• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Support for this device?

Search This thread

Stickola

Sep 11, 2021
Since the production for 780g has stopped, that means hardly anyone will make a custom roms or stuff like that, but my question is, does that means that offical updates from Xiaomi for MIUI will also stop or they'll be rarer in compare to other devices?
I wonder, will we get normal updates or they'll be rarer cuz of rarity of this cpu?

Stickola

Sep 11, 2021
Should be worried? I generally don't think it will be " abandonded" Xiaomi like xiaomi, we'll get updates for sure, burt idk how often.
I also think that the production of 780g might continue in the near future? Thoguths, gentlemen?

triovi

Should be worried? I generally don't think it will be " abandonded" Xiaomi like xiaomi, we'll get updates for sure, burt idk how often.
I also think that the production of 780g might continue in the near future? Thoguths, gentlemen?
MI 11 lite 5g appear on Android 12 update list. So probably we receive A12 and 1-2 patches and than stopped. Anyway Xiaomi is known for short support for his phones.

Reactions: Stickola

robbiepeyt

Sep 5, 2016
"The Snapdragon 778G clearly overtakes the Snapdragon 780G in terms of power efficiency."

Almost that I would like to return my Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G for the NE version.

Stickola

Sep 11, 2021
"The Snapdragon 778G clearly overtakes the Snapdragon 780G in terms of power efficiency."

Almost that I would like to return my Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G for the NE version.
Idk how actually, but seems like it does.

mejsi

Mar 8, 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-123046_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20210923-123046_Chrome.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 37

sirgoldi

Tbh after changing rom to OctaviOS GSI this phone is really cold, not as on miui
Okay then, looks like you are right then. How is that possible that Xioami kills performance of their phones with OS is just beyond me. But still they are not bad in terms of efficiency, many Xiaomi phones leading battery charts. So I assume other companies are even worse. Wish to try custom ROM but for safety reasons I don't want to.

Reactions: Stickola

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlikely it changes anything. I'm 100% sure support for 5G ends when support for 5G NE ends. Maybe less often security updates, that's it. Support for both phones will be dropped with MIUI 14 or 15. Android 12 guaranteed, Android 13 possible.
    From my personal experience after using Xiaomi phones and their MIUI for 5 years now, MIUI is digusting in terms of bugs and battery perfomance, i am using now Mi 11 Lite 5G and everything is amazing about the device, but android system is taking up to 40% battery usage sometimes, and that is MIUI's fault, its not hardware fault for sure... cant wait for new update....
    In my case main battery killer is display. LCD in Redmi Note 8 Pro was using like 35% of what AMOLED uses in Mi Lite 11 5G. :(
    I bet they will be a few roms for this phone (I'm hoping for dotos or cherishos 🥺)
    MI 11 lite 5g appear on Android 12 update list. So probably we receive A12 and 1-2 patches and than stopped. Anyway Xiaomi is known for short support for his phones.
    You're talking about SD 778g? Damn, that's way too much..
    Yes. Crazy.
    Unlikely it changes anything. I'm 100% sure support for 5G ends when support for 5G NE ends. Maybe less often security updates, that's it. Support for both phones will be dropped with MIUI 14 or 15. Android 12 guaranteed, Android 13 possible.
    From my personal experience after using Xiaomi phones and their MIUI for 5 years now, MIUI is digusting in terms of bugs and battery perfomance, i am using now Mi 11 Lite 5G and everything is amazing about the device, but android system is taking up to 40% battery usage sometimes, and that is MIUI's fault, its not hardware fault for sure... cant wait for new update....
    In my case main battery killer is display. LCD in Redmi Note 8 Pro was using like 35% of what AMOLED uses in Mi Lite 11 5G. :(
    I bet they will be a few roms for this phone (I'm hoping for dotos or cherishos 🥺)
    You're talking about SD 778g? Damn, that's way too much..
    Yes. Crazy.