Syncing SMS between two platforms?

Search This thread

leaskovski

Mar 31, 2006
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any software that can keep your SMS synced between two different platforms?

So,

You receive an SMS say on WM and then your perform a sync which, for example, copies your SMS to gmail, you then boot into Android and run that platforms tool to sync with your SMS store which in turns adds the message to androids text system. Then a new SMS is received whilst you are tinkering on Android and you can go through the same process to move that SMS back to WM.

Make sense?

Does such software exist or is this an excuss for me to learn how to code on both platforms?

If so, what would be the best way of doing such a developement to minimise duplication? One dev language for both platforms?

Cheers!

leaskovski

Mar 31, 2006
Ok, thanks for your reply.

I have been thinking about this, and have half a solution at the moment. "SMS Backup +" works on the Driod side of things, I just need to write or find an equivilant peice of software on WM.

For that I can probably get away with using C# to knock up a quick app.

kekwowse01

Jan 9, 2011
Ok, thanks for your reply.

I have been thinking about this, and have half a solution at the moment. "SMS Backup +" works on the Driod side of things, I just need to write or find an equivilant peice of software on WM.

For that I can probably get away with using C# to knock up a quick app.

Any luck on that? I am currently converting my HTC HD2 to Android; however, before I move from SD Android to NAND Android, I'd like to transfer all my WM data.

At this moment, I was able to tranfer contacts by using ActiveSync from WM6.5 to outlook>>export to gmail>>gamil contact sync in Android, but I've not found a way to transfer test message to Android.

Any suggestion transferring data from WM to Android?

Thank you in advance.