Surface Laptop?

Search This thread

hamdan198

May 11, 2018
Hello. I need help installing Bliss-OS on my surface LAPTOP. Think of me as a complete noob, even though i ma not, just so we don't misunderstand how much the other knows, vice versa. You guys are amazing and i just want to dual-boot android x86 on my laptop.
Oh, sorry my problem is that when i boot it it works surprisingly well, i go into the OS then like remix OS, android x86, phoenix os, Ubuntu the keyboard doesn't work and i have to attach an external keyboard. I want my keyboard to work so i don't look like guy with laptop, screen and KEYBOARD, using a keyboard? If you need more details please tell, thankyou

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Hello. I need help installing Bliss-OS on my surface LAPTOP. Think of me as a complete noob, even though i ma not, just so we don't misunderstand how much the other knows, vice versa. You guys are amazing and i just want to dual-boot android x86 on my laptop.
Oh, sorry my problem is that when i boot it it works surprisingly well, i go into the OS then like remix OS, android x86, phoenix os, Ubuntu the keyboard doesn't work and i have to attach an external keyboard. I want my keyboard to work so i don't look like guy with laptop, screen and KEYBOARD, using a keyboard? If you need more details please tell, thankyou

That's quite the odd issue. Have you asked this in the Bliss OS (x86) thread? https://forum.xda-developers.com/bliss-roms/bliss-roms-development/x86-bliss-x86-pc-s-t3534657

ModestExcuse

Sep 25, 2018
Springfield, Oregon
Any Luck?

I have the same issue on my Surface Laptop 2. Every install I try, no matter what it is, I have no keyboard. I am able to plug in a USB keyboard, but as you said, that really doesn't work for me.

Did you find any solutions?? I have no clue what to do. SUCKS not having a keyboard and I'm loving BlissOS.

hamdan198

May 11, 2018
I have the same issue on my Surface Laptop 2. Every install I try, no matter what it is, I have no keyboard. I am able to plug in a USB keyboard, but as you said, that really doesn't work for me.

Did you find any solutions?? I have no clue what to do. SUCKS not having a keyboard and I'm loving BlissOS.

Unfortunately no, keyboard doesn't work on BlissOS yet.
I asked the developer and he said he would be implementing drivers to make it work

I did get ubuntu to work - You might want to check this out:
https://github.com/qzed/linux-surface/ :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: PwnHkr

PwnHkr

Aug 19, 2010
Modesto, CA
I asked the developer and he said he would be implementing drivers to make it work

I run the linux-surface kernel w/ Ubuntu on my SL3, and it runs great. I’m having issues getting Bliss OS to even boot off the usb; assuming I get it on, is there a way to install the linux-surface kernel in Bliss or would I break everything? It’s been a while since I’ve messed with Android so sorry in advance! (Also with the SL3; the Keyboard, mouse, and touchscreen do not work right off the bat with any linux distro/flavour afaik until you install the linux-surface kernel)

NitroBN

Apr 24, 2021
Yes, the easiest way to install the Linux surface modules for android is via gearlock using the gxp files available from gearlock forums. Install both the surface kernel module and the daemon from gearlock recovery menu during android boot up not from within android terminal. Touch screen may not work from every boot has been my only issue.

you can use gearlocks windows advanced android installer to install android and include gearlock from windows as well or install gearlock to most flavours of android x86 after the osnhas been installed.

you are also better off placing any gxp files into the dedicated gearlock folder as thats easily visible to gearlock during recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.