• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Suzuki SLDA

Search This thread

mauriciomatos

Aug 2, 2017
Viseu
I have no issue with my POCO X3. The only phones I know that have big issues with AA are/were OnePlus and Huawei.

Yeah...my experience with it was a couple of years ago and I wrote my post based on that. A few days ago I tried out a Redmi Note 10 Pro and it worked well. It may be because on previous versions of Android, AA was a stand alone app and now it's baked into Android.

Reactions: m00n61

zlihtar2

Jun 15, 2015
Ok thanks for the answer. Everything works, I used a different archiver and it went without a problem.
Hello my friend! Question ... I'm a little confused, I just downloaded the SUZUKI NAV 2021. The previous version was bigger (see attach). Why?

Attachments

• Maps.JPG
    Maps.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 43

vavander

Dec 1, 2021
Hi there! The problem is in the BOSCH SLDA. I replaced the CID on the SD, upload the navigation and music and everything worked for a couple of months. Then the SLDA began to arbitrarily reboot. By immediately after the start, then after 1 hour and several times. When you take out the SD, everything is fine. I can not format the SD. You bet on the format, writes that everything is formatted, but in fact, everything is as it is. Is it necessary to throw out the SD or did something happen on the SLDA? Firmware - 1880.
Thanks in advance.

llaumgui007

Aug 30, 2009
Prades le Lez
blog.kulakowski.fr
Maruti Suzuki SLDA firmware 1780 zip, download link
version 1780_190821
unzip the contents into a formatted (FAT32) usb drive, insert into the car and start the car, it will automatically detect and update will start.
it will take around 10 to 15 minutes for the update to complete.
Download from here
It' the last version ? Currently I have version AI_PRJ_SUZUKI_UG_EU_SOP6_LINUX_18.OS01, your link seem to be AI_PRJ_SUZUKI_UG_GEX_SOP8_LINUX_19 but it's not an european version ?

jacgoh

Sep 20, 2012
RP/DE/NO
FINALLY RESOLVED!!!

A few times in the past, I've reported issues with using Android Auto with the Suzuki SLDA unit. I tried absolutely everything to resolve the issues. Which comprised of updating the SLDA firmware (currently 1880), multiple different USB cables, and even tried two different Android phones. None of which resolved the problems I had using AA. For the most part, the biggest problem was dodgy audio. Basically when listening to music via AA, it would work fine for a bit - and then the audio quality would get worse. The playback would get 'patchy', sometimes to the point of being unbearable. Another problem was the random disconnects. Basically, AA would disconnect - and then you would get a message on the display saying that android auto had disconnected, try connecting again. Fumbling around whilst driving is not a good idea. Anyway, I eventually gave up using AA entirely. I replaced the SD-Card (maps) on my SLDA with all of my music on an SD-card... and for the past YEAR I've been successfully listening to my music through that. Using AA was a waste of time. Until now!

Anyway, I was in the market for a new phone. My previous phone was a Sony, the one before that was a OnePlus 6. The OnePlus was a particularly powerful phone - but had exactly the same issues with AA as the slightly less powerful Sony. So, I figured I would try and buy a phone this time - that would have the best chance of working with AA successfully. Google made the Android OS - Android Auto too. So, I figured if I buy a Google phone - it would be my best hope of finally getting this working. IF the phone itself was the issue. So, I bought a Google Pixel 6 - running Android 12 out of the box.

And... it works PERFECTLY with Android Auto. I've used it 3 times in the car now. For nearly 4 hours of drive time (total). It has NOT disconnected once. It's NOT played any dodgy audio once. It HAS always remained fast and responsive when operating via the SLDA.

So, after YEARS of battling with Android Auto in my Suzuki Swift Sport. Eventually giving up entirely. I now have a fully functioning AND usable Android Auto installation.

I am now very happy, as I can finally use the ICE as I originally intended. Via music on my phone. I'm such a happy bunny!

So, if anyone STILL has issues with their handset. Consider a Google Pixel 6 (or perhaps older Pixel models as well). It just WORKS!!!!

See ya!
I don't know why you wrote this.... A gp6 commercial? On S8 S10 OP 7pro everything related to AA always works PERFECTLY. So what's the big deal???

michalflondra

Nov 7, 2015
Hi, i have some trouble with downloading SLDA Map 2021 from MEGA. It break my transfer and show me alert that i used all free monthly transfer or file is to large. Maybe the service changed their rules? Can anybody put his map files into any other upload service for me? I would be greatfull.

jacgoh

Sep 20, 2012
RP/DE/NO
Hi, i have some trouble with downloading SLDA Map 2021 from MEGA. It break my transfer and show me alert that i used all free monthly transfer or file is to large. Maybe the service changed their rules? Can anybody put his map files into any other upload service for me? I would be greatfull.
Monthly? Wait a few hours and start the download again in the app on your comp...the app will start the download where it left off before....Write where to make a drop-in for you....

Gello94

Dec 30, 2010
Hi all,
maybe someone can help me. I just change my phone and i bought the new Xiaomi 11T ( it has been release on 13/10/2021, so just one week ago ).
Anyway with the new phone Android Auto doesn't run. The bluethoot connection is working properly and i can do calls and send text message, but the Android Auto doens't start, the infotainement show "Plug-in the smartphone".

I already try my phone in other machine ( more old than mine suzuki swift 2020+ ) and Android Auto works correctly so seems that the problem is on the suzuki swift infotainment.

Could please someone help to understand what to do?
And have someone the same problem?

The software version of my infotainment is 1880_190821.

Thanks a lot,
Salvo
I had the same problem with my 10T, then i bought a better type c cable and it worked. Got it for a bigger price but the phone never had a problem on AA since then.
I only still have the Bluetooth connection bug that would connect for phone calls but not for media, but this is a know bug on Miui 12.1 and over.
Miui is well known for its bug.

noctilion

Oct 19, 2021
I had the same problem with my 10T, then i bought a better type c cable and it worked. Got it for a bigger price but the phone never had a problem on AA since then.
I only still have the Bluetooth connection bug that would connect for phone calls but not for media, but this is a know bug on Miui 12.1 and over.
Miui is well known for its bug.
Thanks for your reply.
Really nice to know, can you share with me the cable name or where can I buy it?
Anyway, just for a complete info, I'm using the original cable Xiaomi found with the smartphone.

DazzaSport

Feb 3, 2020
I don't know why you wrote this.... A gp6 commercial? On S8 S10 OP 7pro everything related to AA always works PERFECTLY. So what's the big deal???
Erm... I wrote it because I've reported issues about using other phones with Android Auto going back 2 years on this very forum thread!!!

No... I'm not advertising for the GP6. I'm merely stating that after trying many phones with the Suzuki SLDA unit... that this was the first phone to work successfully. Great that you have a phone that works. But, if you take a good look around the internet - there are a LOT of people having issues with getting AA working properly. For some - that is a major inconvenience. Let's face it, if you've just spent a fortune on a new phone - but it doesn't work very well with AA. You're not likely to throw your money away and get yet another new phone in the hope of finding one that works fine with AA.

So, even though this is not a big deal for you. It was a HUGE deal for me. I've been wanting this to work properly in my car for over 2 years.

Personally, I don't care what phones people buy. All I'm doing is reporting my own experience here on this thread. If that helps someone get their own AA experience working properly. Then great.

Reactions: badmania98

koudy66

Nov 16, 2013
Finally card from smart sd card arrived (about a month of waiting and it's within europe so be patient if you are still waiting :) ). Changed CID, no problems. Downloaded the maps archive some time ago but what i don't know is what should be the directory structure on the card for these map to work.
Same as it is in the archive? So in root of the card there will be SUZUKI NAV 2021 ?

koudy66

Nov 16, 2013
Managed to test it today and everything works nicely. Thanks for all the advices and guides!
Car says it's "installing" navigation every time the key is turned in ignition but i tribute it to just lost in translation problem. Also this takes a bit of time (say, 10-15s) but i guess that's caused by card only being class 6 so not THAT fast. Most likely more than enough for this use tho. No other was available when i was ordering so it is what it is.

sanchez13

Jul 7, 2008
Car says it's "installing" navigation every time the key is turned in ignition but i tribute it to just lost in translation problem. Also this takes a bit of time (say, 10-15s) but i guess that's caused by card only being class 6 so not THAT fast. Most likely more than enough for this use tho. No other was available when i was ordering so it is what it is.
It is normal. Navigation is not permanently installed and only works when an SD card is inserted. Therefore, SLDA checks the SD card after every start and if it finds a valid navigation, it will install it ...

By the way, if you have a larger card (I use 64GB), you can create a Music directory in the root of SD card and copy your music there, for example in mp3 format. SLDA can simultaneously navigate and play music from the same SD card :)

S.

koudy66

Nov 16, 2013
Yes i know about music. This is 32GB card so still plenty of space for audio as well in case it would be needed/required.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello folks,
    thanks to sergiupapuc_gmail we have EU 1890 Firmware.
    Download link: SLDA_SOP9_EU.zip
    1. APPLICABLE MODEL
    SX4 S-CROSS (AKK series) BOSCH SLDA unit originally installed
    VITARA (APK series) BOSCH SLDA unit originally installed
    (For the Software Version, see “4. PART INFORMATION”.)
    2. CONDITION / DESCRIPTION
    (1) The following operations have been improved by software Ver. 1890/1790.
    - Turning off the engine with USB media source selected may cause SLDA to reboot
    repeatedly on the next boot.
    - There are mistakes in the translation of the setting items when “French” is selected.
    (2) The following operations have been improved by past software update.
    a) Accurate current vehicle position was not displayed.
    b) Picture from the rear-view camera was improperly displayed.
    c) Touch panel operation might become impossible when inserting USB memory.
    d) SLDA did not switch on/off, restarted automatically and froze due to failure of task process.
    e) SLDA restarted when searching POI.
    f) Clock time manually set was automatically reset.
    g) CarPlay may not correct automatically when starting up system.
    h) SLDA unit may freeze, when connecting the mobile phone (music is not contained) via
    Bluetooth and then selecting Bluetooth audio in MODE button on steering wheel remote
    control.
    i) While driving at night, the screen may become bright for a moment.
    j) Icon of TA (Traffic Announcement) may display “x” (“x” means that the function is not
    available), though TA in radio (FM, DAB) recognizes the broadcast station. (P02, P2, P90
    only)
    k) When driving at the altitude between 1,000m and 1,999m, ‘1km’ message is displayed in
    screen at all times.
    l) Music operation may become impossible after playing the last number in music folder
    under the condition that Repeat function is off.
    m) During use of Voice Control, Call<Contact> in main menu may be grayed out, though mobile
    terminal device that supports Voice Control is connected.
    n) SLDA may reboot repeatedly, when connecting via Bluetooth a mobile phone whose phone
    book have particular character such as “.”, “-“, “_” etc.
    3. CORRECTIVE ACTION
    Operation software of SLDA has been improved.
    Hi everyone. I see firmware version 1790 /1890 is now available. Has anyone been able to update their units and know what changes has been applied?
    This parts catalogue covers all service parts for SUZUKI VITARA APK310-3,APK414-3,
    APK415-3,APK414-4.
    APK310-3,APK414-3, APK415-3,APK414-4 have various specifications with the
    combination of grade,
    intended markets etc., and all of those related parts are compiled in this catalogue.
    For easier and exact reference of parts required for a certain vehicle,
    various marks are put in the remarks column of the catalogue.
    Exact parts required can be located by referring to this remark, the engine serial number of
    the vehicle and the information given in the model identification plate, which is provided for
    each vehicle in the location as illustrated below.

9900B-40320-006.pdf - 29 Mb

...if someone interested..don't know where to post
    I also have the software but don't have were to share....I will try here...hope is working
    edit...not working
    I have upped the map data (EU MAPS) and CID.

IF you want it, send me pm
    Today I received a small package that I have been waiting for a long time and surprise. For those who don't believe Suzuki SLDA 2021 SD card exist, here are some pictures. They are real sd2-Suzuki-SLN_EUR_2021 v1.
    Map files are from 10.09.20

View attachment 5355715View attachment 5355717View attachment 5355719View attachment 5355721View attachment 5355723
    We did not believe you unless you share the content with us! (evil grin)
    yesterday I was at my Suzuki reseller and asked for 1840 update. I installed it and now Android Auto works !!!

file available here : SLDA_SUZUKI_V1840

Enjoy
    Hello folks,
    thanks to sergiupapuc_gmail we have EU 1890 Firmware.
    Download link: SLDA_SOP9_EU.zip
    1. APPLICABLE MODEL
    SX4 S-CROSS (AKK series) BOSCH SLDA unit originally installed
    VITARA (APK series) BOSCH SLDA unit originally installed
    (For the Software Version, see “4. PART INFORMATION”.)
    2. CONDITION / DESCRIPTION
    (1) The following operations have been improved by software Ver. 1890/1790.
    - Turning off the engine with USB media source selected may cause SLDA to reboot
    repeatedly on the next boot.
    - There are mistakes in the translation of the setting items when “French” is selected.
    (2) The following operations have been improved by past software update.
    a) Accurate current vehicle position was not displayed.
    b) Picture from the rear-view camera was improperly displayed.
    c) Touch panel operation might become impossible when inserting USB memory.
    d) SLDA did not switch on/off, restarted automatically and froze due to failure of task process.
    e) SLDA restarted when searching POI.
    f) Clock time manually set was automatically reset.
    g) CarPlay may not correct automatically when starting up system.
    h) SLDA unit may freeze, when connecting the mobile phone (music is not contained) via
    Bluetooth and then selecting Bluetooth audio in MODE button on steering wheel remote
    control.
    i) While driving at night, the screen may become bright for a moment.
    j) Icon of TA (Traffic Announcement) may display “x” (“x” means that the function is not
    available), though TA in radio (FM, DAB) recognizes the broadcast station. (P02, P2, P90
    only)
    k) When driving at the altitude between 1,000m and 1,999m, ‘1km’ message is displayed in
    screen at all times.
    l) Music operation may become impossible after playing the last number in music folder
    under the condition that Repeat function is off.
    m) During use of Voice Control, Call<Contact> in main menu may be grayed out, though mobile
    terminal device that supports Voice Control is connected.
    n) SLDA may reboot repeatedly, when connecting via Bluetooth a mobile phone whose phone
    book have particular character such as “.”, “-“, “_” etc.
    3. CORRECTIVE ACTION
    Operation software of SLDA has been improved.