System has been destroyed

Search This thread

Rongusha

Jun 4, 2020
Hello, this VBMETA.img flashing doesnt work for me either.

I tried to flash TWRP and as soon as i did went into this system is destroyed error and im stuck there now

Just tried to restore images from magisk in order to flash an update and now I got System destroyed message.
Tried to flash vbmeta in vain... did not work... tried to flash boot.img, same result....
System has been destroyed persist.
Is there a solution to be applied so that the device will be functional again?

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
Just tried to restore images from magisk in order to flash an update and now I got System destroyed message.
you have to flash both (boot+dtbo)
Tried to flash vbmeta in vain... did not work... tried to flash boot.img, same result....
Use A10 vbmeta (attached)
System has been destroyed persist.
how do you know persist is gone ?
Is there a solution to be applied so that the device will be functional again?
flash the attachhed vbmeta and twrp then Ofox and check "aggresive stock recovery deactivation"

Attachments

• vbmeta.img
    4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks loopy!
Did not know dtbo is involved in this process... Anyway I was able to get ofx recovery back and just did a flash of the latest 12.5.5 eea rom, also restored magisk back and all is fine.
Is there any other way to ota update a file when magisk is present without going into this or a recovery bootloop? Because I hit uninstall button in magisk, selected restore image file, did not restart the device but when I choose to update the ota file, the phone of course restarted to apply the update and system has been destroyed message came... Is there any other way to do this without this headache?

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
Thanks loopy!
Did not know dtbo is involved in this process... Anyway I was able to get ofx recovery back and just did a flash of the latest 12.5.5 eea rom, also restored magisk back and all is fine.
Is there any other way to ota update a file when magisk is present without going into this or a recovery bootloop? Because I hit uninstall button in magisk, selected restore image file, did not restart the device but when I choose to update the ota file, the phone of course restarted to apply the update and system has been destroyed message came... Is there any other way to do this without this headache?
i don't understand what is your goal
what do you want to do ?

I was trying to updat an ota file. I also have root with Magisk installed. My recovery is OrangeFox and supports ota survival.
After I downloaded the ota file I went to magisk and restored boot image in order to apply my update but when I did the update the phone restarted to apply the ota update... And this is how System has been destroyed appeared again on my phone!
Tried this known method but did not worked.
I just flashed the last recovery rom and patched the boot file for magisk, flash the patched file and everything is OK!

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
I was trying to updat an ota file...
When you flash magisk it will patch boot+dtbo (kernel) and make some files on data/adb
so make a recovery backup of those and restore them if you want root

for exp if you wipe everything and flash a rom/ota you just need to restore the rooted kernel and you have root access

Reactions: MadK9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had unlocked bootloader but system has been destroyed !

I took endless time...
    after restar system is still destroyed,
    I can run fastboot and edl

Fastboot now recognize device, bot cant flash recovery. Error device is locked now.

How can I resolve it?
    The easiest way is to flash vbmeta using this command "fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img". This has to be done from PC of course.
    The easiest way is to flash vbmeta using this command "fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img". This has to be done from PC of course.
    Why didnot it work for me
    I was trying to updat an ota file...
    When you flash magisk it will patch boot+dtbo (kernel) and make some files on data/adb
    so make a recovery backup of those and restore them if you want root

for exp if you wipe everything and flash a rom/ota you just need to restore the rooted kernel and you have root access