sweep or double tap to wake

Search This thread

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
Does not work for me.. Maybe because I made the navbar smaller with GravityBox.
It doesn't depend on a size of navbar. Did you write "1" into /sys/android_touch/sweep2sleep file?

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

Sure not, 'cause I don't have H6. Source code is available, ask devs for your device to implement it.

Reactions: l3Nni

l3Nni

Nov 3, 2014
It doesn't depend on a size of navbar. Did you write "1" into /sys/android_touch/sweep2sleep file?

Yes, I did. Swiping along right to left (or otherwise) should make the device go sleeping, right? Doing this nothing happens. I assume that my firmware and settings have no influence to the behaviour of the kernel, so I wonder, why it does not work.

I'd be glad, if you have a solution for me! ;)

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
Yes, I did. Swiping along right to left (or otherwise) should make the device go sleeping, right? Doing this nothing happens. I assume that my firmware and settings have no influence to the behaviour of the kernel, so I wonder, why it does not work.

I'd be glad, if you have a solution for me! ;)
I asked one guy to check this feature on P7 and his said it works flawlessly.
Dunno what's your problem...:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

@Kostyan_nsk, would you pls create a short post about your kernel and instructions on how to install it? Bear with us non-russian ;)
My knowledge of english language is very poor. Google Translate will do it better than I. :)

l3Nni

Nov 3, 2014
Sweep2sleep is a nice to have feature for me, but also without I appreciate your kernel very much. So, thank you for your efforts! ?

egodemis

Nov 28, 2010
Mirror for K-Kernel:D:D

im still unable to figure out how to work sweep2sleep i have enabled it in /sys
but it is still not working

using init.d scrips

you can find it in thread with kernel in file scripts.zip

btw i'm using this kernel 5 days........ i set dt2w_duration at 180 seconds, and the battery drain is not noticeable at all......... i enable the Sweep2Sleep and its working fine......... and yes charging via usb 3 is fast!!! (Almost like the wall charger)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kostyan_nsk

Printusrzero

Dec 4, 2014
San Sebastian
Good news: I have successfully implemented DoubleTap2Wake driver authored by Dennis Rassmann in my Ascend P6S-U06. Because P6S and P7 have the same kernel, I'm pretty sure it will work on your device too...

TWRP + K-Kernel + DoubleTab2Wake and all the xtras... :) this is very handy, you nailed it again kostyan_nsk!

Although sweep2sleep fails here also, as mentioned earlier in the thread,
nevertheless doubletap2wake is happy ;) with value 4 (dt2w on navbar) :good:

(/sys/android_touch/sweep2sleep value is set to 1 during init and
logcat regs show no errors or actions being triggered by sweep2sleep on navbar)

Congrats and thanks again kostyan_nsk for your contribution!
:victory::victory::victory:
can anyone pls mirror the file scripts.rar (containing doubletap2wake, sweep2sleep, fast_charge) ?
Please...someone can post scripts.rar file ?

here are sample init.d scripts for kernel fast charge, touch dt2w and intelli_plug, also the original scripts.rar from 4pda:

View attachment scripts.rar
View attachment 04sys_module_intelli_plug.rar
View attachment 06sys_kernel.rar
View attachment 08sys_android_touch.rar

Cheers!

Reactions: usb2

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
Although sweep2sleep fails here also, as mentioned earlier in the thread,

(/sys/android_touch/sweep2sleep value is set to 1 during init and
logcat regs show no errors or actions being triggered by sweep2sleep on navbar)
After system boot, make sure the value in /sys/android_touch/sweep2sleep is equal to 1 - there might be a problem with script execution.

Printusrzero

Dec 4, 2014
San Sebastian
After system boot, make sure the value in /sys/android_touch/sweep2sleep is equal to 1 - there might be a problem with script execution.

aye, sweep2sleep is equal to 1. Value is updated correctly.
Still cant find anything weird in logcat, I checked your source at GitHub and found doubletap2wake.c dated 3 Jun, is this the latest source?
Awesome kernel by the way :D

Last edited:

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
aye, sweep2sleep is equal to 1. Value is updated correctly.
Still cant find anything weird in logcat, I checked your source at GitHub and found doubletap2wake.c dated 3 Jun, is this the latest source?
Awesome kernel by the way :D
Yes, source code of doubletap2wake.c is up to date.
Note that s2s is active in region of navbar only. If you will go higher than 145 points from the bottom of the screen while swiping, it won't react.
And lenght of swipe should be not less than 50% of screen width.

its the peanut

Jul 9, 2014
Delft
So just to be curious (i used elementalX on my htc one m7, thinking about on the p7) but this is a totally different device trough system.

How are you guys actually doing? Battery life, cpu usage etc? Need some more up to date info.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Free mobile app

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
Well, everybody should say thanks to @Printusrzero because he has found small bug in sweep2sleep for P7. :good:
Now it's gonna work!
Also, I've added tunable parameter "/sys/android_touch/s2s_length" which defines length of swipe (in points). By default it's 25% of screen width.

Update 2016-04-09:
New thread with updated version here.

Update 2016-03-05:

• fix display of used memory by running applications
  • small fix for compatibility with new version of dt2w.apk

Update 2016-02-28:

• Fixed stability issue (I hope).

Update 2016-02-06:

• Updated for 5.1.1
  • Fixed GPU 3D performance regression
  • SELinux in permissive mode permanently

Update 2015-08-31:

Last edited:

Printusrzero

Dec 4, 2014
San Sebastian
because he has found small bug
Your welcome Kostyan_nsk, s2s is worth having in certain circumstances, also helps tiding up the interface now that shortcut to Lock Phone is gone. To those showing curiosity, just wanted to say that I've been running this kernel for nearly one month and didn't notice much difference in battery life, networking, performance, stability, etc compaired to stock kernel.
Did not test thoroughly yet, just made some benchmarking the first week, phone experience of daily use is that kernel is stable and the very best: very customizable. Good work!

Printusrzero

Dec 4, 2014
San Sebastian
Here is a preference panel for dt2w running Kostyan_nsk´s kernel.
It saves from the hassle of modifying init.d scripts manually. It's fresh code and some additional work may be neccessary :p
Launch it after installation opening the control panel then click on Motion Control.

Attachments

• dt2w.apk
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,234
Last edited:
Reactions: black_ps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, everybody should say thanks to @Printusrzero because he has found small bug in sweep2sleep for P7. :good:
    Now it's gonna work!
    Also, I've added tunable parameter "/sys/android_touch/s2s_length" which defines length of swipe (in points). By default it's 25% of screen width.

Update 2016-04-09:
    New thread with updated version here.

Update 2016-03-05:

• fix display of used memory by running applications
    • small fix for compatibility with new version of dt2w.apk

Update 2016-02-28:

• Fixed stability issue (I hope).

Update 2016-02-06:

• Updated for 5.1.1
    • Fixed GPU 3D performance regression
    • SELinux in permissive mode permanently

Update 2015-08-31:

Good news: I have successfully implemented DoubleTap2Wake driver authored by Dennis Rassmann in my Ascend P6S-U06. Because P6S and P7 have the same kernel, I'm pretty sure it will work on your device too.
    Also I've added duration as tunable parameter after which driver lets device to go to deep sleep. For example, if you read something on internet sites or messaging with somebody and screen goes off periodically, you can easily double tap on it instead of pressing power button. But after a long time device has been in offscreen mode you wake him up by power button. In this manner I think dt2w is useful enough and will not consume much battery power.
    B830 is final version.
    I don't have P7, I'm using P6S and it seems like Huawei has abandoned support of my device.
    Now I'm solving issues of porting B850 from P7-L00 to my device and later I will try to adapt kernel to 5.1.1
    But may happen so that we will have to wait for 5.1.1 kernel sources release from Huawei...
    Sorry guys, but I'm too lazy to translate whole post in english, so I just give a link here. :p
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=572025&view=findpost&p=40277231
    You need to be logged in.

Sent from my iOcean-M6752 using Tapatalk

Mirror for K-Kernel:D:D

im still unable to figure out how to work sweep2sleep i have enabled it in /sys
    but it is still not working
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone