• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

sw decoder

Search This thread

dwight418

Aug 12, 2016
I have been using mx player pro on my samsung tablets with no trouble until now. All of a sudden when trying to use sw decoder to view my movies I get the message the sw is not supported. I watched a move last week with no trouble an tried to watch same now with the not supportedessage. The reason I usde sw is I have thpusand of old tv shows recorder in avi format and mx player was the only on I could watch these old files on without having to reconvert the to a newer format. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall in case something got corrupted in the program. This didn't help I lost hw+ when doing this.Is ther anything I can do to get sw encoder to work again.

Thanks
Dwight

Thirumalai.K

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
I have been using mx player pro on my samsung tablets with no trouble until now. All of a sudden when trying to use sw decoder to view my movies I get the message the sw is not supported. I watched a move last week with no trouble an tried to watch same now with the not supportedessage. The reason I usde sw is I have thpusand of old tv shows recorder in avi format and mx player was the only on I could watch these old files on without having to reconvert the to a newer format. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall in case something got corrupted in the program. This didn't help I lost hw+ when doing this.Is ther anything I can do to get sw encoder to work again.

Thanks
Dwight
Thats wired. Can share the bug report from Menu > Help immediately after playing it in SW & share here...?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Dethfull

Jun 4, 2016
It may be a software ota update.

Sometimes, the stock rom update delete codecs from system, hehe.

I learned this by pratical facts.

Ota updates and viruses are son and father

:D

Sent from my XT687 using xda premium