sweep or double tap to wake

Search This thread

black_ps

Nov 21, 2014
Secret
I don't have P7, I'm using P6S and it seems like Huawei has abandoned support of my device.
Now I'm solving issues of porting B850 from P7-L00 to my device and later I will try to adapt kernel to 5.1.1
But may happen so that we will have to wait for 5.1.1 kernel sources release from Huawei...

Will you port Android 6 from P8 to P7? This will be great thanks.

kemostro

Nov 13, 2015
Hi, Im interesting in flash this kernel but I don't know how I do it. I have lollipop and TWRP. It's possible a tutorial for this?

Sorry for my bad english. Thanks you

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI P7-L10 mediante Tapatalk

l3Nni

Nov 3, 2014
Hi, Im interesting in flash this kernel but I don't know how I do it. I have lollipop and TWRP. It's possible a tutorial for this?

Sorry for my bad english. Thanks you

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI P7-L10 mediante Tapatalk
Just download the kernel.zip and flash it in TWRP. Now you can either use the dt2w.apk in post #40, or the init.d scripts, who are also linked somewhere in this thread to enable dt2w and sweep2sleep.

I'd also recommend the app 'Kernel Adiuter' if you want to make use of the other features of the kernel.

nicolawilco

Mar 27, 2014
So, I installed the new kernel from TWRP, then I installed the app dt2w, which is successful. I put checkmarks in the boot section policies that protected app. Then I tried to install the app with italian translation, but not installed.

However, even in English it is fine, however, known that the app dt2w not installed as a normal app that ends up on the desktop, but it goes to replace the "motion control" function located in the settings menu. By selecting this function, the system asks you to choose between the control of movement or series dt2w.

The fact is that a menu excludes the other. That is, if you use the app dt2w in fact you can not use the other standard features that provides the basic EMUI. It is? It 'just this behavior or is there something wrong?

For the rest of the play it seems to be working ...

l3Nni

Nov 3, 2014
I don't know why he decided to let us open the app through motion control, but you can use both.. and both do work.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

It's the first time for me to create a init.d script, so I'd appreciate it if you could have a look on it. The aim is to disable the loading led permanently.

Setting brightness to 0:
# echo > 0 sys/devices/platform/hkled/leds/green/brightness
# echo > 0 sys/devices/platform/hkled/leds/red/brightness

Changing permissions from -rw-r--r-- to -r--r--r--. Otherwise un- and replugging will reanable the led:
#chmod 444 sys/devices/platform/hkled/leds/green/brightness
#chmod 444 sys/devices/platform/hkled/leds/red/brightness

These commands are working so far using a terminal emulator.

So, the final script would be:
#!/system/bin/sh
# echo > 0 sys/devices/platform/hkled/leds/green/brightness
# echo > 0 sys/devices/platform/hkled/leds/red/brightness
# chmod 444 sys/devices/platform/hkled/leds/green/brightness
# chmod 444 sys/devices/platform/hkled/leds/red/brightness

Will that work?

Last edited:

usb2

May 28, 2010
Italia
So, I installed the new kernel from TWRP, then I installed the app dt2w, which is successful. I put checkmarks in the boot section policies that protected app. Then I tried to install the app with italian translation, but not installed.

However, even in English it is fine, however, known that the app dt2w not installed as a normal app that ends up on the desktop, but it goes to replace the "motion control" function located in the settings menu. By selecting this function, the system asks you to choose between the control of movement or series dt2w.

The fact is that a menu excludes the other. That is, if you use the app dt2w in fact you can not use the other standard features that provides the basic EMUI. It is? It 'just this behavior or is there something wrong?

For the rest of the play it seems to be working ...

my italian translation works if you first uninstall the original dt2w.apk (I think because there is a different certification)
for the motion control you can access from dt2w by pressing the text at the bottom of the list "motion control options" (in kitkat works)

nicolawilco

Mar 27, 2014
(in kitkat works)

in lollipop don't work:

Screenshot_2016-02-10-09-10-40.png

Screenshot_2016-02-10-09-07-17.png

how can we solve that?

l3Nni

Nov 3, 2014
in lollipop because startup smartphone does not load the script in init.d?

If you touch 'motion control', you can choose whether to open the dt2w.apk, or the real motion control. Setting up dt2w is only required one time, so I´d just do it and select then, when opening the next time, 'motion control' and always.

Another possibility would be to create a shortcut (e.g. with 'quickshortcutmaker') on your homescreen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, everybody should say thanks to @Printusrzero because he has found small bug in sweep2sleep for P7. :good:
    Now it's gonna work!
    Also, I've added tunable parameter "/sys/android_touch/s2s_length" which defines length of swipe (in points). By default it's 25% of screen width.

Update 2016-04-09:
    New thread with updated version here.

Update 2016-03-05:

• fix display of used memory by running applications
    • small fix for compatibility with new version of dt2w.apk

Update 2016-02-28:

• Fixed stability issue (I hope).

Update 2016-02-06:

• Updated for 5.1.1
    • Fixed GPU 3D performance regression
    • SELinux in permissive mode permanently

Update 2015-08-31:

Good news: I have successfully implemented DoubleTap2Wake driver authored by Dennis Rassmann in my Ascend P6S-U06. Because P6S and P7 have the same kernel, I'm pretty sure it will work on your device too.
    Also I've added duration as tunable parameter after which driver lets device to go to deep sleep. For example, if you read something on internet sites or messaging with somebody and screen goes off periodically, you can easily double tap on it instead of pressing power button. But after a long time device has been in offscreen mode you wake him up by power button. In this manner I think dt2w is useful enough and will not consume much battery power.
    B830 is final version.
    I don't have P7, I'm using P6S and it seems like Huawei has abandoned support of my device.
    Now I'm solving issues of porting B850 from P7-L00 to my device and later I will try to adapt kernel to 5.1.1
    But may happen so that we will have to wait for 5.1.1 kernel sources release from Huawei...
    Sorry guys, but I'm too lazy to translate whole post in english, so I just give a link here. :p
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=572025&view=findpost&p=40277231
    You need to be logged in.

Sent from my iOcean-M6752 using Tapatalk

Mirror for K-Kernel:D:D

im still unable to figure out how to work sweep2sleep i have enabled it in /sys
    but it is still not working
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone