• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Switch mobile data to Active SIM (that is used during call)

Search This thread

SuperMaximus

Jul 31, 2007
Before OnePlus 9 Pro I used to have Huawei P30 Pro that automatically switched Mobile Data to SIM card that was used during a call. It gave me an ability to use internet regardless of SIM used for call (important scenario when driving, for instance). It's noteworthy that none of my 2 carriers support VoLTE / VoWiFi. Now for OP9 Pro this mission became impossible and it feels like a downgrade compared to 3-4 yr old phones.
Is there any solution for this? Maybe custom ROM, hack, whatever...

Bunecarera

Mar 4, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
So at the moment you have Sim1 with data and Sim2 without data?
In settings you can set your preferred Simcard for calls, messages and Data.
Does setting Sim1 as preferred Simcard for data not work?

SuperMaximus

Jul 31, 2007
My both SIM can be used for Mobile Data if I select explicitly, and regardless of preferred card (1 or 2) for data, I can't get data working in case I call from the card that was not selected as a preferred one.
The switch in SIM settings that says there must be VoLTE active on second card in order to make data working during a call from first one does not help. Simply because there is no VoLTE available from carrier.

For instance - I have preferred card SIM1 and I call from SIM2 (and need phone to switch to using data from SIM2 during a call), in this case during a phone call I have no data available at all. Very inconvenient in a car (navigation) or just if you have to check some info from internet during a call. Previous phone allowed to use such feature without VoLTE (same cards, same carriers), OP9 Pro doesn't. I wonder if it's a software limitation or hardware.
I am looking forward to change OP9 to Mi 11 Ultra now due to this... ((

My model is LE2120

Reactions: khanboy619

hubono

Oct 22, 2005
Muscat
Hi I'm in almost the same situation like you.
The only way that i thought it can be done on the op is using tasker.
If you know how to use tasker and manage to do it, please let me know
Tasker will wait for and event like receiving a call, identify which sim the call in coming on, switch active data to the same sim the call comes in on, and viola

SuperMaximus

Jul 31, 2007
I've opted for the most radical way - switched to Samsung S21 Ultra. It was hard to tolerate such caveats like absence of mobile data auto switching, mid-end camera & fast-dying battery in flagship phone...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My both SIM can be used for Mobile Data if I select explicitly, and regardless of preferred card (1 or 2) for data, I can't get data working in case I call from the card that was not selected as a preferred one.
    The switch in SIM settings that says there must be VoLTE active on second card in order to make data working during a call from first one does not help. Simply because there is no VoLTE available from carrier.

For instance - I have preferred card SIM1 and I call from SIM2 (and need phone to switch to using data from SIM2 during a call), in this case during a phone call I have no data available at all. Very inconvenient in a car (navigation) or just if you have to check some info from internet during a call. Previous phone allowed to use such feature without VoLTE (same cards, same carriers), OP9 Pro doesn't. I wonder if it's a software limitation or hardware.
    I am looking forward to change OP9 to Mi 11 Ultra now due to this... ((

My model is LE2120