Swype Keyboard for Incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Honestly77

Dec 10, 2007
Heres the Swype keyboard that should be compatible with the Incredible. Haven't tested it but seems as some people got theirs early...here is it.

MOD EDIT FOR WAREZ

EDIT:I fixed how it was downloading as a .dat file. It now downloads as an .apk. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

compnird

Mar 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Extension?

I downloaded the file and there is no extension. Is this a .zip, .rar, .apk ?

I have my Incredible and the file I got from Android Central does not work. Says my resolution is invalid. Hoping this one will fare better.

Honestly77

Dec 10, 2007
It's an apk. Just install it like you would an apk. Put it on your SD card, then use linda file manager to navigate then just click it and select package installed. Then go to local and text or whatever in your main phone settings. Select swype. then in the text field long click and select input method then swype.

compnird

Mar 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
It's an apk. Just install it like you would an apk. Put it on your SD card, then use linda file manager to navigate then just click it and select package installed. Then go to local and text or whatever in your main phone settings. Select swype. then in the text field long click and select input method then swype.

Done and Done... I use Astro though. It works just great. Thank you!

JCKnights3707

Apr 29, 2010
It downloaded as a .dat, so I just renamed the extension as an .apk and it worked fine with Astro.

My only problem is that it won't let me use it! I checked the Swype box, and it worked in the tutorial, but if I go anywhere else (Search, Messaging, etc.) it's just the stock Sense VK.

Honestly77

Dec 10, 2007
It downloaded as a .dat, so I just renamed the extension as an .apk and it worked fine with Astro.

My only problem is that it won't let me use it! I checked the Swype box, and it worked in the tutorial, but if I go anywhere else (Search, Messaging, etc.) it's just the stock Sense VK.

Fixed it..

worm-

Apr 30, 2010
you guys using swype on the incredible, how is it performing so far? in the process of ordering mine now, and debating to order this one for my wife as well or the omnia 2. she has nails so she likes swype.

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
you guys using swype on the incredible, how is it performing so far? in the process of ordering mine now, and debating to order this one for my wife as well or the omnia 2. she has nails so she likes swype.

Cant use nails with the screen. You need to use the skin from your fingers.

JCKnights3707

Apr 29, 2010
Cant use nails with the screen. You need to use the skin from your fingers.

Yeah but you don't have to be as accurate with Swype as with a conventional keyboard.

Any ideas on making Swype the universal default?

EDIT: Never mind, I got it to work after tap-n-holding a text box and selecting Swype.

Last edited:

CrayzeeCarl

Apr 8, 2010
I feel like I'm the only person who doesnt like swype. I dont know what it is. :/

Sent from my Eris using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

two_cents

Mar 23, 2009

the stock keyboard uses approximation.. so if you hit G and you meant F it will use the one that makes more sense... and also give you the other as an option in the suggestion field... it works very nicely for a tap.. there is 2 swype type keyboard in the market also.. shapewriter is good for free also... I think the swype dictionary may be alot bigger though

Honestly77

Dec 10, 2007
Actually with the touchscreen on the incredible it reads finger nails stylus normal finger and gloves. Haven't tested stylus or gloves but finger nails work 100% Try it. It's insane.

And swipe works awesome. This phone is ten times better then the omnia. Get it. **** the Samsung junk.

Last edited:

JCKnights3707

Apr 29, 2010
Actually with the touchscreen on the incredible it reads finger nails stylus normal finger and gloves. Haven't tested stylus or gloves but finger nails work 100% Try it. It's insane.

And swipe works awesome. This phone is ten times better then the omnia. Get it. **** the Samsung junk.

Mine sure doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.