Switch from Lineage to ArrowOS

Search This thread

MrMarcie

Aug 25, 2020
LineageOS stopped support for the Redmi 3s. Can I now easialy upgrade to ArrowOS? So just install ArrowOS. I googled a lot but can't find a solution for this. I'm inexperienced in this. But I know with my router I had to go back to stock firmware first before I could use another alternative firmware. And was wondering if this is the same with the phone or I can just install ArrowOS conform there manual.

My Redmi 3S serves me still well. I only call and use some apps. So I don't want to buy a new phone yet. Why waist something that works perfectly well?

Hi,
You don't need to switch back to stock firmware just make sure you have a custom recovery like Twrp,Redwolf,Orangefox,etc. If you don't even have than just install a custom recovery and you are good to go just put the ROM file and Gapps file (optional) in your phone's internal storage and follow the following steps.
1.Boot into recovery mode.
2.Wipe Dalvik,cache,system and data.
3.if it shows error then just Format Data once in the recovery mode only.
4.Go to Install section click on ROM zip file and swipe to flash.
5.After installation go back to install section and click on Gapps zip file and swipe to flash.(optional)
6.Now Tap Reboot System.
7.Congeatulations,you have successfully installed the custom ROM on your device.
If you have any queries ask and I will try my best to solve them.
Thanks.

Reactions: MrMarcie

MrMarcie

Aug 25, 2020
Hi,
You don't need to switch back to stock firmware just make sure you have a custom recovery like Twrp,Redwolf,Orangefox,etc. If you don't even have than just install a custom recovery and you are good to go just put the ROM file and Gapps file (optional) in your phone's internal storage and follow the following steps.
5.After installation go back to install section and click on Gapps zip file and swipe to flash.(optional)
6.Now Tap Reboot System.
7.Congeatulations,you have successfully installed the custom ROM on your device.
Thanks.
Thanks, that's correct. and I already did that. I took the risk. ArrowOS has a zip with gapp included so just install one file. I was fairly easy.

I must say I'm very happy with it. So anyone searching for a alternative for the Redmi 3S could use it. It's very good as far as I can see and it runs well and smooth. Happy that I can extend the life of my phone for a couple of months, maybe even more.

MrMarcie

Aug 25, 2020
Your welcome
Can you let me know how is it? Are there any bugs? How is the performance and battery life is it all good. And should i try it out or not. pls also mention the pros and cons acoording to u with download link.
Hi,
You have the vanilla build and the gapps build. I used gapps build (with apps).

It's as fast as the lineageOS I had and looks more appealing. Android 11.
The battery life is awesome. I have more than 3 days battery life. I use the phone mainly for calling, duh, and some social media, banking etc. So I'm not hooked on my phone and watch for hours. My Redmi 3s is 5 years old.

The install was easy and the updates also. Runs very smoothly. Only issue I have sometimes is that the camera has a hikup if I need it for an app that scans QR/barcodes codes or something. Than it hangs, I have to push the back button and then try it again and than it works. Normal camera for photo's/video works fine.
For the rest I have no issues and it runs smooth and reliable. Using it for a couple of weeks now.

So the pro's are that it works very good, good battery life and it's still maintained. I have an update every week or so. LineageOS is out of life for the Redmi 3s (that's why I switched).

I really don't have cons only the small camera issue I mentioned sometimes.

Hope it is of some help for you.

Reactions: Meuser10101
Thanks
i wanna ask one question have you ever faced charging problem in your redmi 3s like when you plug in your charging cable in your phone it automatically disconnects after 1 or 2 seconds and when you connect it again same happens. if yes then how did you fixed it. pls let me know i have this issue in my redmi 3s .

MrMarcie

Aug 25, 2020
Thanks
i wanna ask one question have you ever faced charging problem in your redmi 3s like when you plug in your charging cable in your phone it automatically disconnects after 1 or 2 seconds and when you connect it again same happens. if yes then how did you fixed it. pls let me know i have this issue in my redmi 3s .
I only have that with some cables. Use another cable. My standard cable I use always charge with no issue at all

MrMarcie

Aug 25, 2020
Okay thanks which cable do you use pls let me know. Do you use the original cable which comes with it in the box only
I use a cable and charger from Aliexpress. But I know some cables can have issues. Also with installing ArrowOS I had to find the right cable because it did not connect well with my pc. Luckely I have dozens of usb-cables around ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    6.Now Tap Reboot System.
    Thanks.
    Your welcome
    Can you let me know how is it? Are there any bugs? How is the performance and battery life is it all good. And should i try it out or not. pls also mention the pros and cons acoording to u with download link.
    Hi,
    You have the vanilla build and the gapps build. I used gapps build (with apps).

It's as fast as the lineageOS I had and looks more appealing. Android 11.
    The battery life is awesome. I have more than 3 days battery life. I use the phone mainly for calling, duh, and some social media, banking etc. So I'm not hooked on my phone and watch for hours. My Redmi 3s is 5 years old.

The install was easy and the updates also. Runs very smoothly. Only issue I have sometimes is that the camera has a hikup if I need it for an app that scans QR/barcodes codes or something. Than it hangs, I have to push the back button and then try it again and than it works. Normal camera for photo's/video works fine.
    For the rest I have no issues and it runs smooth and reliable. Using it for a couple of weeks now.

So the pro's are that it works very good, good battery life and it's still maintained. I have an update every week or so. LineageOS is out of life for the Redmi 3s (that's why I switched).

I really don't have cons only the small camera issue I mentioned sometimes.

Hope it is of some help for you.