[SYSTEM] ATT Galaxy Note Root

u921333

Dec 3, 2009
Ohio
Nice, and to revert to shipped would you just hard-reset the phone?
Dont believe its that easy unfontunatly. You probably would need to Odin back a stock system image... But with my Skyrocket I just used root explorer and deleted the SuperUser.apk from the Root and any other Root related apps and returned it and visually had no signs that it was rooted LOL.

slaydog

Dec 14, 2009
that doesn't sound too hard, just load up ODIN, flash stock partition and donzo, 5 minutes right?
Last question, would flashing a stock partition with ODIN trip the counter, or is it the same procedure as this one?

I'm gonna load a custom ROM with OC and all that as soon as I can, I'm just having some odd issues with data connectivity and haven't yet determined if I'm gonna need to send this thing back yet...
Would love root, tho...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

orangekid

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
Last question, would flashing a stock partition with ODIN trip the counter, or is it the same procedure as this one?

I'm gonna load a custom ROM with OC and all that as soon as I can, I'm just having some odd issues with data connectivity and haven't yet determined if I'm gonna need to send this thing back yet...
Would love root, tho...

now THAT would trip the counter, lol.

EvoXOhio

Mar 23, 2011

Would love root, tho...

It's the same process, so no it would not trip the counter. If you flashed a new kernel to do overclocking though it would trip the counter.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
This one is difference than Da_G one. Da_G one is perm root but it will increase flash counter. This one flash with Odin but in system level not boot kernel

can you or someone be so kind as to give the simple instructions?
like from attached screen exactly what to do from here to send it at "system level" ?

Attachments

orangekid

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
I know, lol. And as soon as I determine I'm keeping this bad-boy, I'm all over it.
Sadly addicted to rom flashing...

lol, I had an HD2 for a year, i know EXACTLY what you mean.

keplenk

Aug 27, 2008
Wow that was a relief. At least, I can keep the note after all. I'm new to this and the reason I bought this device is I want to play with it with root and that kind of stuff. Good thing I can play with it without voiding the warranty (of course, return it as factory default).

Anyway, I'm hoping for an Idiot's guide :D

camaroz28

Apr 25, 2010
Atlanta
Wow that was a relief. At least, I can keep the note after all. I'm new to this and the reason I bought this device is I want to play with it with root and that kind of stuff. Good thing I can play with it without voiding the warranty (of course, return it as factory default).

Anyway, I'm hoping for an Idiot's guide :D
Haha did this the first time and soft bricked, but then I realized there was an error in unzipping the file because it didn't CRC check, so re-unzipped it and flashed again and now its working fine. Certainly didn't trip the counter either. Glad to have root that doesn't void the warrenty!

camaroz28

Apr 25, 2010
Atlanta
So will at&t refuse warranty work if the flash counter doesn't show 0?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App
That's a big YMMV. As far as I know, no one has ever reported being refused for tripping the flash counter. Basically depends on how much of a risk taker you are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App