[SUPPORT THREAD] The Galaxy ~S5~ All in one support thread!**NOOB FRIENDLY**

Search This thread

osdiz

Feb 14, 2016
updated my s5 from 6.1 to LineageOS
wanted to go back to 6.1 because i had no data/or signal on lienage, restrored a nandroid (6.01) but could stuck in odin mode could not boot.

So i reset everytyhting, went back to 5.1 with Odin, then got the OF from android update to 6.1 again, rooted with CF auto root.

i am currently on 6.1 , but then i restore a nandroid(6.1) and during boot it say "could not do normal boot, ODIN MODE??

osdiz

Feb 14, 2016
Last edited:

Paul_Lunardi

May 28, 2015
Hi all

just wondering whether anyone has a stock marshmallow Rom that they'd recommend me download. my phone type is kltedv baseband version G900IDVU1CQD1 which I believe is the latest.

from Android 8 onwards I have had sporadic Bluetooth issues. it could be the actual device itself though it did seem to work great on the stock rom or a Bluetooth speaker.

thank you.

pmduper

Oct 11, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Hi all

just wondering whether anyone has a stock marshmallow Rom that they'd recommend me download. my phone type is kltedv baseband version G900IDVU1CQD1 which I believe is the latest.

from Android 8 onwards I have had sporadic Bluetooth issues. it could be the actual device itself though it did seem to work great on the stock rom or a Bluetooth speaker.

thank you.

Hi mate,
Same variant as mine.
I have the last stock Telstra MM build on my laptop. Are you on Telegram?
Cheers

Reactions: curiousrom

Paul_Lunardi

May 28, 2015
Hi mate,
Same variant as mine.
I have the last stock Telstra MM build on my laptop. Are you on Telegram?
Cheers
Howdy I'm not sure as to whether that would be the same one that I need as I purchased my phone outright.

when I've used sammobile in the past it was xsa or unbranded so I'm not sure whether that's important or not.

pmduper

Oct 11, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Howdy I'm not sure as to whether that would be the same one that I need as I purchased my phone outright.

when I've used sammobile in the past it was xsa or unbranded so I'm not sure whether that's important or not.

Hi mate,
Shouldn't matter. My g900i was bought through Telstra in 2014, however its unlocked as it was not on a prepaid plan.
I have in the past flashed Vodafone, XDA and Optus firmware in Australia and Telecom in NZ with no problems.
I have Telstra, Vodafone and XDA firmware which I download off Sam Mobile.

Happy to share if required :good:

Downloading S5 Original Samsung OS Tip

...I have Telstra, Vodafone and XDA firmware which I download off Sam Mobile.

Happy to share if required :good:

Thanks for that. :good::cool:

Check this out from https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html :

"Use either Frija or Samloader to download the latest firmware zip of your device directly from Samsung servers."

In Frija the CSC is required info. You can check if the original one for your device is shown in About phone or DevCheck > System > Product code's last 3 digits or check sammobile.com for example to find other CSC's.

Also Phone INFO Samsung > CSC CODE may also show the original one.

This said it's not required to flash the original Samsung stock with the same CSC.

Reactions: BlueCyclone

pmduper

Oct 11, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks for that. :good::cool:

Check this out from https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html :

"Use either Frija or Samloader to download the latest firmware zip of your device directly from Samsung servers."

In Frija the CSC is required info. You can check if the original one for your device is shown in About phone or DevCheck > System > Product code's last 3 digits or check sammobile.com for example to find other CSC's.

Also Phone INFO Samsung > CSC CODE may also show the original one.

This said it's not required to flash the original Samsung stock with the same CSC.
Hi @curiousrom
Thanks for your great info. I have installed Frija and amazed at how fast it downloaded my latest firmware for SM-G900I.
I had no idea this program existed. Even though I already have the download, I wished I had used it some time back :good:
@Paul_Lunardi I recommend you use this little program as it will save you time and headache :eek:

Thanks again mate :D

BruceElliott

Aug 31, 2010
San Antonio
TL;DR... Upon reviewing my posts I see that Ibuprohen helped me with this same issue two years ago. I may be getting too old for these youngster activities. lol

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to dirty-flash stock Marshmallow 6.0.1 to a Galaxy S5 KLTE (T-Mobile)? I believe that the answer is "no" because Android 6 firmware is a single *_HOME.tar.md5 file rather than having four distinct files with a choice of "HOME_CSC" or (dirty flash) or "CSC" (clean flash). (Specifically, I am flashing the last-released Samsung/T-Mobile stock firmware, "G900TUVU1GQC2_G900TTMB1GQC2_G900TUVU1GQC2_HOME.tar.md5"). On the other hand, maybe flashing without repartitioning (no pit file) will result in a dirty flash? If not, is there some other way to preserve the existing /data partition?

I (was) running the above firmware, rooted with Magisk v20.4 and with TWRP 3.2.1-0. Everything was running fine, with the phone locked down quite tightly using TitaniumPro Backup, NetGuard and a few other root-based tools. Between letting my removable SD card get full a few weeks ago and getting caught in Google's "SafetyNet" net, I managed to wreck my carefully tuned old phone. At one point TitaniumPro went bonkers and started to hang, probably because of the full external SD card. Soon after, on a rare visist to the Play Store, I saw that my phone was de-authorized. Shortly thereafter I found the Play Store app deleted from the phone altogether. Yep, no trace in /system/priv-apps where it should reside or anywhere else. And, an old version of the Magisk Manager app crashed when I tried to run it. Anyway, when I finally got around to figuring out how to properly format the new 128 GB SD card, copy the contents of the old SD card over, then attempt to restore the Play Store app yesterday I managed to soft brick the phone.

I would like to try a dirty flash re-install of stock Marshmallow to avoid a huge amount of tweaking done over a period of a few years that I cannot even remember now, so would appreciate any thoughts whether dirty flashing is possible with Marshmallow.

Many thanks!

Last edited:

dave678

Aug 17, 2019
I tried downgrading my S5 to Lollipop from Marshmallow and Odin said everything was fine but now the phone is stuck on the Verizon splash screen.

Garry58

Nov 13, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S5
My little buddy (G900F) started acting weirdly since yesterday. And I can't figure out what's wrong with it.
The ROM is randomly crashing which leads to infinite bootloop (recovery works fine, can flash any images, no issues).
The fix is to cool it down a bit and it starts normally again. It's definitely not the ROM (I tried multiple different ROMs, including full wipe and stock with stock recovery).
Obviously, I thought it simply overheats. I checked the temperatures, the phone reports 30-50 degrees on CPU/GPU on idle/low load and 30-40 for battery. Seems ok. I tried playing a game for half an hour, it reached 70-80 (!) degrees on CPU/GPU. No issues!

Would love to hear any ideas, because I don't have any.

tl;dr: can't figure out what's wrong with my phone. Any ROM crashes randomly under low load, which causes bootloop until you cool it down a bit (even though it doesn't actually overheat). At the same time, works fine under heavy load (reaching 80 degrees with no problems). Recovery is not affected, only ROM itself.

dave678

Aug 17, 2019
updated my s5 from 6.1 to LineageOS
wanted to go back to 6.1 because i had no data/or signal on lienage, restrored a nandroid (6.01) but could stuck in odin mode could not boot.

So i reset everytyhting, went back to 5.1 with Odin, then got the OF from android update to 6.1 again, rooted with CF auto root.

i am currently on 6.1 , but then i restore a nandroid(6.1) and during boot it say "could not do normal boot, ODIN MODE??
6.1? You mean 6.0.1.

Laugh2

Dec 18, 2016
Hi, I've three Galaxy S5 (SM-G900I) in the family - we like them.

Unfortunately a few weeks back one became very laggy and froze frequently. When restarting instead of the normal Samsung S5 splash/logo the entire screen is a noisy, static mix of individual, coloured pixels on a white background. Further, neither the Odin mode screen nor the stock Recovery screen appear - just the same coloured pixels on a white background.

Fortunately, if left for 5min or longer after booting the screen goes black and it can be woken by pressing the power button. The normal system then appears but continues to be laggy and frequently freezes. This makes me think that the hardware is OK and the issue concerns software or firmware.

What I've tried
1. Deleting photos, apps, and unneeded files freed up over 1GB of space. This didn't help.
2. A complete reset via the menu made no difference except to wipe everything, requiring therefore re-installation of everything.
3. Although the screen remains unusable during booting, I can boot into Odin mode and the stock Recovery by mimicking the required actions performed on one of the other S5, which is working fine.
4. Flashing the Stock ROM with Odin did not help.
5. Flashing the Stock ROM with Odin including the BL option did not help.
6. Flashing TWRP with Odin works - then booting into Recovery starts with the same unhelpful coloured pixels but after a while TWRP starts up and the screen is back to normal. :) Yeah!

.. however, the system remains laggy and the S5 still frequently freezes. I've not yet tried flashing a Custom ROM as I didn't think that'll help. (I'm running CarbonOS on the other phones - a really great ROM!)

Can anyone suggest a fix? The cause of this behaviour is unknown.

Last edited:

Eagle_Droid

May 13, 2021
The best Up to date Galaxy S5 G900H Custom ROM
Can anyone please send me the links to the best ROMs available for Galaxy S5 Exynos (G900H) Version? I couldn't find updated ROMs anywhere.

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
The best Up to date Galaxy S5 G900H Custom ROM
Can anyone please send me the links to the best ROMs available for Galaxy S5 Exynos (G900H) Version? I couldn't find updated ROMs anywhere.
For custom roms check this forum:
Maybe there you can find a rom that fits your needs.

Reactions: Eagle_Droid

uglylove

Jun 23, 2021
Hello everyone. I have 2 different type of samsung galaxy s5. One is single sim version(SM-G900FQ) klte. The other one is dual sim version(SM-G900FD) klteduos. I have very limited writing program knowledge. But, i am very good on hardware and other electronic stuffs.
I recently found out and installed BlissROM to my klte. ROM is working very smooth and good battery saving for normal usage.
Bad thing, there is no building for my klteduos(SM-G900FD). Depend on google search and my electronic knowledge. I installed single sim ROM(blissrom-klte) to my dual sim phone(klteduos). All functions were normal working and smooth as single sim phone. But, i realized SIMs don't activate by ROM. Then, i editted build.prop where is /system/system and added following tweaks.
persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds
ro.multisim.audio_follow_default_sim=false
ro.multisim.simslotcount=2
ro.telephony.ril.config=simactivation
ro.multi.rild=true
persist.multisim.config=dsds
persist.dsds.enabled=true
telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
persist.radio.add_power_save=1
ro.ril.delay_0=1
ro.ril.delay_1=2
After these tweaks, SIM1 activated and no service error at start up after a little waiting it's working normally. SIM1 network(4G,H,H+ etc.) and call functions are normal. Dual sim network selector revealed on statusbar(Selection disabled). In the other hand, SIM2 totally doesn't work and activate. ROM recognise second SIM slot now. But, there is no IMEI number read at sim slot2. I am seeing second sim slot information under setting menu on the about phone tab.
After these build.prop attempt. I started to compare ril files between single sim blissROM and dual sim bootleggerROM. I determined all ril files same as dual sim ROM files. Difference is libsec-ril.gsm.so libsec-ril.usc.so libsec-ril.vzw.so files. Dual sim ROM has no like those files. But, dual sim ROM has additional rild_dsds.rc file. Single sim ROM has no this file. I think the problem is starting at this point. ???
I couldn't find a way to activate second SIM on single SİM ROM so far. This problem is hardware and ROM communication issue. ROM and hardware doesn't recognise each other as it must be. I thought solution can be dual sim boot.img and installed dual sim boot.img to single ROM. Nothing changed. :( I know natural installed hardware must recognise by ROM first. I ran logic what can solve this error. I found information about kernel. I assumed kernel as windows bootloader. Then, maybe updating kernel for duos will solve this problem. I installed this kernel
to single sim ROM.
It didn't solve the problem too. I extracted modem.bin from stock ROM and installed it via odin. It didn't solve the problem too.
Well, depend on all of these information. What do you suggest me to get rid of this problem?
How can i convert dual sim ROM's rild_dsds.rc file to single sim ROM's libsec-ril.gsm.so, libsec-ril.usc.so, libsec-ril.vzw.so?
Sony Experia XZ(mapple) has same hardware(CPU) with dual sim galaxy S5. Sony experia blissROM extracted framework folder works normal on single sim ROM. I didn't try app folder yet.
How can i solve this sim2 activation problem on single ROM?
Thanks advance
Best regards.

Last edited:

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
G900V KLTE - BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH PHONE DIES UNEXPECTEDLY!!! (new battery)

Still having a problem with black screen of death. I had made a post about it earlier in the week but no response. I have kept everything basically the same, except I use Magisk 21.4-23 (newest) ,and TWRP 3.5.2 upgraded from 3.5.0 like maybe a couple months ago. Ever since last month have had the problem. I have brand new batteries installed as I thought maybe that was what was causing it (previous experience). Screen goes black, phone vibrates a couple times, then I have to battery pull to try to power on. Sometimes it works, other times it doesnt. In other instances have had screen freeze and get all static and soft reboot itself. I can see the white captive touch buttons working and sound but screen does not wake. Battery pulls for X amount of time does not solve the screen issue. I have flashed correct firmware several times in ODIN. I had this black screen issue and phone died while at the store earlier today. I need a phone thats dependable! This has been happening on any custom roms I use 14.1-18.1. I'm so frustrated I nearly broke my phone in half last night!

Any ideas what's causing the screen issue?

Top Liked Posts