sweep or double tap to wake

Search This thread

black_ps

Nov 21, 2014
Secret
using init.d scrips

you can find it in thread with kernel in file scripts.zip

btw i'm using this kernel 5 days........ i set dt2w_duration at 180 seconds, and the battery drain is not noticeable at all......... i enable the Sweep2Sleep and its working fine......... and yes charging via usb 3 is fast!!! (Almost like the wall charger)

How did you add it to crontab as its not working, i have it set as 180 sec for 1 minute and its not working.
It will be great a option to turn off at night ex from 00:00 to 10:00
Run once at 10-30 minute for how much it's set. ( So it will not drain battery )
Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Printusrzero

Dec 4, 2014
San Sebastian
It will be great a option to turn off at night ex from 00:00 to 10:00

Most of the time I set dt2w duration to a few minutes so never missed scheduling.
Dt2w is still subjected to improvement, Kostyan_nsk is not throwing in the towel to lower battery drain :fingers-crossed:.
For now you may try Tasker from google apps to automate sysfs updates on schedule and battery charge.

Reactions: NICKEY38

usb2

May 28, 2010
Italia
Great kernel...I've tried andworks very well but i've some suggestion (are more releated to apk than kernel):
-without using init.d script (but only dtw.apk) every restart you need to open the app otherwise dt2w/s2s doesn't work...as a workaround dt2w.apk should also edit init.d script when you change settings
-add an info entry in dt2w.apk with cartoon animation (like in huawei setting)..i've edited some png from lollipop setting
-in attachments italian translation

dt2w.apk ITA: http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/sEgDTYjO/file.html

Attachments

• res.zip
    160 KB · Views: 76
  • values-it.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

black_ps

Nov 21, 2014
Secret
Great kernel...I've tried andworks very well but i've some suggestion (are more releated to apk than kernel):
-without using init.d script (but only dtw.apk) every restart you need to open the app otherwise dt2w/s2s doesn't work...as a workaround dt2w.apk should also edit init.d script when you change settings
-add an info entry in dt2w.apk with cartoon animation (like in huawei setting)..i've edited some png from lollipop setting
-in attachments italian translation

Did you make it work on lolipop?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Free mobile app

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
Just allow dt2w.apk to launch at startup in Startup Manager.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-09-11-26-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-09-11-26-48.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 350
Reactions: usb2

Printusrzero

Dec 4, 2014
San Sebastian
Android security requires user to manually open apk at least once before allowing boot completed operations.
Once apk is installed and allowed to launch at startup, you need to go to Settings->Motion Control and open dt2w options. Afterwards apk updates to /sys at boot time should work.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

@usb2 thanks for getting Italian translation done, good work! Will be included for next build in a few days.
Anybody willing to put some time translating dt2w here is a link to resource file:
https://github.com/printusrzero/Dt2w/blob/master/app/src/main/res/values-de/STRINGS_Settings.xml

Languages already included are English (non-native), Italian, Russian and Spanish.

New translations are welcomed anytime!

Reactions: its the peanut

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, everybody should say thanks to @Printusrzero because he has found small bug in sweep2sleep for P7. :good:
    Now it's gonna work!
    Also, I've added tunable parameter "/sys/android_touch/s2s_length" which defines length of swipe (in points). By default it's 25% of screen width.

Update 2016-04-09:
    New thread with updated version here.

Update 2016-03-05:

• fix display of used memory by running applications
    • small fix for compatibility with new version of dt2w.apk

Update 2016-02-28:

• Fixed stability issue (I hope).

Update 2016-02-06:

• Updated for 5.1.1
    • Fixed GPU 3D performance regression
    • SELinux in permissive mode permanently

Update 2015-08-31:

Good news: I have successfully implemented DoubleTap2Wake driver authored by Dennis Rassmann in my Ascend P6S-U06. Because P6S and P7 have the same kernel, I'm pretty sure it will work on your device too.
    Also I've added duration as tunable parameter after which driver lets device to go to deep sleep. For example, if you read something on internet sites or messaging with somebody and screen goes off periodically, you can easily double tap on it instead of pressing power button. But after a long time device has been in offscreen mode you wake him up by power button. In this manner I think dt2w is useful enough and will not consume much battery power.
    B830 is final version.
    I don't have P7, I'm using P6S and it seems like Huawei has abandoned support of my device.
    Now I'm solving issues of porting B850 from P7-L00 to my device and later I will try to adapt kernel to 5.1.1
    But may happen so that we will have to wait for 5.1.1 kernel sources release from Huawei...
    Sorry guys, but I'm too lazy to translate whole post in english, so I just give a link here. :p
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=572025&view=findpost&p=40277231
    You need to be logged in.

Sent from my iOcean-M6752 using Tapatalk

Mirror for K-Kernel:D:D

im still unable to figure out how to work sweep2sleep i have enabled it in /sys
    but it is still not working
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone