Suzuki SLDA

Search This thread

..::Jacob::..

May 27, 2017
Groningen
www.irseca.net
Yeah right, everything on your own computer is paid for :p
Look at this topic for example almost all users are looking for free maps in their suzuki and so there will be many more topics on this board, where are people looking for free solutions.
Please don't tell me it isn't, i was admin for many years in a satellite board, so i know what people want.

garyph1977

Sep 4, 2018
Android Auto not relaible

Hello knowledgeable people. A few weeks ago I updated my SLDA unit to the lastest version and all went well. However, maybe 4 times out of 10 when I plug my Samsung Note 8 in, it doesn't get picked up by Android Auto on the unit. only when I turn the engine of for maybe 20 mins will it recognise it again .

Any idea? I've tried everything and just can't get it connecting reliably every time.

nitko666

Aug 20, 2009
Hello knowledgeable people. A few weeks ago I updated my SLDA unit to the lastest version and all went well. However, maybe 4 times out of 10 when I plug my Samsung Note 8 in, it doesn't get picked up by Android Auto on the unit. only when I turn the engine of for maybe 20 mins will it recognise it again .

Any idea? I've tried everything and just can't get it connecting reliably every time.

I have had similar issues with a (non-original) USB cable.
Try using original USB cable (the one you got with your phone).

garyph1977

Sep 4, 2018
I have had similar issues with a (non-original) USB cable.
Try using original USB cable (the one you got with your phone).

Thanks for the suggestion... I am currently using an original ( after thinking it might be the non original I was using causing them problem!) .... Alas, I still have the same issues. I've tried reinstalling Android Auto.. which didn't work either

ZorkyZ

Aug 15, 2017
Thanks for the suggestion... I am currently using an original ( after thinking it might be the non original I was using causing them problem!) .... Alas, I still have the same issues. I've tried reinstalling Android Auto.. which didn't work either
Google how to enable developer mode on your device.
Once enabled find developer menus and then find USB configuration.
There you will find several options , select MTP (Media transfer protocol) and exit to start screen.

Turn on your car and power on radio, when radio is turned on connect USB cable.
Be sure that mobile phone is locked beffore connecting cable.

If MTP is not helping try other settings.

I hade such situation on my old phone where USB was by default configured on some other setting and this helped.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-T825 using Tapatalk

Reactions: garyph1977

garyph1977

Sep 4, 2018
Google how to enable developer mode on your device.
Once enabled find developer menus and then find USB configuration.
There you will find several options , select MTP (Media transfer protocol) and exit to start screen.

Turn on your car and power on radio, when radio is turned on connect USB cable.
Be sure that mobile phone is locked beffore connecting cable.

If MTP is not helping try other settings.

I hade such situation on my old phone where USB was by default configured on some other setting and this helped.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-T825 using Tapatalk

Ah amazing thank you! Happy to give anything a try.. its bloomin' annoying !

I'll give it a few days and report back! Thank you!

takui

Sep 18, 2013
Hi guys I've read some parts of this thread without luck: I've a suzuki scross and android car not work so i guess I've the old sw to update.
My 2 questions: I've found the link for india version but i am in europe, so what I've to use? I mean, there is a repository somewhere?
2) how to check which version i have installed?

Ty!

Breaders

Apr 3, 2011
I just want to give a little feedback.

I've had real problems with this system and my SG8+ (and SG7 previously) and tried almost everything I could think of to get things working, the best I got was some crappy Mirrorlink connectivity, (after lots and lots of messing around) but with no real features to even bother with, but now I can get the following to work brilliantly:

Suzuki Vitara 2017 (UK)
Samsung S8+
Android Auto
Plus Mirroring so I can use my Android and all its apps on my car's screen.

What I had to do:

I followed this guide to root my phone:
https://youtu.be/XNznlTJJesc

I followed this guide for the mirroring:
https://youtu.be/bASKUOCAFWM

I followed this guide to upgrade my Suzuki SLDA from 1850 to 1860
https://youtu.be/V9Lu5Xmc3tY

I got the last one from this thread I think, also where I got the update file.

Steps one and two DID NOT WORK until I'd updated my SLDA. I figure this is the most important step.

You may well not need to root if you don't want the mirroring feature (but it's cool and knocks the Mirrorlink offerings into a cocked hat).

Sorry if I haven't credited the right person/comment, I am awash with tabs right now, but just wanted to let people know this combination was all possible now, with very easy guides to follow.

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this post, it's been a godsend over the months.

(I've also stumbled across a map update for the SatNav, but now I can use Waze properly on my system, I may not need it.)

Last edited:

ageloskalp

Jun 21, 2007
Hi guys,
I am trying to connect my mi8se with my ignis by trying everything!
I know about the black bars problem because of the notch but i just want to connect them and then I will wait for fix from xiaomi.
In my case everything works fine(I mean no errors) and when I connect the phone i can see the Android Auto icon on the slda but I can't press it. Nothing happens!!!
What I have tried:
1) factory resetting both car and slda
2) many combinations of Android Auto editions and play services
3) changing cable
4) putting USB debugging to file transfer (but it turns back to just changing...don't know why)
5) updated slda to latest firmware
Any advice????
It drives me crazy.....

weresgyufa

Oct 12, 2006
Miskolc
Thank you for archive.
Sure it will help if you share the CID of this navi SD card.

If you have the notebook with SD card slot, you can boot it with any linux OS, insert th navi SD and copy the file
/sys/block/mmcblk0/device/cid

Hello. How is it possible to write the new CID into the card, or any SD/microSD will work, is there any special card to doo this or yust buy one, write in the CID with something and tada.wav?

many thanks for the answer.

Muxeu

Jul 13, 2010
Kharkiv
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hello. How is it possible to write the new CID into the card, or any SD/microSD will work, is there any special card to doo this or yust buy one, write in the CID with something and tada.wav?

many thanks for the answer.

You should to have the special SD card (Samsung EVO Plus produced before May 2016)
Just read:
https://richard.burtons.org/2016/07/01/changing-the-cid-on-an-sd-card/
https://richard.burtons.org/2016/07/31/cid-change-on-sd-card-update-evoplus_cid/

Muxeu

Jul 13, 2010
Kharkiv
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Attachments

• Bl.jpg
    Bl.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 536

Akshaysihag

Jun 5, 2015
Ambala Cantt
www.akshaysihag.com
If anyone has access to the update files for 1760.2 version. Please share the link for it. (Looks like someone in the team bhp forum has got the update already, but they haven't shared the file : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-...s-older-smartplay-infotainment-system-18.html)

Yes they have a repository but only Suzuki officials have access to it, they require user id & password to login

here's the link http://www.suzuki-slda.com/_layouts/15/start.aspx#/Lists/SLN Software Downloads/AllItems.aspx

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

I have the latest 1760.2 Update installed in my Suzuki Baleno from service center. But i too have some issues with the update

1. Whenever playing video files from USB drive, when i click next, the system just hangs and restarts....
2. Sometimes when i connect my phone to android auto, call automatically connects to someone and i don't even know unless i go to Main Page.

I have complained this to the service center, and they said they will replace my whole SLDA device.........let's see what happens

Does anyone have access to the 1760.2 Update for India ? It is same as 1860.2

Top Liked Posts