sw rev check fail device 5 binary 4

Search This thread

god1980

Oct 11, 2012
i have a galaxy s6 (SM-G920F)and it failed in an update and got stuck in a bootloop,i tried reflashing stock rom (6.0.1),ive tried smartswitch but nothing is working I cant get into recovery either,when I tried reflashing stock rom with odin it came up with sw rev check fail device 5 binary 4,any ideas what this means? as far as I can tell its a bootloader problem

sofir786

Feb 10, 2009
Birmingham
i have a galaxy s6 (SM-G920F)and it failed in an update and got stuck in a bootloop,i tried reflashing stock rom (6.0.1),ive tried smartswitch but nothing is working I cant get into recovery either,when I tried reflashing stock rom with odin it came up with sw rev check fail device 5 binary 4,any ideas what this means? as far as I can tell its a bootloader problem
Use smartswitch emergency recovery , samsung have put in place some issues with the Bootloader, moreso if you're on a newer bootloader then you cannot install a firmware which has a lower bootloader

god1980

Oct 11, 2012
Use smartswitch emergency recovery , samsung have put in place some issues with the Bootloader, moreso if you're on a newer bootloader then you cannot install a firmware which has a lower bootloader

ive tried smartswitch and it just says SM-G920F does not support initialization please contact customer services

sofir786

Feb 10, 2009
Birmingham
ive tried smartswitch and it just says SM-G920F does not support initialization please contact customer services
When you downloaded your firmware for odin, was it the very newest update? Or an old one, I've noticed some older firmwares fail to flash due to being on a newer bootloader

Bon03

Mar 15, 2017
thanks. I'll get back to you and let you know what happened. thanks again!

I also had the same issue on SW REV DEVICE 5 BINARY 4
I downloaded the Nougat 7.0 United Kingdom/Ireland and flashed using Odin and now my S6 is up and running. You can try it too.
I had tried other versions with no success.

vandres1975

Mar 27, 2017
Hey, nope. Didn't manage to get passed it. Nothing so far. Really looking for some help on that issue but no luck so far. If I come up with a solution, I will post it here.
Hey, so I have the bootloader problem too and I think we have to wait for the nougat update for the type of phone you have. I have a galaxy s6 tmobile so I think I have to get nougat and flash that when it comes out for tmobile. You have to do the same I think but for now Im gonna send it to samsung and act dumb. Hopefully maybe they fix it and send it back. Do you think they will accept my phone though? It was rooted and had nemesis rom. for nougat port from s7 edge. Also current binary is: Samsung Official. System Status is: Custom. They can see knox is tripped since the counter is void: 1.

dohcvtec

Nov 2, 2011
Massachusetts
Hey, so I have the bootloader problem too and I think we have to wait for the nougat update for the type of phone you have. I have a galaxy s6 tmobile so I think I have to get nougat and flash that when it comes out for tmobile. You have to do the same I think but for now Im gonna send it to samsung and act dumb. Hopefully maybe they fix it and send it back. Do you think they will accept my phone though? It was rooted and had nemesis rom. for nougat port from s7 edge. Also current binary is: Samsung Official. System Status is: Custom. They can see knox is tripped since the counter is void: 1.

Hey, it depends if you have warranty on the phone or not. If you have warranty, it will not cover your expenses because it's void after unlocking bootloader and rooting. If you don't have warranty and you are paying them anyways, they should have no trouble accepting it. Who would deny taking money. I hope they can fix it for you and I'm sorry we couldn't figure out how to. What you said about Nougat is true. I have checked that information as well. There is no Nougat for TMobile yet. We just have to wait. Again, in the mean time if I fix it, I will post my solution here.

vandres1975

Mar 27, 2017
Hey, it depends if you have warranty on the phone or not. If you have warranty, it will not cover your expenses because it's void after unlocking bootloader and rooting. If you don't have warranty and you are paying them anyways, they should have no trouble accepting it. Who would deny taking money. I hope they can fix it for you and I'm sorry we couldn't figure out how to. What you said about Nougat is true. I have checked that information as well. There is no Nougat for TMobile yet. We just have to wait. Again, in the mean time if I fix it, I will post my solution here.
Alright.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone