• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Suzuki SLDA

Search This thread

jacgoh

Sep 20, 2012
RP/DE/NO
Hi all,
maybe someone can help me. I just change my phone and i bought the new Xiaomi 11T ( it has been release on 13/10/2021, so just one week ago ).
Anyway with the new phone Android Auto doesn't run. The bluethoot connection is working properly and i can do calls and send text message, but the Android Auto doens't start, the infotainement show "Plug-in the smartphone".

I already try my phone in other machine ( more old than mine suzuki swift 2020+ ) and Android Auto works correctly so seems that the problem is on the suzuki swift infotainment.

Could please someone help to understand what to do?
And have someone the same problem?

The software version of my infotainment is 1880_190821.

Thanks a lot,
Salvo
Maybe tell me what kind of rom you have? Because the Eu version android auto works without any problem...

jacgoh

Sep 20, 2012
RP/DE/NO
'll look for it and give you the link, but it said there were some problems with dualsim... Hmmm you had to choose only one card in the global roma and in the EU it worked without this problem

Sep 6, 2021
I have Redmi Note 10 Pro. AA works fine with SLDA. My room is global 12.5.3.0 (RKFEUXM). Baseus Cafule cable | USB cable - USB-C Type-C Quick Charge 3.0 3A 50cm and Baseus Nimble USB-C Cable 23cm Black (BSU015BLK) and the original.

Reactions: Lasi64

ayman2022

Oct 24, 2021
Hei there i have maps sd2-Suzuki-SLN_EUR_2020 zip i don't know how i can copy to sd i try but every time not work

Mirtuk

Oct 25, 2021
Here is the wiring diagram. I believe you should connect your unit's reverse wire to G243-2 On your unit the reverse wire should be G5 on the power connector.
As for the second adapter, that looks like an adapter for the SLDA to connect an aftermarket reverse camera, not what you need.
Hi, I have a SUZUKI JIMNY 2020 with SLDA but it does not have the cables that go to the white 5-pin connector (G243), I had problems with Android Auto since there was no parking brake cable, the screen said all the time that stop the car and put the parking brake, I solved it by connecting G243-1 to ground.

Now I have another problem, I want to install the OEM SUZUKI rear view camera but there is also no reverse cable that carries the signal to G243-2, I have got a harness (first image) for the white connector (G243) and it brings a loose wire for reverse but I don't know where to connect it to the car, Can I connect it to +12V of the reverse light or will I burn the SLDA? I attach some pictures.
IMG_20211026_003337.jpg
IMG_20211024_190512.jpg
IMG_20211024_185822.jpg
IMG_20211024_190840.jpg

I appreciate your knowledge.

Thanks!

dzsi

Aug 31, 2010
Hello everyone. What could be the problem? When rewriting a CID, the numbers do not match. I enter the number I want, but it doesn't record it. The last few characters are incorrect. What do I do wrong?

Attachments

• Névtelen.png
    Névtelen.png
    17.6 MB · Views: 105

fxjacem

Jun 20, 2020
Hello everyone. What could be the problem? When rewriting a CID, the numbers do not match. I enter the number I want, but it doesn't record it. The last few characters are incorrect. What do I do wrong?

According to my memories, I had one last year. I didn't understand, but I put the card in the car and the map worked (I didn't understand that either :D )

d3smond

Aug 8, 2020
I bought a Suzuki Vitara S 2016, not sure if it comes with maps or if there is no SD but even if it comes with maps they are probably old so I ordered a CID changeable card, then I just download the latest 2021 map from here and it should work when I insert it to the car? On my previous car the maps were tied to the vin of the car so didn't seem possible to use downloaded maps and I didn't want to pay 150 EUR.

d3smond

Aug 8, 2020
I have received the CID changeable card and it works fine.
The seller changed CID before shipping and he dispatched the card same day that I ordered.
There was a "Suzuki SLDA Upgrade Kit Here 2021" label sticker in the package which I didn't request but I guess he sent it anyway because he knows what the CID is for.

The navigation looks basic but it worked well during the time I tested it.
When searching for an address or poi it is quick and responsive unlike some of the GPS units that I have dealt with in the past which were laggy. The voice is TTS so it speaks the street names too which is nice.

Had just one issue while I was testing out the navigation, the infotainment system restarted all of sudden after 10 minutes of driving and it was showing that no maps card are inserted but after a few minutes it recognized the card and was working fine during the 2 hours ride.

I think I will use AA Google Maps more but it's nice to have backup navigation in case of no internet connection.
I have a newer Xiaomi phone with a custom pure Pixel Android 12 rom so Android Auto is working flawlessly for me.

DazzaSport

Feb 3, 2020
FINALLY RESOLVED!!!

A few times in the past, I've reported issues with using Android Auto with the Suzuki SLDA unit. I tried absolutely everything to resolve the issues. Which comprised of updating the SLDA firmware (currently 1880), multiple different USB cables, and even tried two different Android phones. None of which resolved the problems I had using AA. For the most part, the biggest problem was dodgy audio. Basically when listening to music via AA, it would work fine for a bit - and then the audio quality would get worse. The playback would get 'patchy', sometimes to the point of being unbearable. Another problem was the random disconnects. Basically, AA would disconnect - and then you would get a message on the display saying that android auto had disconnected, try connecting again. Fumbling around whilst driving is not a good idea. Anyway, I eventually gave up using AA entirely. I replaced the SD-Card (maps) on my SLDA with all of my music on an SD-card... and for the past YEAR I've been successfully listening to my music through that. Using AA was a waste of time. Until now!

Anyway, I was in the market for a new phone. My previous phone was a Sony, the one before that was a OnePlus 6. The OnePlus was a particularly powerful phone - but had exactly the same issues with AA as the slightly less powerful Sony. So, I figured I would try and buy a phone this time - that would have the best chance of working with AA successfully. Google made the Android OS - Android Auto too. So, I figured if I buy a Google phone - it would be my best hope of finally getting this working. IF the phone itself was the issue. So, I bought a Google Pixel 6 - running Android 12 out of the box.

And... it works PERFECTLY with Android Auto. I've used it 3 times in the car now. For nearly 4 hours of drive time (total). It has NOT disconnected once. It's NOT played any dodgy audio once. It HAS always remained fast and responsive when operating via the SLDA.

So, after YEARS of battling with Android Auto in my Suzuki Swift Sport. Eventually giving up entirely. I now have a fully functioning AND usable Android Auto installation.

I am now very happy, as I can finally use the ICE as I originally intended. Via music on my phone. I'm such a happy bunny!

So, if anyone STILL has issues with their handset. Consider a Google Pixel 6 (or perhaps older Pixel models as well). It just WORKS!!!!

See ya!

m00n61

I'm afraid I have bad news. Xiaomi phones are famous for not having Android Auto support. I don't know if something changed in the last few months but every single Xiaomi phone I tried in the past with AA, none of them worked.
I have no issue with my POCO X3. The only phones I know that have big issues with AA are/were OnePlus and Huawei.

m00n61

Hi all,
maybe someone can help me. I just change my phone and i bought the new Xiaomi 11T ( it has been release on 13/10/2021, so just one week ago ).
Anyway with the new phone Android Auto doesn't run. The bluethoot connection is working properly and i can do calls and send text message, but the Android Auto doens't start, the infotainement show "Plug-in the smartphone".

I already try my phone in other machine ( more old than mine suzuki swift 2020+ ) and Android Auto works correctly so seems that the problem is on the suzuki swift infotainment.

Could please someone help to understand what to do?
And have someone the same problem?

The software version of my infotainment is 1880_190821.

Thanks a lot,
Salvo
Can you use the USB slot for music? The problem may be in the connection between your car's USB port and SLDA, even though it shouldn't appear on a car that new.
WHen you plug in the phone, is it charging?

noctilion

Oct 19, 2021
Can you use the USB slot for music? The problem may be in the connection between your car's USB port and SLDA, even though it shouldn't appear on a car that new.
WHen you plug in the phone, is it charging?
Thanks for your reply, yes when I plug in by USB the phone is charging and the SLDA can read the music file on the phone.

Top Liked Posts