Question switching between apps by double tapping recents key is inconsistent and often doesn't work

Search This thread

Windoors

Jan 29, 2018
normally, double tapping the recents key should switch to the next app in recents menu/task manager. however, in Zenfone 9, it's very inconsistent, double tapping often brings back the same app and doesn't switch or goes to home screen. More than half the time this happens. if tried multiple times, sometimes recents key becomes unresponsive and need to press home key to make it work again. I know in android 12, task switching is slow (google's fault) but in other phones it works slowly at least. however in this phone it often fails to work. I've turned of long press recents to take screenshot and yet this occurs.
It doesn't happen if "Animator duration scale" is 0 or off. However, without animation the experience would be poor.
does anyone else have this issue and any workaround?

Last edited:

recked

Aug 12, 2020
Google Pixel 4a
normally, double tapping the recents key should switch to the next app in recents menu/task manager. however, in Zenfone 9, it's very inconsistent, double tapping often brings back the same app and doesn't switch or goes to home screen. More than half the time this happens. if tried multiple times, sometimes recents key becomes unresponsive and need to press home key to make it work again. I know in android 12, task switching is slow (google's fault) but in other phones it works slowly at least. however in this phone it often fails to work. I've turned of long press recents to take screenshot and yet this occurs.
It doesn't happen if "Animator duration scale" is 0 or off. However, without animation the experience would be poor.
does anyone else have this issue and any workaround?
Same issue, stock everything right outta the box. It seems to be Chrome that isn't behaving as expected, other apps toggle no problem but Chrome refuses to cooperate. Very annoying.

Absarock123

Jan 22, 2018
Same issue with me. But I use Nova launcher. And I dont double press recent button. I use Fluid Navigation Gestures to switch to last app. Its inconsistent. Sometimes all recent apps will be shown black

Windoors

Jan 29, 2018
Same issue, stock everything right outta the box. It seems to be Chrome that isn't behaving as expected, other apps toggle no problem but Chrome refuses to cooperate. Very annoying.
true, I found it to occur in some other apps too, but chromium browsers seem most common by far.