• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

{SUPPORT CANCELED}[APP][Multi-Platform] EFS Backup & Restore

Search This thread

Borky_16

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2010
Salzburg
This Tool is for Backing up the /efs folder!

Disclaimer!
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this TOOL
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

In the EFS Folder your IMEI and other very important Files are stored!

It's a MUST to back it up!

A corrupt ROM or Script could change this Folder, like we have seen at Nexus Sense or TWRP !

and I don't want to say something bad about the Nexus Sense Dev! He is a very good Dev and I only want to bring a example for this Tool!

be sure you use a Unsecure Boot Image !

ICS 4.0.3 Unsecure Boot.img

Make sure you have USB Debugging ON!

To back it up run efs_backup.bat / efs_backup.sh

to restore it run efs_restore.bat /efs_restore.sh

Actual Versions
EFS Tool 2.1 [bug fix, use this version!] for Linux/Mac

EFS Tool 2.0 for Windows

Pre- Versions
2.0 Version
EFS Tool 2.0 for Windows

EFS Tool 2.0 for Linux/Mac

1.0 Version
EFS Tool for Windows

EFS Tool for Linux/Mac

2.1 10/8/2011
- Linux Version fixed!

2.0 4/8/2011
- Script optimzed
- "wait for device" included
- BUG fixes (hopefully)

1.0 24/6/2011
- Release!

Cyanogemod for the Disclaimer

Last edited:

SoleOfJohn

Oct 10, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga
Didn't need to throw Nexus Sense under the bus again, we all already knew it... This is part of the moving on that everyone has talked about... Would like to see an edit for you to remove that part...

trismegistos

Aug 8, 2010
hey, you have an error in your backup script file:

" adb pull /efs/ " should be "adb pull /efs/ . "

you require an destination argument for adb.

Borky_16

Jun 7, 2010
Salzburg
Didn't need to throw Nexus Sense under the bus again, we all already knew it... This is part of the moving on that everyone has talked about... Would like to see an edit for you to remove that part...

That is only a example, i don't want to attack him! :) I always supported him and told all the other the same: "That this is not his fault and so on"

you require an destination argument for sdb.

its not "adb pull /efs/" its "adb pull /efs"

so it will pull the whole folder! :rolleyes: so i have tested it! its working okay! :confused:

Reactions: mike216

trismegistos

Aug 8, 2010
That is only a example, i don't want to attack him! :) I always supported him and told all the other the same: "That this is not his fault and so on"

so it will pull the whole folder! :rolleyes: so i have tested it! its working okay! :confused:

ok i found what is causing the error. i am running an other adb version like it is in your file. my version requieres an dst argument: adb pull <remote> <local> yours not. but you have not ./adb written in the file, so it uses my adb binary and then the error on cures. so you should think about placing ./ before your adb or provide or you place the "." behind it, that it works on all adb versions.

brm thomas

Borky_16

Jun 7, 2010
Salzburg
ok i found what is causing the error. i am running an other adb version like it is in your file. my version requieres an dst argument: adb pull <remote> <local> yours not. but you have not ./adb written in the file, so it uses my adb binary and then the error on cures. so you should think about placing ./ before your adb or provide or you place the "." behind it, that it works on all adb versions.

brm thomas

Oh thanks used it on my computer and it used the pathed one so i thought it can handle it :)

will upload it in a few minutes again

EDIT: Linux Version is fixed thanks to trismegistos

Reactions: mike216

Nux1990

Feb 21, 2011
Sorry for the stupid question, but i must only run "efs_backup" and will I have the backup? (Nexus S must be in bootloader mode...correct?)

Borky_16

Jun 7, 2010
Salzburg
What exactly does this do? I have already copied /efs to my PC some time ago. Does this do anything additional?

No is just a Handy Script that copy it to your PC and with the other Script it restores it! and you can use it on PC without ADB installed, cause it is included!

I think the ADB thing is Major positive point!

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
I'm going to back it up because you said its a good idea and your programs work perfect, is this for people who flash cyanogen and miui?thanks for all your noob Prof tools,making this whole development experience great

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
thanks for this borky,i ran it and it said one of the adb files were missing so i put the one that it said was missing into the folder and then ran it.i seen daemon started as if it started to work but it just went away really quick.how can i check to see if it backed up my efs?running windows 7 pro,any help would be very much appreciated:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Tool is for Backing up the /efs folder!

Disclaimer!
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this TOOL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

In the EFS Folder your IMEI and other very important Files are stored!

It's a MUST to back it up!

A corrupt ROM or Script could change this Folder, like we have seen at Nexus Sense or TWRP !

and I don't want to say something bad about the Nexus Sense Dev! He is a very good Dev and I only want to bring a example for this Tool!

be sure you use a Unsecure Boot Image !

ICS 4.0.3 Unsecure Boot.img

Make sure you have USB Debugging ON!

To back it up run efs_backup.bat / efs_backup.sh

to restore it run efs_restore.bat /efs_restore.sh

Actual Versions
    EFS Tool 2.1 [bug fix, use this version!] for Linux/Mac

EFS Tool 2.0 for Windows

Pre- Versions
    2.0 Version
    EFS Tool 2.0 for Windows

EFS Tool 2.0 for Linux/Mac

1.0 Version
    EFS Tool for Windows

EFS Tool for Linux/Mac

2.1 10/8/2011
    - Linux Version fixed!

2.0 4/8/2011
    - Script optimzed
    - "wait for device" included
    - BUG fixes (hopefully)

1.0 24/6/2011
    - Release!

Cyanogemod for the Disclaimer
    Having trouble backing up my EFS folder with this method. I'm trying to flash my radio and I read that I needed to backup my EFS, thus my post to this thread.

Is this still a relevant/current concern? I notice there hasn't been any activity on this thread Since December 2011. Am I wasting my time?

Heres a pic of the error message I get:

Yes it is,but with ICS the script doesn't work properly,so you have to do it manually!

Assuming you have androidsdk on your Mac :)D) and debug usb enabled:

put androisdk folder on desktop,this will make all easier
    create on desktop a new folder named efs
    open terminal
    Code:
    desktop/androidsdk/platform-tools/adb root
    Code:
    desktop/androidsdk/platform-tools/ adb pull /efs desktop/efs

now in the folder you have created will have the ame file with right permission as in the phone

Thanks for the Link ! :)

I'll will push out another changeover version soon, wich will include a script for restoring ICS EFS !

Some Info for you guys, I'm working on a Java based Layout with some special function and other good stuff ! :)

you require an destination argument for sdb.

I have Nexus 9023, CyberGR V11 ROM (Simple Kernel) and last version of CWR. It is safe to apply this method to backup the EFS?

Just used it on my Nexus S running AOKP and worked just fine.

For those who have the ADBWinAPI.dll problem, download and put the attached file in the same folder as the efs_backup.bat and run it again.