• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Switching from WIFI to Mobile Data Issue

Search This thread

x1vietnguyen

Nov 14, 2018
Has anyone ran across an issue when changing from WIFI to mobile data that it doesn't switch? Usually when I leave my house and get into the car it doesn't switch to mobile data and I need to restart my phone for it to connect.

MINISPOON939

Mar 1, 2020
I'm seeing this issue, sort of. Not sure if this is the same that's happening to you though. After leaving home/wifi, the phone shows LTE or 5G but the data doesn't work (at least for some apps, I'm not sure if it's all or not).

Restarting does fix this, but for me swapping back and forth between APNs will also fix it for some reason.

qqxz

Oct 15, 2021
Yeh happens on phone as well, as you said the only way to get reconnect is by restarting the phone, really annoying i hope sony will address this issue in the software update

koktan

Dec 13, 2021
I am on the latest image and I have this problem as well. I hate to be spending time with either Sony or T-Mobile support to find where the issue is. I'm not even sure if T-Mobile will care; they'll probably tell me I'm using an unsupported phone... sigh...

If this issue is not resolved and if the upcoming Galaxy phone happens to come with an sd-card slot (low chance), then I'm returning my Sony and switching to that. So far not impressed with screen brightness for sunny days outside either, and not thrilled about over sensitive or not sensitive enough, dual-personality finger print reader. So my reasons to return are starting mount up...

koktan

Dec 13, 2021
Oh one more observation. If I try to force connect to another network like ATT, wait for that to fail, then switch to auto-connect right after, then 5G icon comes and I get internet connectivity restored w/o having to restart. This seems to be the only workaround. Otherwise switching mobile data on/off, or switching in and out of airplane mode doesn't do anything.

And... I'm sure I can do this trick when I naturally lose service then come back into service where I only get voice, but no data. This is the thing that most pisses me off. I can anticipate switching in/out of wi-fi and apply the workaround or reboot. But I can't keep checking my phone to see if I constantly have 5G coverage, which is spotty at times to begin with T-Mobile.

Really frustrated with this here....

bricky23

I had this problem, so did a search and found the same problem with older Sony phone. He said what fixed it was changing the apn settings. Wish I could find that web site again. But basically checked my default apn setting, and it was missing some info. I made a new apn with the correct T-Mobile settings and deleted the old one. And now I don't need a restart to get mobile data working. Never would have thought that would be the fix. Hope this helps

Reactions: koktan

koktan

Dec 13, 2021
I had this problem, so did a search and found the same problem with older Sony phone. He said what fixed it was changing the apn settings. Wish I could find that web site again. But basically checked my default apn setting, and it was missing some info. I made a new apn with the correct T-Mobile settings and deleted the old one. And now I don't need a restart to get mobile data working. Never would have thought that would be the fix. Hope this helps
This did the trick!!! Thank you very much! I don't know if Sony was trying to be smart to include the "T-Mobile" APN in the phone, or T-Mobile pushed both "T-Mobile" and "T-Mobile US LTE" APNs over the air, but when I switched from T-Mobile to T-Mobile US LTE, the issue stopped exhibiting.

1639488276246.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.