sw rev. check fail(bootloader) device 8 binary 6

Search This thread

jusipism

Apr 20, 2015
La Carlota
i cant flash stock rom (INS) pie version using oding 14.1, i did try using xtc firmware it says sw rev. check fail(bootloader) device 8 binary 6 too. how to fix this?? please help

Aleks Skuber

Sep 13, 2019
Kamnik
Hello! sw rev. check fail(bootloader) device 8 binary 6 means that the ROM you have downloaded has a binary 6 while the device has a binary 8. In Android, or at least Samsung phones you cannot go to a lower binary than the one present in your device. Basically the only fix I believe is to download a ROM that has a binary of 8. If you do not know what binary it has I will leave a screenshot showing which number signifies a binary (Only mind the number in the binary, the U is a part of that but you just need to look at the number when you're downloading the correct ROM).

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,830
Reactions: hacker812c

SirDoz

Feb 24, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A21s
You have updated your device to Binary 8. Which means you have an updated bootloader. Samsung no longer allows the bootloader to be downgraded so you are stuck there. Anyways there's no worries. There are alot of ROMs and mods to use that you may enjoy.

AdamAnd

Aug 1, 2020
Czestochowa
Bootloop

Hi. Sorry for my bad English.
My problem is that despite uploading the rom, my phone is in a loop and uploading the rom does not help. Please help.

AdamAnd

Aug 1, 2020
Czestochowa
Flash last ROM latest release of your country
Test latest releases of your country
Downgrade not possible

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately after successfully uploading the latest software from my region (XEO) nothing changes. The phone is rebooting and it's still looped.

Region - firmware:
sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-j6/firmware/SM-J600FN/XEO/download/J600FNXXU8CTF5

I can go to Download Mode and Recovery.
I guess there is something wrong with Recovery.

The recovery on my phone looks like this:

Android Recovery
samsung/j6ltexx/j6lte
10/QP1A. 190711.020/J600FNXXU8CTF5
user/release-keys
Android Recovery
samsung/j6ltexx/j6lte
10/QP1A. 190711.020/J600FNXXU8CTF5
user/release-keys

Sorry, but I connected to the topic and I think I should start a new topic with my problem.
I am asking the moderator for information or to move my posts to the right place. Thank you.

Last edited:

rafi_hasan0178

Aug 15, 2020
You have updated your device to Binary 8. Which means you have an updated bootloader. Samsung no longer allows the bootloader to be downgraded so you are stuck there. Anyways there's no worries. There are alot of ROMs and mods to use that you may enjoy.

I cannot find a Saudi Arabia KSA region rom for my SM-J730F ( I can't use my sim because of that)
The rom I can find on sammobile is at u4, and my phone has s7 so it gives the error. However there is another rom that is latest but that rom is Saudi Arabia ACR :( Please help me

babalos

Dec 28, 2022
Hello! sw rev. check fail(bootloader) device 8 binary 6 means that the ROM you have downloaded has a binary 6 while the device has a binary 8. In Android, or at least Samsung phones you cannot go to a lower binary than the one present in your device. Basically the only fix I believe is to download a ROM that has a binary of 8. If you do not know what binary it has I will leave a screenshot showing which number signifies a binary (Only mind the number in the binary, the U is a part of that but you just need to look at the number when you're downloading the correct ROM).
My SM G950F shows binary 12,but i cant find any b12 files

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    download latest stock
    Bootloop

Hi. Sorry for my bad English.
    My problem is that despite uploading the rom, my phone is in a loop and uploading the rom does not help. Please help.