Suzuki SLDA

mauriciomatos

Aug 2, 2017
Viseu
Just want to let you all know that the device Carlinkit 2.0, which allows Wireless Carplay, works with the Suzuki SLDA. I just decided to risk it and bought one. Got it today. I did have to update it first (it didn't work with the firmware out of the box) but now it's working fine. A good option to all the guys who own iphones and want a wireless connection.

Reactions: fxjacem

Dbtipo

Jan 19, 2021
Hi. Like Darkman he followed in Dzim's footsteps:

Hi all,
this is a great forum and I managed to successfully upgrade SLDA firmware in my Suzuki Swift yesterday. I want to update maps as well, but I want to double check my understanding of the process is correct before I proceed. Suggested steps are:
1. download latest Suzku EU 2020 NAVI here https://mega.nz/file/AYISTSha#eZSZkA_OpJImCGGhMagE1eZqnfd_lrON5gfJYwv1fQs
2. extract needed CID number from the file CID.txt from this download
3. order SD card (at least 16GB) which allows customized CID and provide dealer with the extracted CID (see point 2.) - e.g. here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001308518330.html
4. format received SD card FAT32
5. copy all files from downloaded zip
6. insert the card to the head unit and enjoy updated maps
Can some of more experienced users verify if the steps described above are correct or I missed some important parts?
Thanks!

But it's not working. Could you tell me what the problem is. Thanks a lot. A greeting.

Dbtipo

Jan 19, 2021
Hello Dbtipo,
Did you buy a sd or microsd and what capacity?
And is the CID number the same or do the last two digits change, instead of 00 they are XX?
Thank you very much for your comment.
A greeting.
I bought an SD card of 16GB and i gave them the CID number that i have got via this forum.
So I expect that they put the given CID on the SD card.

satisoc

May 17, 2018
Sorry but i cannot read the CID of the SD card, don't know how to do on my windows 10 laptop.
I also do not know how to do with an SD on the computer. In my case it is a microSD and with an android tablet and the micro sd cid reader app it can be done.
Thank you.

mauriciomatos

Aug 2, 2017
Viseu
Since i tried it with a cid card and it didnt show up any navigation, could it be that my suzuki vitara doesnt have a navigation device?
As far as I know, all SLDA devices are the same. The only difference is that some come with the navigation SD card and some don't. At least it used to be like that when I got mine in late 2016. Don't know if something changed in the last 4 years.

THEHUNBOAR

Feb 12, 2021
Hungary
Hello everyone, im newbie here!

I brought a Suzuki Baleno (2016) and i want to update the SLDA (not the map) because it has now the 0840 (or something like that) version.
I saw here the 1880 version avaible, and i know how to update (pendrive in the car usb port and wait for the miracle).
BUT i never saw here what i need to do with the pendrive first, i need to format?
Format for what type? NTFS, FAT, FTA32, exFAT and than i just need to drop the 1880 update files in the pendrive and lets go?
Thx everyone for the answers!

(if someone have a full guide, plz send me)

mauriciomatos

Aug 2, 2017
Viseu
Hello everyone, im newbie here!

I brought a Suzuki Baleno (2016) and i want to update the SLDA (not the map) because it has now the 0840 (or something like that) version.
I saw here the 1880 version avaible, and i know how to update (pendrive in the car usb port and wait for the miracle).
BUT i never saw here what i need to do with the pendrive first, i need to format?
Format for what type? NTFS, FAT, FTA32, exFAT and than i just need to drop the 1880 update files in the pendrive and lets go?
Thx everyone for the answers!

(if someone have a full guide, plz send me)
Yes. Format FAT32, drop the files on the pen drive and go nuts :) If for some reason the update fails, don't panic. Just start again. I think that on these last versions it usually doesn't fail but some versions ago it was quite common.

• Love
Reactions: THEHUNBOAR

THEHUNBOAR

Feb 12, 2021
Hungary
Yes. Format FAT32, drop the files on the pen drive and go nuts :) If for some reason the update fails, don't panic. Just start again. I think that on these last versions it usually doesn't fail but some versions ago it was quite common.
Thx for the fast answer!
So i just need to format my 4+GB pendrive stick to fat32 and drop the files in it (not in a folder, just the unpacked files and no need any folder in the pendrive).
Than wait after i sticked in the car and follow the instructions what i got from the slda.
I downloaded this one
@ftj2006 this link is trusted and can i use for the update what i got from here? Are u tried that and good for a Baleno (2016)?

mauriciomatos

Aug 2, 2017
Viseu
Thx for the fast answer!
So i just need to format my 4+GB pendrive stick to fat32 and drop the files in it (not in a folder, just the unpacked files and no need any folder in the pendrive).
Than wait after i sticked in the car and follow the instructions what i got from the slda.
I downloaded this one
@ftj2006 this link is trusted and can i use for the update what i got from here? Are u tried that and good for a Baleno (2016)?
Yes. Drop the files in the root of the pen drive, not in a folder.

Reactions: THEHUNBOAR

ftj2006

May 10, 2008
Johannesburg
Thx for the fast answer!
I downloaded this one
Haven't used it personally as I'm on the 17xx firmware