• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Swap to EEA from Global and OTA updates

Search This thread

MRaximus

Nov 10, 2018
Huawei P30 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi all, perhapshis question has been asked (so sorry if it's a double) but if I swap to EEA (note: official EU build from Xiaomi, not the EU build based on CN) from Global is it then possible to get official OTA updates or do I need to manually flash subsequent updates? Thanks.

Reactions: xNAPx

PanNet

Feb 16, 2006
Here and There
Hi all, perhapshis question has been asked (so sorry if it's a double) but if I swap to EEA (note: official EU build from Xiaomi, not the EU build based on CN) from Global is it then possible to get official OTA updates or do I need to manually flash subsequent updates? Thanks.
Hi there, You have normal OTA update. I am on this ROM now (Chinese Version of Mi 11Pro).
Regards

Bartos81

Oct 3, 2013
and you can also use system apps updater right?
Updating system applications will work.
In xiaomieu this is disabled because some of the applications are from the Global version and some are original from the Chinese version only translated.
If you updated such a translated application, it would either be corrupted or be in Chinese.

Reactions: xNAPx

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
If you are on stock, you will get the stock updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Every official ROM from xiaomi will get OTA updates
    and you can also use system apps updater right?
    Updating system applications will work.
    In xiaomieu this is disabled because some of the applications are from the Global version and some are original from the Chinese version only translated.
    If you updated such a translated application, it would either be corrupted or be in Chinese.