General Switch to Funtouch OS

Search This thread

josecleocir

Sep 30, 2011
Joinville - SC
Hi Everyone, I had bought mine X70 Pro + last month and it arrived yesterday. However, it is running with Origin OS instead of Funtouch OS system.

Is it possible to flash/switch to Funtouch OS?

I ask that, because Origin OS is very very terrible, it lacks a lot of personalization, misses most apps notifications, a lot of bugs.. Idk if I could consider this phone as my daily driver

On all videos I've watched on Youtube about X70 pro+, they were running Funtouch OS, so it exists for this phone, but can we flash it? Had anyone tried it?

Thank You,

treoking

Feb 28, 2007
You have this information in the other posts of this forum... Is not possible to open the bootloader, so for now there is not possible switch to Funtouch.

josecleocir

Sep 30, 2011
Joinville - SC
You have this information in the other posts of this forum... Is not possible to open the bootloader, so for now there is not possible switch to Funtouch.

There is a user called razor07b7 from x60 Pro+ forum that could sucessfully switch from Origin OS to Funtouch OS, but that was on a x60 Pro+ device..

We might be too early to expect this change for our x70 Pro+ since it has just launched a few months ago, but there is a high possibility in the future :D

Last edited:

AMDFenics

Oct 18, 2012
I just looked quite a bit into the update_script and found this:

assert(getprop("ro.vivo.hardware.version") == "PD2145F_EXMA" || getprop("ro.hardware.bbk") == "PD2145F_EXMA"); ui_print("travel Verify operation begin"); getprop("ro.vivo.oem.name") == "" || getprop("ro.vivo.oem.name") == "PD2145F_EX_N_NULL_NULL" || getprop("ro.vivo.oem.name") == "PD2145F_EX_IN_NULL_NULL" || abort("Package expects oem name of or PD2145F_EX_N_NULL_NULL or PD2145F_EX_IN_NULL_NULL; this device has " + getprop("ro.vivo.oem.name") + "."); if getprop("recovery.gui_mode") == "1" && getprop("recovery.repair_mode") == "0" then

The package is expecting : PD2145F_EXMA or PD2145F ...
The Origin OS is: PD2145_CN-ZH_FULL_SC_NULL
Chinese Hardware stamp is: PD2145MA

You can look yourself into with SetEdit aviable via Playstore.

I didn't try to change the script and test... But, if anyone wanna try, it is probably easy to change the "update_script"...

Maybee i need to mention that i'm not a programmer or any alike :p

Just my 2 cents

AMDFenics

Oct 18, 2012
Hey again, sorry for the late reply, where a bit busy.

So i asked Vivo Support directly... What a surprise - it doesn't seem possible:

Vielen Dank für deine Nachricht an vivo Service Deutschland.

Ich hole ein wenig weiter aus, um Deiner Frage gerecht zu werden und um Dir ein wenig Hintergründe mitzugeben. Alle Geräte, die in Deutschland und natürlich ganz Europa auf den Markt kommen, werden mit EU Software ausgeliefert, sodass Deine Apps reibungslos installiert und ausgeführt werden können. Wenn Du ein X70 Pro importierst, ist es hier zwar funktionstüchtig, aber es wird mit der chinesischen SW laufen (OriginOS)und entsprechende Updates erhalten – Funtouch nachträglich aufzuspielen, wie du es anfragst, ist nicht möglich.

Hab auch im Hinterkopf, dass wir das Gerät nicht reparieren könnten, sollte etwas kaputt gehen, weil wir für das Model dann hier keine Ersatzteile vorrätig haben.

Wir freuen uns aber umso mehr, dass du mit deinem X70 Pro+ so zufriedenbist. Und auch wenn es noch ein wenig hin ist, wir werden unser Produktportfolio in den nächsten Monaten um weitere spannende an Smartphones sowie entsprechendes Zubehör zu erweitern – stay tuned!

Beste Grüße und auch dir schon jetzt froehliche Weihnachtsfeiertage

Barbara vom vivo Service Team

Sooo, i did a bit experiement with the Update_script
I added some lines, that equales to our chinese phone.

!!! First - I DIDN'T TEST THIS ROM - NOR THE SCRIPT !!!
!!! ALL YOU DO IS ON YOUR OWN !!! IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE !!!
!!! The phone could end in a bootloop or even worse !!!

LINK to the Testrom

Maybe worth a try... -> Link
Pictures of the changes are attached.

Attachments

• 2021-12-18 19_08_09-Window.jpg
    2021-12-18 19_08_09-Window.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 2021-12-18 19_08_21-Window.jpg
    2021-12-18 19_08_21-Window.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 2021-12-18 19_08_31-Window.jpg
    2021-12-18 19_08_31-Window.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 2021-12-18 19_08_35-Window.jpg
    2021-12-18 19_08_35-Window.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

josecleocir

Sep 30, 2011
Joinville - SC
Hey again, sorry for the late reply, where a bit busy.

So i asked Vivo Support directly... What a surprise - it doesn't seem possible:

Sooo, i did a bit experiement with the Update_script
I added some lines, that equales to our chinese phone.

!!! First - I DIDN'T TEST THIS ROM - NOR THE SCRIPT !!!
!!! ALL YOU DO IS ON YOUR OWN !!! IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE !!!
!!! The phone could end in a bootloop or even worse !!!

LINK to the Testrom

Maybe worth a try... -> Link
Pictures of the changes are attached.

Hello, thank you again for you effort on this, it certainly would help several ppl that has the Chinese version.

Does anyone want to give a try to flash it and report back here on the thread? :p

Killuminati91

Dec 12, 2012
I dont have big enough balls to try it BUT if you dont break the recovery with that you can always download and flash the original ROM via WIFI in the recovery. Just need to understand chinese or a second phone with google translator.

• Haha
Reactions: DJorgio

AMDFenics

Oct 18, 2012
Well i tried myselft, both official ways. While in System, it connects to vivo online database and recognize checksum error. Yeah, changed the script. So tried via recovery... same here - somehow it recognizes the same, without internet connection. Some text about third party update... :rolleyes:

well, thats what google translator told me :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just looked quite a bit into the update_script and found this:

assert(getprop("ro.vivo.hardware.version") == "PD2145F_EXMA" || getprop("ro.hardware.bbk") == "PD2145F_EXMA"); ui_print("travel Verify operation begin"); getprop("ro.vivo.oem.name") == "" || getprop("ro.vivo.oem.name") == "PD2145F_EX_N_NULL_NULL" || getprop("ro.vivo.oem.name") == "PD2145F_EX_IN_NULL_NULL" || abort("Package expects oem name of or PD2145F_EX_N_NULL_NULL or PD2145F_EX_IN_NULL_NULL; this device has " + getprop("ro.vivo.oem.name") + "."); if getprop("recovery.gui_mode") == "1" && getprop("recovery.repair_mode") == "0" then

The package is expecting : PD2145F_EXMA or PD2145F ...
    The Origin OS is: PD2145_CN-ZH_FULL_SC_NULL
    Chinese Hardware stamp is: PD2145MA

You can look yourself into with SetEdit aviable via Playstore.

I didn't try to change the script and test... But, if anyone wanna try, it is probably easy to change the "update_script"...

Maybee i need to mention that i'm not a programmer or any alike :p

Just my 2 cents
    Well i tried myselft, both official ways. While in System, it connects to vivo online database and recognize checksum error. Yeah, changed the script. So tried via recovery... same here - somehow it recognizes the same, without internet connection. Some text about third party update... :rolleyes:

well, thats what google translator told me :)

There is a user called razor07b7 from x60 Pro+ forum that could sucessfully switch from Origin OS to Funtouch OS, but that was on a x60 Pro+ device..

We might be too early to expect this change for our x70 Pro+ since it has just launched a few months ago, but there is a high possibility in the future :D
    Looks like that if we change it, it might work :D

Can anyone give a try on this? I'm not an Android/developer expert 😅

Thanks!
    I dont have big enough balls to try it BUT if you dont break the recovery with that you can always download and flash the original ROM via WIFI in the recovery. Just need to understand chinese or a second phone with google translator.