• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Syntax error when building from android source

Search This thread

fabiotk

Jul 3, 2016
First of all, I didn't modified any file so it seems that it was already downloaded with syntax error. I followed the instructions from here and here when preparing the building environment. When I run make -j8 I got the error:

FAILED: out/target/common/obj/all-event-log-tags.txt
/bin/bash -c "build/tools/merge-event-log-tags.py -o out/target/common/obj/all-event-log-tags.txt frameworks/base/core/java/android/app/admin/SecurityLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/android/content/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/android/net/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/android/speech/tts/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/android/webkit/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/com/android/internal/logging/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/packages/SettingsProvider/src/com/android/providers/settings/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/am/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/ex/common/java/com/android/common/GoogleLogTags.logtags frameworks/native/services/surfaceflinger/EventLog/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/opt/telephony/src/java/com/android/internal/telephony/EventLogTags.logtags packages/apps/QuickSearchBox/src/com/android/quicksearchbox/EventLogTags.logtags packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/EventLogTags.logtags packages/providers/CalendarProvider/src/com/android/providers/calendar/EventLogTags.logtags packages/providers/ContactsProvider/src/com/android/providers/contacts/EventLogTags.logtags packages/services/Telephony/src/com/android/phone/EventLogTags.logtags system/bt/main/../EventLogTags.logtags system/core/liblog/event.logtags system/core/libsysutils/EventLogTags.logtags system/core/logcat/event.logtags system/core/logd/event.logtags"
File "build/tools/merge-event-log-tags.py", line 51
except getopt.GetoptError, err:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
[ 0% 92/35341] host C++: aapt <= frameworks/base/tools/aapt/Main.cpp
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
16:27:01 ninja failed with: exit status 1
make: *** [build/core/main.mk:21: run_soong_ui] Error 1

#### make failed to build some targets (53 seconds) ####

In this merge-event-log-tags.py file, at line 51, it has:

try:
opts, args = getopt.getopt(sys.argv[1:], "ho:m:")
except getopt.GetoptError, err:
print str(err)
print __doc__
sys.exit(2)

Also, this is my first time posting here and also first time trying to build android so if you guys need more information to help troubleshoot this, please let me know

UnderSampled

Oct 22, 2012
First of all, I didn't modified any file so it seems that it was already downloaded with syntax error. I followed the instructions from here and here when preparing the building environment. When I run make -j8 I got the error:

In this merge-event-log-tags.py file, at line 51, it has:

Also, this is my first time posting here and also first time trying to build android so if you guys need more information to help troubleshoot this, please let me know

I've got this same problem trying to build 8.1.0. Did you (or anyone else) ever figure this out?
http://dpaste.com/0C1QWKE