system.img firmware only -from 10F KDZ file

Search This thread

smaberg

Inactive Recognized Developer
HERE is the system.img firmware only from 10F KDZ file, should work with all variants of the G4 :p (i hav'nt tried it myself yet, as im away in hospital all day)

DOWNLOAD HERE
It's google drive so quata will go fast, so if youd like you can mirror it. :D

Download the system.zip file and extract it.

instructions by TEAM_CodeFire modified by smaberg

1.) install all windows driver and adb, fastboot files, download and extract LG_Root for appropriate files http://d-h.st/uO8h

2.) Enable ADB debugging on your device, Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information and tap build number until you are presented with "You are now a developer"
Exit back to Settings main screen. In Developer Options enable USB Debugging (Some devices require enabling PTP for debugging to work)

3.) In the root of LG_Root folder start a command prompt, Inside of LG_Root folder hold shift and right click a blank space you should see "Open command window here"

4.) Well that was easy , let's continue (Now that we have the files on our device we want to put our device is download mode)
Power off your device
When the device is powered off, hold volume up and insert a USB cable connected to the PC
Wait for the drivers to install

5.) Let's find which COM port our device is connected to
Double click ports.bat (This will give us the COM port in which our device is connected we are looking for the Diag port)
Let's run Send_Command.exe (It couldn't connect? Make sure you COM port number is correct it varies)
Code:
Send_Command.exe \\.\COM3

6.) in command prompt Type "id" and press enter (no quotes).
You should get back some text starting with "uid=(0)root gid=(0)root". If not, press CTRL-C, and do step 9 again (the application sometimes doesn't respond on the first command).

7.) in command prompt type
dd if=/data/media/0/system.img bs=8192 seek=55296 count=529920 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

For other variants then eu815 look here

8.) After a few minutes of sitting, you should get back a "#" prompt. This indicates the process has finished.
Type "LEAVE" (no quotes) and press enter. Your phone should reboot. DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All flashing is on your own risk, i cant help if you get a seagull in your face :)

Last edited:
Reactions: nahsen27

jeky82

May 8, 2012
No possibility to have a zip file? I do not have windows, but only Mac.. with a zip file for who has the unlocked bootloader is simpler :)

emprize

Jan 15, 2007
is it possible to change the build.prop in this .img before i flash it into my G4?

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Where did you get that? Was there another update this week?

Look at the date of the OP. This was posted weeks ago.

There are different version upgrade paths for different G4 devices.

For example, my TWN (Taiwan) device latest is 10C. You should really only use the version designed for your own device.

bartekc00

Nov 28, 2009
Warsaw
You're right. I didnt check that after being redirected here from rooted img thread. This software misleading stuff provided by LG is confusing. Sorry once again.

LG G4 H815 ®

nechmadi

Apr 24, 2010
when I flash the system.img I lose the exfat support for sdcard , I downgraded back to v10E with kdz flash and it fixed sdcard issue.
I will be very thankful to get 10F kdz ;)
I think this way I won't lose exfat support .

blake_spector

Nov 29, 2008
Hey nechmadi,
i'm quite sure that any available KDZ is and will be listed here http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G4/ (link is from this thread). depending on what device you are using (it appears to me that there's a mess with version numbers among carriers etc... i'm using a no-carrier H815 international device) v10d/e* is the latest.
(sais v10d in UI, but v10e in build.prop)

my humble advice, stick with what you have, enjoy your sd card and just wait for future upgrades to see the light of day :)

edit:
hmm, i see 10f mentioned here.. i didnt get anything 10f related so far... since i'm using a dull no-carrier device i think that's where 'LG updates' arrive first? i'm fairly new to this whole ordeal so take anything i say with a grain of salt - however i'll stick to my previous statement. sit and wait :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Where did you get that? Was there another update this week?

Look at the date of the OP. This was posted weeks ago.

There are different version upgrade paths for different G4 devices.

For example, my TWN (Taiwan) device latest is 10C. You should really only use the version designed for your own device.
    HERE is the system.img firmware only from 10F KDZ file, should work with all variants of the G4 :p (i hav'nt tried it myself yet, as im away in hospital all day)

DOWNLOAD HERE
    It's google drive so quata will go fast, so if youd like you can mirror it. :D

Download the system.zip file and extract it.

instructions by TEAM_CodeFire modified by smaberg

1.) install all windows driver and adb, fastboot files, download and extract LG_Root for appropriate files http://d-h.st/uO8h

2.) Enable ADB debugging on your device, Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information and tap build number until you are presented with "You are now a developer"
    Exit back to Settings main screen. In Developer Options enable USB Debugging (Some devices require enabling PTP for debugging to work)

3.) In the root of LG_Root folder start a command prompt, Inside of LG_Root folder hold shift and right click a blank space you should see "Open command window here"

4.) Well that was easy , let's continue (Now that we have the files on our device we want to put our device is download mode)
    Power off your device
    When the device is powered off, hold volume up and insert a USB cable connected to the PC
    Wait for the drivers to install

5.) Let's find which COM port our device is connected to
    Double click ports.bat (This will give us the COM port in which our device is connected we are looking for the Diag port)
    Let's run Send_Command.exe (It couldn't connect? Make sure you COM port number is correct it varies)
    Code:
    Send_Command.exe \\.\COM3

6.) in command prompt Type "id" and press enter (no quotes).
    You should get back some text starting with "uid=(0)root gid=(0)root". If not, press CTRL-C, and do step 9 again (the application sometimes doesn't respond on the first command).

7.) in command prompt type
    dd if=/data/media/0/system.img bs=8192 seek=55296 count=529920 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

For other variants then eu815 look here

8.) After a few minutes of sitting, you should get back a "#" prompt. This indicates the process has finished.
    Type "LEAVE" (no quotes) and press enter. Your phone should reboot. DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All flashing is on your own risk, i cant help if you get a seagull in your face :)