• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SUSPEND] VOLTE fix for those who had lost after flashing stock(DON'T FOLLOW THIS)

IS THIS TUTORIAL HELPFULL?

• YES

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • NO

Votes: 22 33.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

akshu2697

Dec 6, 2016
EDIT
I HAVE DELETE THIS THREAD BECAUSE BY USING THIS METHOD PEOPLE MAY LOOSE THEIR IMEI if they don't have any efs backup ,
People apply this METHOD who has no IMEI Surely this method was only for those who already had efs backup ,
but now people thinks that it may bring IMEI,,which is not the proper way for restoring imei.
So to stop this misconception i am deleting all files and SUSPEND this thread

Moderator Edit:

Members wishing to try this are advised to take extreme caution. This Thread may explain: HERE

Last edited:

Arunxyz

Jan 25, 2014
hyderabad
It worked like a charm!!!!!

THANKYOU VERY MUCH FRIEND...
it worked ....:laugh::good::good::D:D
my device is xt 1686 indian variant and i had hardbricked my mobile 6 months ago and unbricked using albus blankflash...
and since then using debloated roms or pixel experience rom...
after november patch.. i flashed flashable stock rom from twrp and i lost imei and volte...
i tried the solutions to recover 4g and imei and but couldnot get volte back since then...
now i am using twrp flashable january security patch and i dont have volte... i even dont have an option in my mobile networks to toggle enhanced 4g LTE mode...
now thanks to you .. your solution has worked like a charm ...
i downloaded your persist backup and placed it in my twrp backup folder and went in to twrp recovery and recovered my efs backup and next persist backup and restart system and voila my volte is back ....:good::good:

Reactions: satyam8539

akshu2697

Dec 6, 2016
THANKYOU VERY MUCH FRIEND...
it worked ....:laugh::good::good::D:D
my device is xt 1686 indian variant and i had hardbricked my mobile 6 months ago and unbricked using albus blankflash...
and since then using debloated roms or pixel experience rom...
after november patch.. i flashed flashable stock rom from twrp and i lost imei and volte...
i tried the solutions to recover 4g and imei and but couldnot get volte back since then...
now i am using twrp flashable january security patch and i dont have volte... i even dont have an option in my mobile networks to toggle enhanced 4g LTE mode...
now thanks to you .. your solution has worked like a charm ...
i downloaded your persist backup and placed it in my twrp backup folder and went in to twrp recovery and recovered my efs backup and next persist backup and restart system and voila my volte is back ....:good::good:

welcome brother,now backup your volte working efs so in future if anythings goes wrong then it will helpful.

Reactions: Arunxyz

akshu2697

Dec 6, 2016
bro can i try this method for g5s plus xt1804 as well ?

MAY BE YES,YOU CAN,BUT TAKE BACKUP OF ALL PARTITION BEFORE TRY.
this persist backup is from moto g4 plus and it is working for moto g5 plus so may be it should work for g5s plus too.
but remember i am not responsible for anything if it goes wrong( but it better to take risk when nothing works :D )

my gut says,it should work,so if you want ,then give it a shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: pratham.kamath

irfanalinawaz

Oct 19, 2015
New Delhi
Samsung Galaxy S10
hey guys good news for you all,
i have found the solution for volte.
download persist backup from attachment(this backup is from moto g4 plus,i had restore it on my moto g5 plus and i got volte :D)
1)Flash stock rom with twrp or with fastboot,both will going to work.
2)Now you have to put this backup in twrp backup folder.
3)after this first you have to restore your own efs backup.
4)then restore this persist backup.

remember"do at your own risk",i am not responsible for anything if it goes wrong
this method is working for me so i am telling you all,and before do this please take your whole phone backup including every partition.

this can also be done if some one can provide our moto g5 plus persist backup,so if anyone has working volte then provide us moto g5 plus persist backup from twrp,then it is also usefull for all of us,THANK YOU
May I lock bootloader again after flashing this?

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs

akshu2697

Dec 6, 2016

Unzip that persist file,
Put that file in your efs backup folder ,
After boot in twrp and go to restore,
Then in restore restore your efs ,you will see persist will also there ,so restore that persist after restoring efs.

In other words ,
#Unzip persist
#Open your efs backup folder of twrp in file manager
#Paste persist file in efs backup folder
#now boot in to twrp
#restore that efs ,in efs you will see efs and persist both will be there,
#so first restore efs then persist

See my attachment (how to put that file in twrp)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180405-140459.jpg
    Screenshot_20180405-140459.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 697
Last edited:

pranjal24

Aug 6, 2015
Ahmedabad
can someone please give a step by step guide of this method. I haven't tried anything like this so pls help me. I am on stock rom and bootloader locked. I really want to get my volte.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT
    I HAVE DELETE THIS THREAD BECAUSE BY USING THIS METHOD PEOPLE MAY LOOSE THEIR IMEI if they don't have any efs backup ,
    People apply this METHOD who has no IMEI Surely this method was only for those who already had efs backup ,
    but now people thinks that it may bring IMEI,,which is not the proper way for restoring imei.
    So to stop this misconception i am deleting all files and SUSPEND this thread

Moderator Edit:

Members wishing to try this are advised to take extreme caution. This Thread may explain: HERE
    persist does not contain any IMEI info.
    This is my persist backup. which i took from twrp. Hope it helps
    D
    Deleted member 4736004
    I'd strongly advise mods to suspend this thread. Persist is unique to each device and contains sensitive info like IMEI. Flashing this means overwriting unique hob binaries resulting in a permanent loss of IMEI. On top of that, sensors and led will be miscalibrated since this is g4+ persist.
    Link for the downloading and steps to be followed for stock ROM please?

Download any TWRP FLASHBLE ZIP STOCK ROM from forum,
    #FLASH THAT STOCK ROM USING TWRP
    #RESTORE YOUR OWN EFS BACKUP
    #RESTORE PERSIST BACKUP
    #REBOOT
    I don't know how to do that,if anyone know how to edit/modify then it will be very helpful.

Well, from an adb shell on my never unlocked G5 plus, I can see:

Code:
    1|potter:/dev $ mount
    rootfs on / type rootfs (ro,seclabel,size=1737968k,nr_inodes=154645)
    tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,size=1843448k,nr_inodes=155161,mode=755)
    devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=600)
    proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime,gid=3014,hidepid=2)
    sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,seclabel,relatime)
    selinuxfs on /sys/fs/selinux type selinuxfs (rw,relatime)
    debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,seclabel,relatime)
    none on /acct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)
    tmpfs on /mnt type tmpfs (rw,seclabel,relatime,size=1843448k,nr_inodes=155161,mode=755,gid=1000)
    none on /dev/cpuctl type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)
    pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,seclabel,relatime)
    /dev/block/dm-0 on /system type ext4 (ro,seclabel,relatime,discard,data=ordered,inode_readahead_blks=8)
    /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cache on /cache type ext4 (rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,data=ordered)
    [B]/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist on /persist type ext4 (rw,defcontext=u:object_r:persist_file:s0,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered)
    [/B]/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/dsp on /dsp type ext4 (ro,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered)
    /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem on /firmware type ext4 (ro,context=u:object_r:firmware_file:s0,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered)
    /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fsg on /fsg type ext4 (ro,context=u:object_r:fsg_file:s0,nosuid,nodev,relatime)
    adb on /dev/usb-ffs/adb type functionfs (rw,relatime)
    /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/oem on /oem type ext4 (ro,context=u:object_r:oemfs:s0,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered)
    tmpfs on /storage type tmpfs (rw,seclabel,relatime,size=1843448k,nr_inodes=155161,mode=755,gid=1000)
    /dev/block/dm-1 on /data type f2fs (rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,background_gc=on,discard,user_xattr,inline_xattr,acl,inline_data,nobarrier,extent_cache,active_logs=6)
    /data/media on /mnt/runtime/default/emulated type esdfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,upper=0:1015:660:771,derive=multi,noconfine)
    /data/media on /storage/emulated type esdfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,upper=0:1015:660:771,derive=multi,noconfine)
    /data/media on /mnt/runtime/read/emulated type esdfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,upper=0:9997:640:750,derive=multi,noconfine)
    /data/media on /mnt/runtime/write/emulated type esdfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,upper=0:9997:640:770,derive=multi,noconfine)
    /dev/block/vold/public:179,65 on /mnt/media_rw/10CE-8F95 type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1023,gid=1023,fmask=0007,dmask=0007,allow_utime=0020,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
    /dev/block/vold/public:179,65 on /mnt/secure/asec type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1023,gid=1023,fmask=0007,dmask=0007,allow_utime=0020,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
    /mnt/media_rw/10CE-8F95 on /mnt/runtime/default/10CE-8F95 type esdfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,upper=0:1015:660:771,derive=public,confine)
    /mnt/media_rw/10CE-8F95 on /storage/10CE-8F95 type esdfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,upper=0:1015:660:771,derive=public,confine)
    /mnt/media_rw/10CE-8F95 on /mnt/runtime/read/10CE-8F95 type esdfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,upper=0:9997:640:750,derive=public,confine)
    /mnt/media_rw/10CE-8F95 on /mnt/runtime/write/10CE-8F95 type esdfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,upper=0:9997:640:770,derive=public,confine)

attempting to rip the persist partition and write it to my external SD card however:

Code:
    1|potter:/persist $ dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/mnt/media_rw/10CE-8F95/persist.img
    dd: /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist: Permission denied

similarly

Code:
    2|potter:/dev $ cd /persist
    127|potter:/persist $ ls
    ls: .: Permission denied

So, without root I'm not sure I can get the image out. So I believe we need someone who has unlocked their bootloader and rooted their phone without ever flashing a custom ROM to do the above.