• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

sweep or double tap to wake

Search This thread

fruchtfliege

Jan 18, 2008
hi, i'm looking for a mod to wake phone by sweep or tap for my fully rooted p7.
as far as i know, this will be only possible with exposed framework, but i don't know if this tweak works with p7.
has anyone tried to implement this feature?

JulesMarcus1234

May 2, 2012
Roosendaal
Won't be happening any time soon

If we want to get double tap to wake etc. we will have to put it in the kernel somehow...it had something to do with something called elementalX i think(correct me if im wrong please).
So until we find a developer who can add it to our kernel, we won't be getting it...:crying::crying:

Simona Simmy

Jun 28, 2014
Earth
this feature drains batt A LOT .. one guy complained about batt. life in Honor 6 plus ...
if there is double tap wake means digitizer is still on all the time .. I don't miss that feature anyway.. just pointing out

JulesMarcus1234

May 2, 2012
Roosendaal
this feature drains batt A LOT .. one guy complained about batt. life in Honor 6 plus ...
if there is double tap wake means digitizer is still on all the time .. I don't miss that feature anyway.. just pointing out

I've also read something about the digitizer being on all the time, but that it didn't drain much batt life because it didn't need te be precise so the cpu levels could stay really, really low...
I kind of miss the feature. Well not really miss it, but it would be ****ing awesome haha:p

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
If we want to get double tap to wake etc. we will have to put it in the kernel somehow...it had something to do with something called elementalX i think(correct me if im wrong please).
So until we find a developer who can add it to our kernel, we won't be getting it...:crying::crying:
I was watching at Aaron Segaert's dt2wake code from ElementalIX kernel and took a look at our touchscreen driver and I'm afraid it's not possible to implement in our device or it's very hard to. Because touchscreen driver doesn't support gestures. (

Simona Simmy

Jun 28, 2014
Earth
I've also read something about the digitizer being on all the time, but that it didn't drain much batt life because it didn't need te be precise so the cpu levels could stay really, really low...
I kind of miss the feature. Well not really miss it, but it would be ****ing awesome haha:p

Well am coming from iphone cydia app and there is tweak for it and it says that it drains a lot .. and I can confirm that bcos I had it and if you read in this link there is comment that somone recons NOT to install it...

http://www.ijailbreak.com/cydia/smarttap-cydia-tweak-ios/

fruchtfliege

Jan 18, 2008
Thank you for your answers. In this case I have to stick to the smart view cover...

I wondered why there aren't much tweakers for ascend p7, since it's in awesome phone. Compared to other sub forums its really quite here :crying:

Reactions: Printusrzero

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
Good news: I have successfully implemented DoubleTap2Wake driver authored by Dennis Rassmann in my Ascend P6S-U06. Because P6S and P7 have the same kernel, I'm pretty sure it will work on your device too.
Also I've added duration as tunable parameter after which driver lets device to go to deep sleep. For example, if you read something on internet sites or messaging with somebody and screen goes off periodically, you can easily double tap on it instead of pressing power button. But after a long time device has been in offscreen mode you wake him up by power button. In this manner I think dt2w is useful enough and will not consume much battery power.

habbaz

Jun 9, 2014
Samsung Galaxy A70
Good news: I have successfully implemented DoubleTap2Wake driver authored by Dennis Rassmann in my Ascend P6S-U06. Because P6S and P7 have the same kernel, I'm pretty sure it will work on your device too.
Also I've added duration as tunable parameter after which driver lets device to go to deep sleep. For example, if you read something on internet sites or messaging with somebody and screen goes off periodically, you can easily double tap on it instead of pressing power button. But after a long time device has been in offscreen mode you wake him up by power button. In this manner I think dt2w is useful enough and will not consume much battery power.

Oh great... how I can do this?

Simona Simmy

Jun 28, 2014
Earth
Let us know after week how your battery doing ..
Thnx

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
Let us know after week how your battery doing ..
Thnx
I stayed dt2w on for this night. Normally, after 8 hours of night battery drains for 4%, i.e. 0.5% per hour. After this night battery drained for 16%, in four times more than usually. :D
But if I stay dt2w on just for a few minutes after screen off, battery drain is not noticable at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, everybody should say thanks to @Printusrzero because he has found small bug in sweep2sleep for P7. :good:
    Now it's gonna work!
    Also, I've added tunable parameter "/sys/android_touch/s2s_length" which defines length of swipe (in points). By default it's 25% of screen width.

Update 2016-04-09:
    New thread with updated version here.

Update 2016-03-05:

• fix display of used memory by running applications
    • small fix for compatibility with new version of dt2w.apk

Update 2016-02-28:

• Fixed stability issue (I hope).

Update 2016-02-06:

• Updated for 5.1.1
    • Fixed GPU 3D performance regression
    • SELinux in permissive mode permanently

Update 2015-08-31:

B830 is final version.
    I don't have P7, I'm using P6S and it seems like Huawei has abandoned support of my device.
    Now I'm solving issues of porting B850 from P7-L00 to my device and later I will try to adapt kernel to 5.1.1
    But may happen so that we will have to wait for 5.1.1 kernel sources release from Huawei...
    Sorry guys, but I'm too lazy to translate whole post in english, so I just give a link here. :p
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=572025&view=findpost&p=40277231
    You need to be logged in.

Sent from my iOcean-M6752 using Tapatalk

Mirror for K-Kernel:D:D

im still unable to figure out how to work sweep2sleep i have enabled it in /sys
    but it is still not working