsMtBvNyrQkfpvbs61EY6uRC0aSLiKOixMEvFbXEGENx597qA28-eW5YrOgZ7HR4tel1Sx3QLRS-0I6q2iJvcP6X1v2YQMfrZNRpOpa9-r55ROcL5Eyp1zDO6WAdrP5aAKjZJDwg6w6PUWbeLDy9Wem_hV6hOQJvNNeQzjKmPj1NSOxaUgcnMileDyR-0hCzaxF1auegPKmo2Qi7Ayqpe9HF4Jrl4eAduc2TgXHaL84Og3GGHaK0_faAWzUBKhrkP0R_tFeQKTd7JE_Ygtg5fEaJxSo445AQ3rpw6IhDhrkLhmoFYLhs4wtjMJyNM2EIs2mDmkdBS6WknmxVj-p19xgd2gnc6q05u84WmKc30H-L5fPxnhE8NPqxRGttl1lz82U99liObbbhinm_GeABV3vKs7Il-nPMFbaaWd6JACbpJYljoSWshlX4PfA=w1096-h615-no

Execute the adb command:
    Code:
    adb pull /vendor/etc/fstab.judypn

Edit the file (fstab.judypn) in your favorite text editor and on the /data mountpoint change "forceencrypt" to "encryptable".

Save and Close the file and push the file back with the command:
    Code:
    adb push fstab.judypn /vendor/etc

Now that encryption is disabled, you NEED to flash back the ORIGINAL boot image that's included with the tool. In order to do that, we need to get back into fastboot.

To get back into fastboot, we need to: Make sure USB is still plugged into the phone. Press and hold VOL+ (Or vol up). Power off the phone (Via TWRP reboot menu) while still holding vol+. Keep holding VOL+ until you see download mode flash for a brief second and you should be in fastboot. The fastboot you see now isn't the V35 Engineering Bootloader. It's the stock pie bootloader. Wiping the laf_a partition allows access to fastboot on devices that are locked (Nearly all US Carriers).

Finally, run the commands:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_a boot_a.image
    and
    Code:
    fastboot format userdata

You should run into an "encryption unsuccessful" screen. Just hit reset phone. You may have to reboot once or twice to get to the setup screen.

For those of you that want root, here's a patched Magisk boot image: Google Drive

You can flash it by running the command:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img

Make sure you open a command prompt in the directory you downloaded the image in. If you don't have adb and fastboot in your environment path, just place it in the V40PIEConversion folder and flash it from there.
    How do you get the v35 bootloader on stock Att ?

Contact @vbenkovskyy on Telegram. He is an awesome guy. Of course, it isn't free, but his prices are better.
    Confirmed working - thanks Xsavi for an excellent guide!
    Confirmed working on my att variant. ? Thanks again for the great guide ?
    One more question, How will further updates be done after cross flashing? Thank you!

By flashing System, Vendor, and boot. :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone