General Survey of SM-A528B A52S 5g phones

Search This thread

bobfrantic

Aug 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Anyone who has disabled the bootloader of your phone only to find the camera has be rendered useless, please respond with your country and csc please.
I'll start:
I'm in the luxembourg region with csc LUX.

This may be way to show Samsung how widespread this issue is.

And thanks in advance for your contribution.

and don't be shy..... hehe 😄

Last edited:
Reactions: xpaulosergio
Anyone who has disabled the bootloader of your phone only to find the camera has be rendered useless, please respond with your country and csc please.
I'll start:

telephone from belgium with the csc : LUX
and yes I have camera problems when unlocking the bootloader

Reactions: bobfrantic

bobfrantic

Aug 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Incredible, I am told the issue with the camera failing while bootloader is unlocked is a hardware issue that would require us taking our phones into repair! Is this true? Who believes this?? I do NOT!!!

Screenshot_20220117-144900_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: xumixu

jj!

Jan 4, 2022
Incredible, I am told the issue with the camera failing while bootloader is unlocked is a hardware issue that would require us taking our phones into repair! Is this true? Who believes this?? I do NOT!!!

View attachment 5510739
You could point them to:
"Samsung has addressed this issue in the second One UI 4 beta release for the Galaxy Z Fold 3 (firmware version ZUKA), and all camera functions continue to work after unlocking the bootloader on this version of the software."
from: https://www.xda-developers.com/boot...83.1419094668.1642422099-818708629.1642165735

bobfrantic

Aug 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
You could point them to:
"Samsung has addressed this issue in the second One UI 4 beta release for the Galaxy Z Fold 3 (firmware version ZUKA), and all camera functions continue to work after unlocking the bootloader on this version of the software."
from: https://www.xda-developers.com/boot...83.1419094668.1642422099-818708629.1642165735
I have several times and also showed them a picture showing they knew unlocking bootloader breaks the camera. They are stubbornly ignoring these things....

bobfrantic

Aug 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
And so, Samsung support's only course of action is we must take our phones to a repair center. They cannot send the information to higher levels from the support department. Spam them on Twitter, Facebook, Messenger and Samsung Members will only frustrate with no promise our complaint will reach the people that should be informed of our displeasure...

gorbyebrius

Jan 20, 2022
Sweden with NEE as csc, unlocking breaks camera... Very disappointed, I was close to getting the Xiaomi 11T but opted for this one which I now regret... Going non-root is a complete deal-breaker for me.

bobfrantic

Aug 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
It was actually a global message so if any one in this survey could bring his phone to a Samsung repair center we would know if this is really a hardware issue or simply a software issue. If it's a hardware one and if that could only be done by a SRC that means this could be a very expensive operation globally for Samsung...
Some of you might also think about a class action against Samsung...

PS : @bobfrantic , I thought 1 hour would be more than enough to cross your country from North to South or from East to West, unless there is no Samsung Repair Center in your country... lol
I apologize if I hurt anyone living in your country, included yourself of course. ;)
it may be one hour as crow flies.. but i don't fly and i am not a crow hahaha

bobfrantic

Aug 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
I'm curious. Has anyone taken their phone to a service center to see if they can fix the issue of camera failure when the boot loader is unlocked? If so, please report if they can correct the issue or if they confirm it is a firmware issue that Samsung has to corrected in an update... thanks in advance.

bobfrantic

Aug 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
If your nearest repair center is too far from your home, you can ask Samsung to supply you a prepaid formula to return your phone to an official repair center so you won't have to pay anything by yourself and then they should retourn it to you repaired at no charge !

Other solution bring it back to where you bought your phone if it's closer (make take a bit longer delay)
I may look into this but, I hope that in the next firmware update things maybe, a big maybe corrected as I believe it is a firmware issue with faulty coding in there somewhere... because with the z fold 3 phones getting the same issue fixed with their update to android 12... see:

in the second paragraph, user @exocetd has said there is a file can be modified to correct this issue and I wonder if he has released the name of the file and what modifications to it to fix the issue..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't understand why my response to this post has been deleted ???

Not sure, I don't remember what you wrote. PM me if you have it saved anywhere so I can investigate... sorry. I just got tired of the bs. all i am saying.

It should fixed now. Sorry about the mistake.

Cheers: Badger50
    Ok, discussion about warranty is ended. IMHO this has gotten way off topic. Was supposed be a survey of peoples experience with unlocking boot loader and camera, not legal warranty issues that no one wants agree. So I will be asking a moderator to clean things up to get back on topic.
    I'll start:

and don't be shy..... hehe 😄
    I'll start:

telephone from belgium with the csc : LUX
    telephone from Brazil with the csc : OWO